As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3 is for inflation fetishists

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    snap wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Your wife is awesome, your kid needs something to do.

How old is he and what do you mean about wanting to play with the controller?

I'm guessing his kid is an infant or a toddler. They like to hold and play with anything you're holding/playing with.
    Controllers, phones, keyboard, mouse, remotes... It's cute, but it can get annoying sometimes.

yeah, he's a toddler.

He sees me playing with the controller a lot so of course he wants to play with it too.

I even went as far as to take an old PS1 controller and cutting the cord off of it and giving that to him to play with.

you could always tell him no and smack him

just like my Dad and the pliers

I apparntly always wanted to touch his hand tools, so he just backhanded me everytime I reached for one.

"After I split your lip open 2 or 3 times, you learned tools are not to be touched without permission."

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Call of Duty 4 is pretty great. I jumped straight to Hard, since I beat CoD2 on Veteran (eventually), and it's just about perfect.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Stale wrote: »
    "After I split your lip open 2 or 3 times, you learned tools are not to be touched without permission."

I think that your old man and my old man should get together and go bowling.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

I think that your old man and my old man should get together and go bowling.

My dad would like to come too.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

I'm guessing his kid is an infant or a toddler. They like to hold and play with anything you're holding/playing with.
    Controllers, phones, keyboard, mouse, remotes... It's cute, but it can get annoying sometimes.

yeah, he's a toddler.

He sees me playing with the controller a lot so of course he wants to play with it too.

I even went as far as to take an old PS1 controller and cutting the cord off of it and giving that to him to play with.

I apparntly always wanted to touch his hand tools, so he just backhanded me everytime I reached for one.

i don't like to spank my kid

instead i just hold him up to the cieling fan, moving him slowly closer and closer, screaming gibberish into his face until finally...whack whack whack

snap on
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

yeah, he's a toddler.

i don't like to spank my kid

instead i just hold him up to the cieling fan, moving him slowly closer and closer, screaming gibberish into his face until finally...whack whack whack

This was horrifying until I pictured it in my head and giggled.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    how is uncharted rated T

sure, they don't say fuck, but they say shit pretty often

I mean, I guess it's not that bad, but there's no restrictions on selling T games and i don't think it's something the younger crowd should play

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I finally played the Uncharted demo over the weekend.

It was really cool

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    how is uncharted rated T

sure, they don't say fuck, but they say shit pretty often

I mean, I guess it's not that bad, but there's no restrictions on selling T games and i don't think it's something the younger crowd should play

you know, i looked at my game box and thought the same exact thing about an hour ago.

snap on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Uncharted spoiler;
    Am I the only one who was dissapointed to learn that they go from sort of realistic indianna jones simulator to 'lets do what far cry did and throw mutants in' ?

I like the game, but the addition of the demon cannible creatures was stupid in my mind.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    i want to read that but i'm not finished yet

i'm around chapter 15?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Umm I don't know what chapter it is.

why don't you spoiler something significant that's happened, if it's farther then me, that's fine. I don't mind being spoiled.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    yeah i just read your spoiler and i haven't reached that yet thanks a lot

although i've actually been expecting that to happen

i thought it was going to happen when
    you get into the "land of the dead", since i found ammo but i didn't think there would be dudes down there

that's my one problem with the game. it's like, you're figuring everything out and no one's there before you but there are always hundreds of dudes waiting for you

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    TEEN
    Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    strong language is pretty frequently used, though

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

you get into the "land of the dead", since i found ammo but i didn't think there would be dudes down there

that's my one problem with the game. it's like, you're figuring everything out and no one's there before you but there are always hundreds of dudes waiting for you

Yes!

That shit pisses me off.

It takes you a few minutes to discover an unopened passage way that hasn't been opened in hundreds of years, but you take 4 steps in and BAM!

4 thugs are already in there digging around.

That makes no sense.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Another problem I have is that Nate is an "everyman" character, and he doesn't think the treasure is worth dying for, but he has no problem killing thousands of dudes to get it

Same with Elena.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I like the fact that a journalist has no problem with killing people over a piece for television.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Another problem I have is that Nate is an "everyman" character, and he doesn't think the treasure is worth dying for, but he has no problem killing thousands of dudes to get it

Same with Elena.

They say he's an ordinary guy, but he fucking is not an ordinary guy. He can kill a man in about three seconds with his bare hands. He can climb cliffs without any kind of climbing gear. He can win gunfights while outnumbered by opponents with superior equipment. He also hunts fucking treasure. And through all of this, his face has stayed very pretty. And he's interesting enough to be the subject of an episode of one of those Discovery Channel shows. That's not Joe Blow.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I like the fact that a journalist has no problem with killing people over a piece for television.

