Options

PS3 is for inflation fetishists

• Options
    MusashiMusashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    so have any of you guys played Lair

From everything I read, Lair is a complete bitch to control. The dragon is kind of slow to respond and gets confused easily when approaching narrow areas. I also read that you it has a lock on feature but you can't control which target it locks onto. A while ago they promised a demo on the PSN but the deadline for that demo pasted like a month ago so I doubt we'll ever see it on the store.

Musashi on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    jwalk wrote: »
    Mine locked up once in the first 10 minutes but hasn't since.

Someone said don't have the media server thing turned on. I don't know if that helps but worth a shot.

Mine locked up twice last night, both times were just after a ranked game ended.

I locked up once, I think it has something to do with an ungracefully disconnect from the server, not sure though. Actually, the first game I tried to play online, the game locked up on me but it hasn't happened to me since then.

Musashi on
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, Haze is now PS3 exclusive. Well, exclusive in the sense that they said "we aren't making any ports for the 360 or PC" instead of "this is PS3 exclusive". So I guess it's exclusive for now.

Also, developer walkthrough of a level: http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/haze-developer-play+through-295593.php

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Haze is by Free Radical so it will be rad as all hell because they themselves are well you get the idea

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Anyone else seen the new pictures of the PSP Slim?

I want one just for the better loading times and battery life. Think I'll hang on to my original 1.5 firmware PSP as well for a while longer yet though. For science.

the better battery life is only if you get the kit that includes the old battery

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Sean Penn Is A Gay FaggotSean Penn Is A Gay Faggot Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    PS3 is gay.

Sean Penn Is A Gay Faggot on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Musashi wrote: »

From everything I read, Lair is a complete bitch to control. The dragon is kind of slow to respond and gets confused easily when approaching narrow areas. I also read that you it has a lock on feature but you can't control which target it locks onto. A while ago they promised a demo on the PSN but the deadline for that demo pasted like a month ago so I doubt we'll ever see it on the store.

that's too bad, my dad's super-excited for it

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    well i was reading the GnT thread and a lot of people are saying the SIXAXIS is fine to control

maybe IGN and all those other reviewers are just fags

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    well i was reading the GnT thread and a lot of people are saying the SIXAXIS is fine to control

yeah because it isn't G&T that are the fags

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have played Lair and anyone who can't use the motion controls shouldn't even be playing video games in the first place because they're probably the type of person who has to look at the controller to see where the buttons are. Lair is ridiculously easy to get in to and handles just fine.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    hey i played a ps3 for the first time last night

felt a lot like anything else

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Musashi wrote: »

that's too bad, my dad's super-excited for it

I had a friend who said he loved it.

You could pull the dragon around beautifully and could do some great kills, like grabbing an enemy and just bashing them into a wall.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    God damnit Warhawk won't stop crashing. It's crashed 4 times tonight, once during startup.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Keith wrote: »

yeah because it isn't G&T that are the fags

post of the week

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Warhawk has yet to crash on me.

My only problem with it is the fucking terrible lobby.

Seriously? How can counterstrike have been out since like fucking 1998 with a perfectly funtioning lobby. If the game is full, it shows as full, if its not, you can join it. In Warhawk? Fuck no. It just doesnt refresh people in the game, just the ping. Assholes.

gazamc on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just read on some PS3 forum that a little big planet demo is set to hit the store in a couple weeks.

also home is set for full release mid next month :o

#pipe on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    #pipe wrote: »
    I just read on some PS3 forum that a little big planet demo is set to hit the store in a couple weeks.

also home is set for full release mid next month :o

oh god lbp demo

don't toy with me, pipe

do you have a link?

be still my beating heart

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    gruggrug Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Message to thread;

Which are the worthwhile games currently available on ps3?

