As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dual core BF2/BF2142 Fix!

SeraphimForTheLostSeraphimForTheLost Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
This thread pertains to those who are running an AMD 64 dual core processor.

Some of those who have been playing BF2/BF2142 at this weekends pax may have experienced the unrelenting suck that is being constantly disconnected from the servers for no apparent reason.

While I was revelling in my not-able-to-freaking-play-ocity I came across alot of interesting posts on both EA's forums, and the ASUS/nVidia/AMD forums regarding an ongoing problem with lazy EA programmers, and dual core memory management.

For those of you still infected with the not playing, who are running an AMD Athlon X2 dual core system, drop into the AMD site and grab the update to your processor drivers!

To my unrelenting joy my system managed to un-suck for Saturday night about 1am, and I proceeded to get my ass reamed for the rest of saturday's BYOC play, and most of Sunday until the bad man took my T-Bird away and I went home.

Below is the link to the drivers page on the AMD site, I hope this ends up being moderately helpful :D

- Seraphim
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2.16
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Cool'n'Quiet Driver Version 1.50.03 Linux

SeraphimForTheLost on

• 043043 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Will it boost performance in any other games? All I play on this thing is Halo PC, BF2 and Source engine stuff.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeraphimForTheLostSeraphimForTheLost Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    One of the things noted was that they addressed alot of programming geared towards single core processor sets to improve game performance.

SeraphimForTheLost on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    043 wrote: »
    All I play on this thing is Halo PC

D:

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I heartily endorse this thread.

Even though it was about a year ago when I found this little fix, I was getting pissed at BF2 constantly crashing on my lovely new PC. Once I ran that little fix though I've never had a problem since. I don't know how much it's effecting other games, but I've never had any hardware problems running any game.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Darmak wrote: »
    043 wrote: »
    All I play on this thing is Halo PC

D:

I hate you Darmak.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png