As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game On Forum?

AuturgistAuturgist Registered User regular
In the G&T forum, there used to be a thread called "Game On Reference Desk" or something... anyway, it was a sticky thread, and linked to all the main Game On threads. It was really useful (to me, anyway) because the Game On threads I cared about were always moving off the front page since only a couple people were playing those games. Now that thread is gone, and I'm wondering why we don't just have a forum dedicated specifically to Game On threads. The benefits would be that nobody would have to put "Game On" in the thread title, and if the entire forum was nothing but Game On threads, people could just do a CTRL-F search for the name of the game and find it on the first or second page of the forum. It would be REALLY convenient to have all those threads in one forum, seperate from all the other G&T threads.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. I think it would be really convenient. There could even be sticky threads in the forum for listing PAer's Xbox Live gamertags and other online gaming service usernames.

Auturgist on

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    I was told the thread is one of some stickies that decided to disappear in a server burp. I haven't heard anything outside that. As for a forum section dedicated to it, I don't think it is entirely necessary. I could just as easily add XBox Live gamer tags to that thread (if it ever comes back), seeing as those don't change. Maybe that XFire thingy or whatever too.

Henroid on
  • AuturgistAuturgist Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Henroid wrote:
    I was told the thread is one of some stickies that decided to disappear in a server burp. I haven't heard anything outside that. As for a forum section dedicated to it, I don't think it is entirely necessary. I could just as easily add XBox Live gamer tags to that thread (if it ever comes back), seeing as those don't change. Maybe that XFire thingy or whatever too.

Ahhh... Well, I just figured a Game On forum wouldn't be very large... it might only be two or three pages in the index, because the ONLY threads in it would be Game On threads, one per game. How many games typically have a Game On thread dedicated to them at any given point in time? If you've got one for each FPS, RTS, MMO, and popular Xbox Live game, that's still only two or three pages, I'd imagine. Anyone looking for a Game On thread could EASILY find it, and it would clean up the index for the regular G&T topics as well.

You're right... it's not necessary, but I think it would be extremely convenient.

Auturgist on
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    There used to be a Game On Forum. It was grossly underused and axed some time ago.

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    yep, just didn't work cause.... nobody went there. but, i do recall alphamonkey promising xfire support last year....

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2005
    Alpha has many important things to do. Xfire support is not one of them.

Tube on
  • Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    How would we have xfire support for a forum? I do not understand this capability.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2005
    How would we have xfire support for a forum? I do not understand this capability.

Probably as a field to use in your profile, so it appears as an icon on your posts just like the IM icons.

Echo on