As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360, HDMI, and Olevia HDTV Woes

HewnHewn Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I have recently purchased both an Xbox 360 Premium with HDMI as well as an Olevia 232T 32" HDTV from Target.

However, upon hooking up the Xbox to the TV via HDMI, I get an error stating "invalid format." I have called Olevia and Microsoft support, both don't seem to know what it is. A Google search showed that other Olevia users have had this issue, some able to solve it, others unresolved.

I have played with boot order. Changed the Xbox 360 display settings to every possible configuration. And I have attempted to use the Olevia auto sync feature to get it to recognize the display.

This is my last effort to see if this problem has a simple solution I simply am overlooking due to my inexperience with HD products. Otherwise, back to Target the TV goes.

Steam: hewn
Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
Hewn on

• Options
    KMFurDMKMFurDM Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Does it work with the component cables?

KMFurDM on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If the 360 is trying to output in 1080P that could be a problem. I just bought that same TV a few days ago and I think the highest it goes is 1080i.

Try the component cable solution and set the 360 to a lower resolution.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've set it to all resolutions, via the component, with no luck.

Component looks great and all, but it's a tad frustrating not having the HDMI work and it being a total mystery.

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf