Options

allen or preorder

• Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Neli wrote: »
    I always wondered what the christ this was

snip

The corpse of a big alien guy who piloted the ship where the alien came from in the first Alien movie.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Good call, SA.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dan O'Bannon, who created the Alien, wrote that the planet on which the Aliens were found in the films was in fact its home world, but that a cataclysmic event millennia prior had wiped out all the adults of the species, leaving only the eggs. The creatures, prior to extinction, had reached a level of intelligence where they were able to construct temples and had their own culture and written language. The Space Jockeys, miners exploring the area much like the Nostromo and its crew, then found the planet, only to come to grief when they came across the dormant eggs. This was written into the original script, and was published in the Alien Portfolio, which detailed design aspects of the film.

Apparently aliens used to be able to write

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I've never heard that before. That's pretty cool.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also everyone should see Dark Star.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So Aliens Vs. Predator 2 was a pretty good game, then?

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Harrier wrote: »
    So Aliens Vs. Predator 2 was a pretty good game, then?

I played the first one and it was very good

them predators were fucking overpowered though

I didn't get round to finish the second one, maybe I'll reinstall it

Odin on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Predator 2 is my favorite.

What's best is that since this takes place in modern times, Danny Glover could be in it, and it'd be canon.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I will see this movie and enjoy it

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also everyone should see Dark Star.

Yeah, they should. Hard to find though.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Yeah, I was referring to Blockbuster and shit.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    SA wrote: »

snip

The corpse of a big alien guy who piloted the ship where the alien came from in the first Alien movie.

big elephant aliens

a group of marines (mostly androids) and the grown up version of Newt (the little kid from aliens) discover whats believed to be the face hugger home world. not much happens, some treachery blah blah blah. big elephant alien saves them. thinking hes a good guy, and telling him about his lost comrade (the dead alien from the original, pictured there), take him back to earth to help with a burgeoning xenomorph invasion on humankind. they come back too late, humans nuke the earth and abandon it with hopes of returning after the fallout subsides. alien elephant dude says "no sorry, sad to say this but my race are conquerers too and this planet looks great"

the end

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wren wrote: »

snip

big elephant aliens

a group of marines (mostly androids) and the grown up version of Newt (the little kid from aliens) discover whats believed to be the face hugger home world. not much happens, some treachery blah blah blah. big elephant alien saves them. thinking hes a good guy, and telling him about his lost comrade (the dead alien from the original, pictured there), take him back to earth to help with a burgeoning xenomorph invasion on humankind. they come back too late, humans nuke the earth and abandon it with hopes of returning after the fallout subsides. alien elephant dude says "no sorry, sad to say this but my race are conquerers too and this planet looks great"

the end

Pics or it didnt happen

Dadouw on
  • Options
    ZoltanisZoltanis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dan O'Bannon, who created the Alien, wrote that the planet on which the Aliens were found in the films was in fact its home world, but that a cataclysmic event millennia prior had wiped out all the adults of the species, leaving only the eggs. The creatures, prior to extinction, had reached a level of intelligence where they were able to construct temples and had their own culture and written language. The Space Jockeys, miners exploring the area much like the Nostromo and its crew, then found the planet, only to come to grief when they came across the dormant eggs. This was written into the original script, and was published in the Alien Portfolio, which detailed design aspects of the film.

Apparently aliens used to be able to write

But the fun part of the aliens is that they're not intelligent. They're just a force of nature and biology that can't be stopped even by all of humans advanced science.

Zoltanis on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It's called the Space Jockey.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Tell me more

Dadouw on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I think that's it, actually.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    IncendiaryIncendiary Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

snip

big elephant aliens

the end

What book was this one? Earth Hive? Or do I not remember these at all?

Incendiary on
    Peace? Peace? I hate the word, as I hate Hell, all Montagues...and thee.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't remember the bit about xenophant claiming Earth. Was that how Female War ended? On an unrelated but more interesting note than feminazi motivated themes re:AvP, Chris Bunch i guess died in like 2005(!?) and Steve Perry and some other Perry finished his Star Risk series. It was decent.

Anyway, literate xeno's: boo. Now that we've established their zerg-esque flavor, I want to see an octoxenopus, and a xenomanbearpig. Like now.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Incendiary wrote: »

snip

big elephant aliens

the end

It was one of the comics. Apocalypse, I believe.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Incendiary wrote: »

snip

big elephant aliens

the end

It was one of the comics. Apocalypse, I believe.

No it was Earth Hive that had the space jockey.

Spoiler-ish
    It's been awhile but I think the space jockey showed up in his ship as Earth was finally overrun. If I remember right all he basically said was "you bitches is fucked". Also Earth was only slightly nuked at the end of Earth Hive.

Minor Second on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

snip the Space Jockey

Looks like a giant phallic symbol to me.

Man, everything H.R. Geiger does is pahllic this vaginal that. It's all sort of messed up, and since I like messed up trippy things, I prefer the Xenomorphs over other bad-ass alien species.

Besdies, Sugorney Weaver! "Get away from her you bitch!"

Also, only the first 3 Alien movies count in my book. No Resurection (tho it was ok I admit) and no silly comics or games or AVP. Man, why wasn't AVP set in the future? I mean come on Hollywood! Duh!

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Anyone see the On Demand comercial where they interrupt that line, so frustrating and dumb.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Predators.

Hehe, pussyfaces.

sarukun on
  • Options
    ZoltanisZoltanis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Theidar wrote: »

Anyone see the On Demand comercial where they interrupt that line, so frustrating and dumb.

It made me want to produce a film starring her just so she won't do anything like that again.

Zoltanis on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So I watched the trailer.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

sarukun on
  • Options
    ZebesianPirateZebesianPirate Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It looks pretty violent. I wonder what the rating will be here.

ZebesianPirate on
    thrownroomsigss2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I mean, that dude's face melted completely the fuck off.

sarukun on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Shit, I have the Alien Quadrilogy here, and I ain't watched it yet. I really should.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Shit, I have the Alien Quadrilogy here, and I ain't watched it yet. I really should.

oddly the only ones i've seen are aliens and alien resurrection

i feel like i probably should've seen alien before resurrection

since alien is supposed to be good and resurrection was horrendous

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It's got Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, and Aliens Resurrection

And I think a DVD or two of special features

Only problem is they're UK so I'd have to watch 'em on my computer. I really must get a region-free DVD player.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2007

the special features on it are fucking amazing

hours upon hours of awesome stuff

Knob on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Shit, I was wrong, it's all four movies, and one DVD of special features for each movie. Rad.

Man I got so many DVDs in England. Clerks X, The Shawshank Redemption Special Edition, Planet Earth/The Blue Planet boxed set...

Moriveth on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjp0I_okX0w

batman vs predators vs aliens vs joker

Someone posted this somewhere.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

Just watch the first half of it.

And I wish I could recommend the fourth, since Jean Pierre Jeunet('Amelie') directed it, but... ech.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TylerDurdenTylerDurden Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It looks pretty violent. I wonder what the rating will be here.

R = MA15+ in Australialand, i'll bet my left testii' on it.

TylerDurden on
    Because tonight is just like any other night. Thats why you're on your own tonight.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I thought the Aliens were a bio-weapon engineered by the Space Jockey race.

Shorty on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    AlienvsPredator.png

Slagmire on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Slagmire wrote: »
    AlienvsPredator.png

Fun game