As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Things I like/dislike better then last years PAX thread

13»

• ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I purposefully go out of my way to meet people. But while I did make a few new friends, I was flat out rejected by some people which was a little jarring.

Shade on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Shade wrote: »
    I purposefully go out of my way to meet people. But while I did make a few new friends, I was flat out rejected by some people which was a little jarring.

yeah, oddly, that's something i never got in 04-06, but there did seem to be a lot more casuals and others who just didn't get into the spirit of pax at 07. the problem is that most people who show up just kinda walk around and do their thing, hit some panels, and go home. and lots of people just do it on saturday. so this means that they don't read the boards, and that they didn't get to the friday keynote, and they really don't know what it is that makes pax different from all those other gaming "cons" around.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I agree that the table top rooms just weren't as easy to get into this year as last year. I was so busy discovering how awesome PC Freeplay is that I didn't really feel the lack... but it is unfortunate that PAX didn't have a big free-for-all game room like it did at the Red Lion last year. Having it all in one space made it easier for strangers to group up, and gave it a festive atmosphere--games would form up, play, disband, and merge with other games, rinse and repeat.

However, PAX 07 exceeded my expectations in every way and astonishingly managed to trump last year for sheer awesome.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • LittlePKLittlePK Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Things I like better than last year:

the guys at the Fury booth really didn't know enough about the game to answer my questions, they just kept repeating their promo lines as if they were memorized. I don't think they were even gamers.

I spent a lot of time at the Fury booth this year where as last year I couldn't get far enough away. I spend quite a bit of time talking to one of the lead designers who was pretty cool. I had played the beta when it was first released and kinda drifted away because of all the stability issues, but started playing it again just after PAX. Still needs work but it is improving by leaps and bounds every patch. I think if they can just keep it going they are going to build some pretty cool.

LittlePK on
This discussion has been closed.