As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3 is for inflation fetishists

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    i started uncharted earlier

it's pretty fun

i'm like right when you get to the part that you play in the demo

either i suck or the aiming is really slow

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    the guy that does Sully's voice kind of sounds like Craig T. Nelson

but it's not

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    Oh man, they have Wild Arms on the PSN network playable on your PS3 and PSP. Its only $6, but I feel so ripped off since I've already paid for it twice (PS1 and the Alter Code F remake for the PS2). What to do, what to do. Anyone have any experience with the PS1 games on the PSP? They worth downloading again?

Also, they have new themes for Uncharted and Rachet and Clank for free. C'mon Sony, hurry up with the update that gives me divx and all.

I got Symphony of the Night off the PSN a while back and it works great

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hmm, that sounds good enough for me. Downloading Wild Arms this weekend. Also, Symphony of the Night too. Stupid PSN with their nifty stuff. Just release Home already.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I may be wrong but I think they got rid of SotN. At least for a while.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Dangit, why you gotta bring me up just to let me down? Ah well, I think SoTN is a freebie on the most recent castlevania for the PSP. Been meaning to pick it up. Maybe after the holidays.

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    SotN was there a week or two ago

LocoRoco isn't under the "unique games" thing anymore but if you go to "all games" you can find it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hmm, I usually just look at the first window. I'll take a look at the all games category. Hopefully find it. Better to find it for like $6 than pay like $30 for a psp game.

lostwords on
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You know what the best part about Rock Band is?

Guitar + Vocals.

It's like a whole new lease on life. It makes me want to learn the words to every song in the game so I can always do it.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Keith wrote: »

it's pretty fun

I was having some trouble with aiming at first, then suddenly I got the "five kills in a row by headshot" medal and I realized "oh hey I'm not having that much trouble now."

EDIT: The best was one of the guys who like stopped to shake his junk at me or something, and I popped him right in the face with my pistol. Stupid bitch, don't stand out in the open and taunt me, I'm already trying to shoot you.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Defender wrote: »

it's pretty fun

I was having some trouble with aiming at first, then suddenly I got the "five kills in a row by headshot" medal and I realized "oh hey I'm not having that much trouble now."

Yeah, I got that medal already

but I just mean

the cursor moves really slowly

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

it's pretty fun

EDIT: The best was one of the guys who like stopped to shake his junk at me or something, and I popped him right in the face with my pistol. Stupid bitch, don't stand out in the open and taunt me, I'm already trying to shoot you.

heh i love when that happens

i always think "these guys are such bad actors" and then realise how much it says about the game that you think of the random npcs as cheesy actors rather than just polygons with some decent ai

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

it's pretty fun

Yeah, I got that medal already

but I just mean

the cursor moves really slowly

you can turn the sensitivity up in the options

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    bsjezz wrote: »

it's pretty fun

heh i love when that happens

i always think "these guys are such bad actors" and then realise how much it says about the game that you think of the random npcs as cheesy actors rather than just polygons with some decent ai

Yeah, the game is overflowing with personality. It's a subtle thing and has basically nothing whatsoever to do with the substance, which is usually what I notice most about games, but this game has enough substance that I do notice the effort and polish that's been put into the style.

Defender on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh god there's an expansion for Oblivion available. I still haven't beat the main game yet...

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oblivion on the PS3 annoys me. I'd like to get the PS3 GotY edition, since it beats the pants off of the 360 version in looks and load times, but they don't seem to have any intention on bringing over the DLC from the PC and 360. Things like The Wizard's Tower are essential, I was really disappointed that they didn't add all the DLC to the GotY edition.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    uncharted is really fun

i haven't put much time into it, maybe like 4 hours tops, and my save file says 48%

:(

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    uncharted is really fun

i haven't put much time into it, maybe like 4 hours tops, and my save file says 48%

Are you playing on easy or something? That sounds a little bit fast. Not that it's a 40-hour game or anything, though.

Defender on
  • Options
    MusashiMusashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    uncharted is really fun

Are you playing on easy or something? That sounds a little bit fast. Not that it's a 40-hour game or anything, though.

My first time through I was playing on hard and my save file told me it took 10 hours. Just curious what chapter are you on?

Musashi on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Musashi wrote: »
    uncharted is really fun

My first time through I was playing on hard and my save file told me it took 10 hours. Just curious what chapter are you on?

I'm on normal. Uh...I think I'm on Chapter 6? I just got to the jet ski part

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    uncharted is really fun

I'm on normal. Uh...I think I'm on Chapter 6? I just got to the jet ski part

There are 22 Chapters total, though 21 and 22 are extremely short. So I think you still have a reasonable amount of game left.

Musashi on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't even remember what the original title of this thread was

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Got my 60gig, very excited. Very first game I put on there was Tekken 5 DR Online. Hopped into a match, watched for a round had my turn and went 2 - 0 before I had to go. I didnt do bad considering it has been over a year since I have touched Tekken.

List of things to get for my PS3 - Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and a PS2 Memory Adapter.

PMed the OP with my PSN handle but I will put it here as well, NinjaFrizz, same as my XBL and TF2 name.

Aretè on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Okay, Eye of Judgement came in the mail. I am still messing around with it, particluraly finding a way to play it in my room without knocking anything over and having enough lights. Anyone want to play sometime next week, let me know. I will try my best to not do awful. I'm talking to you, MisterCreepy.

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    OK no TV for like...until they deliver my new TV. But that should be like a week. Then we gots to play some goddamn Tekken 5 online, because I haven't touched in a couple of weeks due to being too busy.

Defender on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I love the Rock Band guitar controller, I can play all day and my fingers barely get tired.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I have too many games. I said I wasn't going to do this, but I got my hands on some discount codes, so after Guitar Hero and Mass Effect, I ended up getting Ratchett & Clank, CoD4, Uncharted, Kane & Lynch, and Orange Box. Saved about £90 though, so it was probably the right thing to do. I always end up not being able to decide what to play though. Too many choices. After the Hatton fight, I might play some CoD4.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Man I would look closely at all available materials related to Kane & Lynch before purchasing it.

Renting AC was a great move, saved me over 50 dollars.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Man I would look closely at all available materials related to Kane & Lynch before purchasing it.

I did. I wouldn't have paid £40 for it, but £23 is fine. I love an occasional horribly violent game. Even if I hate it, I'll probably still get my money back selling it used.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Do the treasures you find carry over into replays? I'm guessing the medals do (since there are medals for beating the different difficulties).

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Do the treasures you find carry over into replays? I'm guessing the medals do (since there are medals for beating the different difficulties).

Yes, they do.

I beat the game on crushing and I'm currently at 830/1000 points. Most of the medals I still need to unlock are associated with treasures.

Musashi on
  • Options
    snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    so out of nowhere my wife hands me an early christmas present and tells me to open it. She got me uncharted. I'm barely into the game at all because as soon as I got it going, my kid went apeshit wanting to play with the controller and instead of enjoying the game, it just made me increasingly pissed off.

I'll have to sit down and play it after he goes to bed. It looks fun.

snap on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Your wife is awesome, your kid needs something to do.

How old is he and what do you mean about wanting to play with the controller?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Yes, they do.

I beat the game on crushing and I'm currently at 830/1000 points. Most of the medals I still need to unlock are associated with treasures.

if you beat it on a harder difficulty, do you get the medal for the easier ones?

like if i beat it on normal do i get the easy one as well?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

I'm guessing his kid is an infant or a toddler. They like to hold and play with anything you're holding/playing with.
    Controllers, phones, keyboard, mouse, remotes... It's cute, but it can get annoying sometimes.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Yes, they do.

if you beat it on a harder difficulty, do you get the medal for the easier ones?

yes

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Yes, they do.

Whatever level you beat it on all of the easier medals are also unlocked. You don't need to replay on an easier level to get them.

Musashi on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    #pipe wrote: »

I'm guessing his kid is an infant or a toddler. They like to hold and play with anything you're holding/playing with.

Anything?

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Controllers, phones, keyboard, mouse, remotes... It's cute, but it can get annoying sometimes.

yeah, he's a toddler.

He sees me playing with the controller a lot so of course he wants to play with it too.

I even went as far as to take an old PS1 controller and cutting the cord off of it and giving that to him to play with.

snap on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ashcroft wrote: »

Anything?

well played

Nuzak on
This discussion has been closed.