As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The PAX Enforcers SUCKED!

• OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You enforcers rock. I love you guys so much and I am friends with several of your ilk. I am excited to say I will be back at PAX next year and I would definitely love to be enforcing. I would be honored to wear the black.

Officer on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am thoroughly convinced of the awesomeness of the Enforcers. I definitely wish to take the black next year.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This was now my 2nd year Enforcing and I am still amazed at the amount of work everyone puts in to it.

Even with some of the flames that have appeared, I am proud to be part of such a great group of people and look forward to working with all of you again next year!

thejaxx on
  • DarthMarcDarthMarc Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    I feel I should say something here, as the enforcer who the the closest to physically being inbetween Uwe Boll and the Girl screaming obscenities.

First off, make no mistake. Uwe Boll knew exactly what he was walking into. He lives off events and publicity like this, and I echo the many previous statements: He has some effing stones to do that.

Now, about the girl. The idea that we were to just tackle her for saying what she did is absurd. We were, however, ready to take action if she approached the stage in the least.

So, heres the scene from the enforcer point of view:

The Postal trailer finishes, to an awkward silence. People at the mics start asking questions. Myself and my two compatriots at the left of the stage watch on, curious as to what will happen next. I notice a girl charging up the line. I tap my friend next to me, and we take a step toward the mic stand. She stops and grabs the mic, and we freeze. She unleashes her verbal tirade, and we step up a bit, preparing for the worst.

She then drops the mic, and starts to walk away. My heart unbinds a bit, but I'm still watching. Uwe Boll respends, and she runs back to the mic. Again, we exchange a glance, and begin walking towards her again. Before we get three steps in, she has dropped the mic again, and leaves for good.

I'm not saying we handled the situation expertly, but we were all caught a bit off guard by it, and we were ready to prevent any escalation. Like I said, she never made a move towards the stage, or seemed to pose a threat.

All that said, I'm honestly glad it didn't go any further, I would have been saddened to drag out someone I agreed with.

DarthMarc on
  • ParamnesiaParamnesia Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    DarthMarc wrote: »
    Now, about the girl. The idea that we were to just tackle her for saying what she did is absurd. We were, however, ready to take action if she approached the stage in the least.

[...] I'm not saying we handled the situation expertly, but we were all caught a bit off guard by it, and we were ready to prevent any escalation. Like I said, she never made a move towards the stage, or seemed to pose a threat.
    That took a lot of people by surprise. When something happens, one doesn't know how to react or always what to do.

I'm guessing (or hoping) that when most say someone should have tackled her they don't literally mean someone would have run out and done any pro quarterback proud. I think it's more of a wish, a daydream of people getting their just desserts but don't really want to see them physically hurt in that manner. But at the least, those who were offended wanted to see her get reprimanded somehow, to realize there are consequences for behavior like that, maybe stopped at the door and told to leave, have her name taken down, etc.

Paramnesia on
    "Right now I'm having amnesia and deja-vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

Awesome Artist and Awesomer Friend.
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would just like to say that the Enforcers for 2007 have exceeded all prior years. You could, very occassionally, get a glimpse of the "power mad curse" going on, but it was so little as to be imperceptible this year.

And I can't get over the ratio of Enforcer::attendee. There were so many of you guys! Very nice. It helps.

I saw PRD quite a few times... and of course BigRed (I was in BYOC)... and the dude who wears sunglasses and combat boots. All heroes in my book. You guys are definitely leaders and it shows.

Thanks to all of you.

DJBreslin on
  • petfishpetfish Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    petfish, you are the awesomest enforcer ever! thanks for the free ice mocha!

-that weird guy working at the Sweet Kitty booth.

You're welcome! Doing little things to make people totally happy was the best part of my weekend. I was going to deliver it myself, but I was on orders from Medical to stay off my ankle, and I saw an opportunity to make it magic!

I hope the rest of your weekend went smoothly!

