Options

PS3 is for inflation fetishists

• Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am downloading Tekken 5 Online right now.

I will kick all of your fucking asses at this game. Too bad none of you will actually get it.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll be getting it soon, and I know someone else on here who is getting it. Unfortunately, I was good at Tekken 4, but I never got 5 because I didn't have anyone to play with.

Defender on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    I'll be getting it soon, and I know someone else on here who is getting it. Unfortunately, I was good at Tekken 4, but I never got 5 because I didn't have anyone to play with.

i didn't have anyone to play with and i just played Arcade mode to rank up over and over again

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well, let's all play Tekken 5!

Defender, I hope you enjoy the PS3. It's a pretty solid system.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    Actually it doesn't seem to be heating up very much.

The system itself doesn't, but don't place any pristine ice sculptures behind it or anything, it pumps hot air out like crazy. Which is a good thing, hot air inside would be bad.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    Well, let's all play Tekken 5!

Defender, I hope you enjoy the PS3. It's a pretty solid system.

Thanks! I am pretty sure that I will enjoy it a whole ton when Kojima is done with MGS4. That will probably hold me for a while. I am trying to be realistic in my expectations, like...I know it's not as awesome as the trailers make it look, I know all the novel gimmicky new moves and crazy camo tricks will lose their novelty in the first 45 minutes of gameplay (hopefully the first 45 minutes will contain less than 40 minutes of codec/cutscenes this time)...but even tempering it with realism, I have some fairly high hopes for this game.

Tekken 5 should be cool to play online. I don't like the ultra-linear style of play...it feels too Japanese for me. That may be my real-life karate stuff coming through, where I prefer using mobility and angular adjustments over straight-line fighting, I don't know, but I really like how Tekken 4 and Soul Calibur use sideways motion as such a big deal. Anyway, right now my PS3 is curing cancer or something.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    You should get Virtua Fighter 5. It is not online like the 360 version (curse it), but it is probably the best fighting game I've ever played, and I've played pretty much all of them.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    FrogFrog Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Do you prefer VF5 over all the 2-d fighting games Ashcroft? I have always been a fan of Marvel vs Capcom 2 but i could not get into the 3-d fighters.

Frog on
    EdwardEyesSig.jpg
  • Options
    AlwaysAngryGuyAlwaysAngryGuy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Are any of you hooking your PS3s up to an audio receiver with HDMI? I tried doing this today and it works fine except that I no longer get 5.1 sound, my receiver picks stereo and won't let me change it. Can't figure out what the problem is. I'm pretty sure it will work with an optical cable but there's no reason that HDMI shouldn't work as well.

AlwaysAngryGuy on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I will totally play Tekken 5 Online or Puzzle Fighter HD with anyone who will gameshare them to me :P

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I have been led to believe that Virtua Fighter has great depth of play, but I've played, I think, every one except 3, and I've always found them to be clunky. As a side note, I feel like the animation is incredibly jerky and unnatural-looking, but overall I just find it annoying and clunky. Because of this, I've never managed to get too deep into any of them, preferring old Street Fighter and new Tekken/Soul games. I seem to be unable to get to the point where the game feels smooth and where I don't find myself trying to do things that the game doesn't want me to do.

EDIT: I'm REALLY suspicious of online play with fighting games. Fighting games as they currently exist rely on extremely precise timing, and with a ping of more than, like, 50, I can't see how the games would work. It seems that even a reasonable amount of lag or just a normal ping would be unacceptable in a game of that genre.

Defender on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Got Warhawk today at Gamestop. I hope that the bluetooth headset works well. Won't be able to play until Sunday, maybe.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have a PS3.

I'm here for the mansex.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

I will kick all of your fucking asses at this game. Too bad none of you will actually get it.

Oh it's fucking OOOONNNN

ASUKA AND KING ASSEMBLE!!!

in other news, nobody is ever online when I play what is up with that?

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Threepio wrote: »
    I have a PS3.

I'm here for the mansex.

Sign me up. :lol:

Frog on
    EdwardEyesSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Frog
    hello
    send me your boobs

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I warn you that they are very harry and manly pipe. But if you want...