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2007
    resistance and warhawk

i think those are the good ones

Knob on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    there's lair and the darkness which you could rent

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    i got resistance and motorstorm with the ps3 as a deal and i reckon they're both bloody awesome

ninja gaiden sigma is good fun, at least the demo is

other than that i'd say virtua fighter 5, warhawk, oblivion, maybe the darkness? tom clancy stuff? there's not heaps to choose from

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Resistance is pretty good, yeah.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    gruggrug Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    thanks.

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So I tried out the Folklore demo today.

Holy fucking shit.

Day one purchase for me. Just the presentation and setting alone completely sold me on it, and I went into the demo having never even seen or heard about the game before.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I made an entry for Game Republic's design a folk contest, so hopefully with a little luck I'll win a free copy of folklore and an artbook when it's released (maybe even get my folk in the game).

Has anyone else played the Bladestorm demo off the JP store? I normally can't stand Dynasty Warriors but the demo is pretty fun and it seems to have a lot of RPG elements to it. Unlike DW you aren't a single man army, and instead you command various squads on the battlefield, and there is quite a variety of squads (Javelin and shield, sword and shield, single hand sword, two handed swords, bows, crossbows, mounted knights, on and on). You hit X to command a squad, and depending on your rank in the game you can commandeer more powerful units on the battlefield. By yourself the player character is somewhat weak and vulnerable, but with a squad you can charge into an enemy line and execute attacks in unison and send enemies flying.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    man

warhawk is jsut so much fucking fun. I cant wait until all of the little wrinkles are ironed out, because damn. That game is fucking crazy.

Get in a 32 player CTF or Zones game. And its so crazy. In the air you know you could get raped any second. On the Ground, same goes. Its so good.

gazamc on
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Does anybody know if you can change the MAC address on the PS3? I know you can do it on the 360

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Does anybody know if you can change the MAC address on the PS3? I know you can do it on the 360

I don't think you can change it, though I'm half curious why you want to change one. Is there a conflict of addresses on your network?

Musashi on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    It's the college network.

The college reccomends this:
    What must I do to play my XBox, PS2, etc. over the ResNet?
    In order for your game console to function over the ResNet, it must meet four requirements:

A physical address, (also called a MAC address or hardware address,) which must be registered for DHCP access
    A web browser
    DHCP enabled
    Must accept cookies

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Uh, you should never be able to change your MAC address on any device. That's the unique identifier on the hardware itself, you're not supposed to change it.

EDIT: So maybe you would like to register your console's MAC with university IT?

Defender on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    It's the college network.

The college reccomends this:
    What must I do to play my XBox, PS2, etc. over the ResNet?
    In order for your game console to function over the ResNet, it must meet four requirements:

A physical address, (also called a MAC address or hardware address,) which must be registered for DHCP access
    A web browser
    DHCP enabled
    Must accept cookies

It just sounds like you need to give your campus you're PS3 mac address. The easiest place to find it is on the back of the system there is a bar code with an alpha-numeric code on the back. That should be your mac address. You can also find in the OS under the network status option.

Musashi on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    But would that even do anything? Can the PS3 accept cookies?

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yes, you can log into forums and things.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, I've heard conflicting arguments.

Do you or do you not need an HDTV in order to use a PS3 without cutting wires and what not.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Veretas wrote: »
    So, I've heard conflicting arguments.

Do you or do you not need an HDTV in order to use a PS3 without cutting wires and what not.

The PS3 runs fine on a standard def TV with everything that comes in the box. To run in Hi-Def or in progressive scan you will need to buy either component or HDMI.

Musashi on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yes, the PS3 comes with plain ol' red yellow white composite cables just like a PS2 and will work just dandy on a SD TV. Won't look nearly as good but it will work fine.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Honestly I don't give a shit if it isn't 1080p

Sure it looks great but I'm gonna be too damn focused on the game to care.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    i just accepted all of you faggots on psn

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    FrogFrog Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    May as well add me to the list, its kdc531

Although, I have zero games as of right now.

Frog on
    EdwardEyesSig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.