(Sorry it took so long to get back, I've been working the job that pays my rent.) <3!

petfish on
    <khoo> PAX WAS LIKE A ZILLION DAYS
  • LintillaLintilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    All the enforcers I came in contact with were really helpful and nice. I actually had an enforcer hoist me up onto his shoulder so I could search for my lost group before the final round of the omegathon. I am pretty sure I thanked him before I ran off, but that sort of kindness deserved cookies or something.

Lintilla on
  • ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thank you so much enforcers! You guys made this PAX everything I hoped it could be.

Profs on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thank you all for your compliments and kind words. This was my first year as an Enforcer and I'll be happy to return next year. I don't think we would be so awesome without the attendees, though, because you all were fantastic. Trouble makers were rare, and I didn't encounter a single one. There were a few funny ones who tried to get into the exhibition hall after hours (I was the girl armed with a cardboard tube on Saturday night) but aside from my tube-wielding practice, you people ROCK.

Thank YOU for making my first PAX experience so positive, and thank you for encouraging me to come next year.

Also, I left a tee shirt by the exhibit hall that night when I was pulled away for Round 4 security duty. THANK YOU so much to whoever returned that shirt to the Info Booth. It was freshly bought from the PAX merch and I was SO happy to see that it was returned. You people are fantastic, and I can't wait to see you all next year.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Danny was a really cool enforcer.
    So was everyone.
    But I let Danny (Spam) stay in my hotel room for cheap the first two nights. And he left his laptop for us to use.

Really cool guy.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    I think Ezekiel Chaos should be given a medal for running the Halo 2 freeplay area. It was literally him and 15 other people that he had to constantly manage and shift and move and calm down.

FyreWulff on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    This thread is making me consider volunteering next year.

bombardier on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    bombardier wrote: »

I keep wanting to volunteer, but every year is more awesome then the last and I don't want to miss the show or the tourneys. Too bad we can't volunteer to help the day before and with cleanup after.

Shade on
  • 435435 [E] Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This was my third year in The Black, and hearing praise such as in this thread always makes sure I will be coming back.

I ran myself into the ground this year something fierce, to the point of our medical team grounding me in the staff lounge. Hearing that you all had a great time, though, makes the torn tendons, muscle strains and joint pain all worth it.

See you all next year.

435 on
    catsig.jpg
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bombadier wrote:
    This thread has convinced me to apply next-year.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • petfishpetfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    435 wrote: »
    I ran myself into the ground this year something fierce, to the point of our medical team grounding me in the staff lounge. Hearing that you all had a great time, though, makes the torn tendons, muscle strains and joint pain all worth it.

Please note that torn tendons, muscle strains and generally working yourself half to death are not in the job description. 435 is hardcore. (I sicced medical on him.)

There is always something to do, and it's really fun and worthwhile, especially if you live on praise like most of us do. I love it. :D

petfish on
    <khoo> PAX WAS LIKE A ZILLION DAYS
  • 435435 [E] Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    petfish wrote: »
    435 wrote: »

Please note that torn tendons, muscle strains and generally working yourself half to death are not in the job description. 435 is hardcore. (I sicced medical on him.)

T'is true. If not for petfish doing such, I would've continued at my pace and worked myself right into the hospital. All for you.

Such is my commitment and love for this con, and my desire to make sure all our guests... from the Sunday-only passers to exhibitors to Wil... have the best experience they can. :)

435 on
    catsig.jpg
  • SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Haha.. the title of this post freaked me out at first. Nice job.

I <3 the Enforcers.
    I gave some of them cookies, and they were nice.

Except for the one who told me to get in the Buy A Pass line the first day,
    and then later told me I should've gotten in the Will Call/VIP line,
    becuase my pass got mailed to Ireland.. but really, not upset about that.
    I made friends and played Tetris! Double !!

The dude in one of the Xbox console freeplay rooms was awesome!
    While my friends had to get re-checked and sorted out,
    we chatted about our love of the Nintendo DS,
    and my plans on being an Enforcer next year.

And kudos to the guy who had to break my heart by telling me
    that they couldn't find/had lost/someone had stolen HP for Wii.
    Not an easy task.

