As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fudged Vista Boot Manager/Loader on 750GB HDD?

victor_c26victor_c26 Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I ordered a WD 750GB drive from newegg, and when it arrived I installed it and installed Vista on it.

But I noticed something weird with how my system boots Vista on this HDD.

As the motherboard loads the hard drive. It checks twice with a blank screen. The first time it takes only half a second, but the second check takes around 5 seconds. After the second blank screen, my monitor mode switches again and Vista starts to load right away.

Could this be a fudged Boot Manager/Loader, or is this just a side effect of using a large capacity hard drive?

Note: On the second check, The HDD is being read the whole time. Also, I tried Fixboot and Fixmbr with the install DVD. That didn't seem to do anything. Vista boots everytime, it's just that little oddity that has me worried for my data. 750GB of possible future data is a lot to lose down the road.

It's been so long since I've posted here, I've removed my signature since most of what I had here were broken links. Shows over, you can carry on to the next post.
victor_c26 on