:P sorry to disappoint.

Frog on
    EdwardEyesSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    totally harry
    also I thought you were a girl

#pipe on
  • Options
    GregoriusGregorius Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    You should get Virtua Fighter 5. It is not online like the 360 version (curse it), but it is probably the best fighting game I've ever played, and I've played pretty much all of them.

I'd just like to second this.

Gregorius on
  • Options
    MusashiMusashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I got it, though playing it online I realize how crappy I am at the game.

The game is setup into a room structure, where you can have 4-6 people per room. From there they do a king of the hill style rotation, where the people aren't play act as spectators to the match. I haven't played much and was basically steam rolled my only two matches I did so far but I haven't noticed any lag issues so far. Though once when I was a spectator for a match, there did seem to be some issues and the game would frequently pause during play.

I kind of have mixed feelings on the system. I understand that they went for the arcade feel, but I kind of just want to play Tekken matches and not have to wait 10 minutes to get ass-raped by the room winner again.

Musashi on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Not much into the kung-fu button mashers here. Maybe if they port Soul Calibur.

jwalk on
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Just downloaded WarHawk.
    PSN name is Gomjabbar. Give me a shout sometime.

gazamc on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Are any of you hooking your PS3s up to an audio receiver with HDMI? I tried doing this today and it works fine except that I no longer get 5.1 sound, my receiver picks stereo and won't let me change it. Can't figure out what the problem is. I'm pretty sure it will work with an optical cable but there's no reason that HDMI shouldn't work as well.
    Yes I have a full 7.1 speaker setup with the Onkyo 805 receiver.

Make sure you go into the Sound options menu and tell it you are using HDMI and do an auto-detect (or set the options manually, like maybe disable the 7.1 options if you only have 5.1).

Depends on what you are doing but you should get multichannel PCM (5.1 or 7.1) with games and the XMB (music, trailers) and either Dolby/DTS or M-PCM with movies, depending on how you have the BD/DVD audio option set (bitstream or PCM).

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    PSN: Walk2k

if you send me a friend request make sure you say you are from PA or something, I don't accept random friend requests.. my list is almost full. actually it is full, but I can probably trim some losers I haven't seen in awhile..

the 50 person limit is a joke, though. I swear to god it should be the #1 priority for Sony to be fixing.

jwalk on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ThreePio - do you want your PSN ID on the list?

Also my bluetooth headset is almost charged. It will be time for the Warhawking soon...

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Puzzle Fighter sure has some fuckannoying music.

jwalk on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    ThreePio - do you want your PSN ID on the list?

Also my bluetooth headset is almost charged. It will be time for the Warhawking soon...

rogerwilco

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    OK Warhawk time!

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Apparently some people are having problems with the Jabra headset that comes with the Warhawk in store game bundle, but mine seems to work fine.

Warhawk is great if you like games like Unreal Tournament.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, I want Warhawk. But, I can't afford to drop $40 or $60 on it at the moment, not with so much crap coming down the pipe very very soon.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Holy shit.

Warhawk is awesome.

And I apparently suck shit at Tekken 5.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Woah Warhawk just crashed my PS3...

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Mine locked up once in the first 10 minutes but hasn't since.

Someone said don't have the media server thing turned on. I don't know if that helps but worth a shot.

jwalk on
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Warhawk is fuckawesome. Once you get used to the speed.

gazamc on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    so have any of you guys played Lair

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    oh shits I didn't even realize it came out.

guess I'll be stopping at the EB later

jwalk on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    #pipe wrote: »
    totally harry
    also I thought you were a girl

if it helps, he's a good lookin' dude

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Thanks Keith. <3

Frog on
    EdwardEyesSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Anyone else seen the new pictures of the PSP Slim?

I want one just for the better loading times and battery life. Think I'll hang on to my original 1.5 firmware PSP as well for a while longer yet though. For science.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    jwalk wrote: »
    Mine locked up once in the first 10 minutes but hasn't since.

Someone said don't have the media server thing turned on. I don't know if that helps but worth a shot.

Mine locked up twice last night, both times were just after a ranked game ended.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
This discussion has been closed.