Although.. a word of advice..
    Don't go up to a very jumpy girl and say
    "GAME OVER!" really loud in her ear
    while she is killing zombies in the mall.
    I think I jumped about three feet.

YAY Enforcers!

SergeantAuberie on
  • Shades747Shades747 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This thread is awesome. It is exactly why we wear the black year after year. Watching everyone else having a great time and hearing all of your stories afterwords helps me remember it was worth it. I never work this hard for anyone else, but volunteering for PAX is something I look forward to every year. The blisters are badges of honor, the haunting radio chatter days that sticks in your head is just a subtle memory. I'm always amazed at how great all of our attendees and guests are. Thanks to everyone who appreciates the work that is put into PAX, and I hope to see every single one of you next year.

-- Gary / Shades747 8-)

Shades747 on
  • EarleyEarley juicyjones Seattle WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Who the hell would complain about awesome video game geeks volunteering time they'd rather spend ATTENDING the conference, doing what only a teenager could see as an easy job. Kudos to all the enforcers.

Earley on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Make a new thread for this crap, this thread isnt about moshing.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • sakanasakana Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Awww, BR is being a grumpypants. :P

sakana on
  • SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    BigRed wrote: »
    Make a new thread for this crap, this thread isnt about moshing.

Three cheers for BigRed.
    /gives him a cookie.

SergeantAuberie on
  • StormShadowStormShadow regular
    edited September 2007
    Actually the pax enforcers are all effing jerks. they think they are the coolest shit in the world and they are actually losers. ask them where they work and which beastly girl is theirs lawl.

StormShadow on
    edited September 2007
    I for one will not be attending pax next year, as the enforcers ruined most of it.

StormShadow on
    edited September 2007
    Actually the pax enforcers are all effing jerks. they think they are the coolest shit in the world and they are actually losers. ask them where they work and which beastly girl is theirs lawl.

How are we losers?
    I for one will not be attending pax next year, as the enforcers ruined most of it.

How did we ruin most of it?

BigRed on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Obvious Troll is obvious.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

EDIT: Its not the cool Storm Shadow, just the stupid troll Stormshadow.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2007

How are we losers?

I'd like to know the same thing. Did we check your badge wrong or something?

Liger on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Liger wrote: »
    Actually the pax enforcers are all effing jerks. They made fun of my small dick when I exposed myself in public to a small 9 year old boy.

How are we losers?
    I for one will not be attending pax next year, as the enforcers did an excellent job and I can't understand that I'm a douche for trying to imply otherwise. Also, I rape kittens.

I'd like to know the same thing. Did we check your badge wrong or something?

He's just jealous of your awesome integrity and work ethic. Seriously you guys rock! Thank you for giving your time that you could be spending attending the show to make the show possible!

Shade on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ...Ed Fleming?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited September 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    ...Ed Fleming?

You sir win the thread.

BigRed on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    I would have assumed Burkhalter was Ed Fleming if I didn't already know he was Borface

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited September 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    ...Ed Fleming?

EPIC. You are full of win.

Liger on
  • NorthNorth Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I herd Enforcers give hugs for caffeine.

North on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They gave you a hug? All I got was a handshake :(

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2007
    im actually not trolling. the enforcers made such a bad impression on me except for a few of them with their bad attitudes and carelessness that if it happened to you, you would feel the same way.

StormShadow on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I totally got hugs from enforcers... in fact, lots of them ^.^

Most enforcers I met were in the range of pleasant to effing awesome. I can't think of a single rude or inept enforcer across the whole weekend. I think they did a quite awesome job, especially for an all volunteer crew. These people all gave up their time at PAX to make yours better, that on it's own is worth some respect. In fact I was so impressed that I plan on applying to enforce next year. :)

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    im actually not trolling. the enforcers made such a bad impression on me except for a few of them with their bad attitudes and carelessness that if it happened to you, you would feel the same way.

Wow, you've really impressed us with your ability to site specific incidents to support your opinion.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
This discussion has been closed.