Also, they are firing guns at her.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Defender wrote: »

yeah but you'd think they'd be like, "shit...we just killed people"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Moral introspection? No, no, this is like Indiana Jones. The people the heroes kill are bad.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Yeah, the fact that she hasn't freaked out over the fact that people are firing guns at her and she's a journalist is weird to me too.

Fuck, if I was a reporter and someone shot a gun at me, I would start crying and scream, 'GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!'

Not, 'Lets ditch options to go back home and kill more people and hunt treasure'

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    she freaked out a couple of times when getting shot at

I do like that she can't die (unless she can in harder difficulties). I would hate to have to look out for her because I suck enough as it is

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007

Yeah, the fact that she hasn't freaked out over the fact that people are firing guns at her and she's a journalist is weird to me too.

Fuck, if I was a reporter and someone shot a gun at me, I would start crying and scream, 'GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!'

Not, 'Lets ditch options to go back home and kill more people and hunt treasure'

it's pretty clear that she already has firearms experience

maybe she was a war correspondent? they hint pretty strongly that she has shot people before

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007

Yes!

That shit pisses me off.

It takes you a few minutes to discover an unopened passage way that hasn't been opened in hundreds of years, but you take 4 steps in and BAM!

That makes no sense.

they're blowing holes in the walls; basically, you're taking the long way, and they're either following you or blasting their way through the complex

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Yes!

That shit pisses me off.

That makes no sense.

they're blowing holes in the walls; basically, you're taking the long way, and they're either following you or blasting their way through the complex

Yes, this is even established in the early levels; Drake does some obscure puzzle and leaps around on high ledges and shit, and then Sully comes bounding down from the other end of the hallway, having found an alternate, and easier, route. Drake basically always ends up taking the hardest possible path around everything.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, but there are no blown holes in the city of the dead.

Let me juse clarify, I love this game.

It's awesome.

There are just parts that are poorly explained and seem like cop outs.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

It's awesome.

I felt this way but you have to chock it up to being a fun story that doesn't really take itself seriously

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh, I don't let it detract from the experience.

Although I'm stuck near the end in a place with some flashing red lights, hint without spoilering *wink*wink*, that is pissing me off.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    monkeyfeet63monkeyfeet63 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man I really want a cool PS3 game but all I have is this stupid Assasin's Creed

monkeyfeet63 on
    Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Phonehand wrote: »

It's awesome.

I felt this way but you have to chock it up to being a fun story that doesn't really take itself seriously

1) "Chalk"

2) Just because it's not a 100% realistic story does not mean that it's excused from plot holes or that lazy copouts are OK. I'm not saying that this is a lazily-written story full of bullshit copouts and plot holes, but I am saying that, in principle, "it's fiction" does not mean "anything goes." There are still rules.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Man I really want a cool PS3 game but all I have is this stupid Assasin's Creed

Ditch it and get Uncharted. Or Ratchet & Clank. I've also had a lot of fun with the PS3 online version of Tekken 5, which is only $30. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is pretty damn awesome too, though it has a few issues because its gameplay is a few years old. Not enough issues to take away from how fucking awesome it is, though. Resistance is a pretty decent FPS. Warhawk's supposed to be really good, and I think they did a content patch recently, so you should be able to find opponents (and it is less than $60 if you buy it on the PSN Store). Some people say that Skate is cool. Folklore looks like the story, at the very least, is neato. And some of the really late-period PS2 games like Odin Sphere and God Of War 2 are fuckawesome. Frankly, God Of War 1 and 2 actually look like early PS3 titles, they are just that goddamn amazing.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I just finished Uncharted. What a wonderful game.

I found 43 out of the 60 treasures.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I need to get the following;

Rachet and clank
    Rock band
    and that UT3 game.

I cant wait for that sequel to the 'halo killer' on the ps2. I can't remember what it's called but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Get Oblivion. You can probably find it for less than like $30 and it plays like a dream on the PS3. It will seriously suck up hours and hours. If you want more, you can download the Shivering Isle expansion on the PSN, not even have to leave you house.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    "Halo killer" seems like an inappropriate phrase. Halo's strength is that it's got like a zillion dollars of marketing and hype behind it, not that it's an awesome game. Anything can be a Halo killer, it just needs to be a game that isn't total ass and that has two zillion dollars of marketing and hype behind it.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I only used that phrase because it was so heavily attached to the game, and I couldn't remember the name.

I didn't even play it, but the screenshots of the new game looks pretty awesome.

Although I don't understand how the alien planet they invade after fending off the attack has the same tin roof material we have.

again, nit picking, but it's interesting.

Kill zone, that's what I'm thinking of.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I was playing Uncharted at work the other day and I was looking at the rewards and this kid asked "what's "Next-Gen" Filter" and I said, "I dunno; it probably makes it all brown with light bloom."

i unlocked it earlier and laughed pretty hard

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, "next-gen filter" was a pretty good joke.

Defender on
This discussion has been closed.