As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Got the tetris tattoo! thanks h/a!

HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Since i love this thread to death I figured you guys can help me help me with this issue.

I want a tetris piece tattoo. I thought of my ankle were a L shape can kinda wedge under the ankle bone. My ideal tattoo would be placed or wedged to look like it landed there properly.

I don't know any better way to describe it, but hopefully someone can clarify what i am trying to say.

But what i am trying to ask is, where on my body can this be done?

HolyHesus on

• Options
    Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You can get tatoos anywhere if thats what you're asking.

If you're asking for a good place to do it, I've always liked the sides of the stomach (like under your rib cage).

I can't think of any place immediatly that would make it look like the piece landed there, unless you got some sort of ground drawn in. Looking in the mirror the only place I can think of is the crease of the elbow, and thats a wierd place for a tatoo.

Chop Logic on
  • Options
    IthilIthil Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    You can put the triangle one upside down at the edge of your butt crack… that would be really funny….

Ithil on
  • Options
    PeekingDuckPeekingDuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I thought the title said, "I want a terrorist tattoo."

I was going to suggest against it. Just make sure to get it somewhere you can hide it if you plan on doing the corporate thing.

Ankle is kind of gay to me - I don't know why. You could get a couple of pieces done on your back. Probably the easiest way to do it.

PeekingDuck on
  • Options
    aesiraesir __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Draw it on yourself with a pen. Take a picture of it. Put the picture in an envelope and open it 6 months to a year later. If you still want that tattoo, then get it.

aesir on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ithil wrote: »
    You can put the triangle one upside down at the edge of your butt crack… that would be really funny….

haha that made me "lol" the mental image... that would look awesome during sex..

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I thought the title said, "I want a terrorist tattoo."

I was going to suggest against it. Just make sure to get it somewhere you can hide it if you plan on doing the corporate thing.

Ankle is kind of gay to me - I don't know why. You could get a couple of pieces done on your back. Probably the easiest way to do it.

I am girl, I dunno if that still considers it gay since it is a feminine place to put it. but generally i am not a foot person.

I realllly like the ideas of drawing it on myself and putting it in an envelope. hmm. I was just hoping someone would think of a place i didn't think of. The ass crack one did come up though..

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If there is a certain spot on your torso area your pants like to sit, perhaps make it seem like that is the "bottom" of the game.
    I suggest more than one piece for the best effect.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    inertinert Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    hmm... if you only want one piece then you have a lot of options... shoulderblade, back of the neck, ankle, wrist, arm, belly-button area... pretty much anywhere. honestly i think the coolest place for a girl tattoo is on the waistline just to the right or left of center almost over the hip bone.

i would suggest multiple pieces to get the full effect of it, unless you're dead set on just one piece... or maybe take the pieces and spell out something like "stacked" or something clever... i dunno haha, you could have some fun with it. i would highly suggest going to a professional parlor and consulting an artist. 99% of the time they'll have an idea to play with and present to you.

inert on
    Hell hath no limits, nor is restricted itself to one place; for where we are is Hell, And where Hell is, there must we ever be. ~ Marlowe
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Between your shoulders with some lines/shading suggesting "falling" might work too; like it's in motion. If you can't get it to "stack" anywhere.

edit: Maybe one on your lowerback/ass area, then another higher up, in motion.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'd definately recommend getting the "s" shape or the "t" if you're only getting one piece. If you have to explain why a tatoo (or anything else in fact) is cool, then it isnt cool and those are the only two shapes which will immediately say "Tetris" to the casual observer.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    PeekingDuckPeekingDuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Didn't know you were female. Ankle seems popular on girls, though I don't know if it is the best place for this type of tattoo.

PeekingDuck on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The straight piece falling into the gap left by your big toe and your, um, pointer toe?

Improvolone on
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i'm getting a tetris tattoo too. Thank for the cool idea! ;-)

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The straight piece falling into the gap left by your big toe and your, um, pointer toe?

There's a lot of places on the body that the straight piece could appear to be falling in to. I'm not gonna suggest them though...

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    If there is a certain spot on your torso area your pants like to sit, perhaps make it seem like that is the "bottom" of the game.

I really like that idea. And maybe on my right side or left. I am not too big on the slut stamp area. But I am consulting the tattoo artist tomorrow and throwing that idea out.

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    NarketNarket __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    HolyHesus wrote: »

I really like that idea. And maybe on my right side or left. I am not too big on the slut stamp area. But I am consulting the tattoo artist tomorrow and throwing that idea out.

yeah, don't get a tramp stamp. they're horrible. let us know what idea's the artist has.

Narket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    the artist that my boyfriend and myself spoke too (he is planning on getting a tri force), said that the waist line was a lot better idea than the ankle one. He suggested on my left would be a good position. I am gonna do the L block and an S block. the L block on its side on the bottom of the waist like and an s block dropping. I should be getting it done next week and ill put up a pic.

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    LifeVirusZEROLifeVirusZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Your boyfriend should definitely get the triforce tattoo on the back of his hand.

LifeVirusZERO on
    6ltl5i0ap7.png
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Your boyfriend should definitely get the triforce tattoo on the back of his hand.
    Not necessarily a great idea, unless he plans to always be employed somewhere that is totally cool with visible tattoos like that.

Murphy on
  • Options
    LifeVirusZEROLifeVirusZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Murphy wrote: »
    Not necessarily a great idea, unless he plans to always be employed somewhere that is totally cool with visible tattoos like that.

I guess that only leaves one job open to him... Professional Adventurer.

Yeah, I said it.

LifeVirusZERO on
    6ltl5i0ap7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Murphy wrote: »

I guess that only leaves one job open to him... Professional Adventurer.

Yeah, I said it.

he laughed and said "that is a great idea". and "i want to be an archaeologist, i can be like Indiana Jones."

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Narket wrote: »

yeah, don't get a tramp stamp. they're horrible. let us know what idea's the artist has.
    That's not a cool thing to call tattoos on the small on the back. Not cool at all.
    :wags finger:

As for the OP
    's tattoo, I really think it would look best if the waiting pieces made a gap that the falling piece would fit perfectly into.

Improvolone on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Narket wrote: »

That's not a cool thing to call tattoos on the small on the back. Not cool at all.
    :wags finger:

As for the OP
    's tattoo, I really think it would look best if the waiting pieces made a gap that the falling piece would fit perfectly into.
    But that's what they're called!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I reserve that term for particularly ugly, tribal tats on the lower back or totally overdone ones like butterflies.

Medopine on
  • Options
    The SaviorThe Savior Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've only ever heard them called tramp stamps or ass antlers.
    /me shrugs

The Savior on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for all your help! Got what was suggested!
    4viqczr.jpg

and my bf got his
    63uv0ue.jpg

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for all your help! Got what was suggested!
    4viqczr.jpg

That's kinda...hot.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Chop Logic wrote: »
    I can't think of any place immediatly that would make it look like the piece landed there, unless you got some sort of ground drawn in. Looking in the mirror the only place I can think of is the crease of the elbow, and thats a wierd place for a tatoo.

In the crease or around it? My brother has a tattoo just above the crease on each forearm, one says "Pura" and the other says "Vida."

I personally think he's a retard regardless =P

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They did good job on the shading; looks cool.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thats an awesome tattoo

Xaquin on
  • Options
    katzchenfischkatzchenfisch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That is very very awesome. Definite thumbs up here, I had no idea that it would end up looking so good! I expected it to be much more flat - the shading makes it look great.

katzchenfisch on
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nice tats on the both of you, i love 'em.

And to a few of the above posters, "Tramp Stamp" is a term that encompasses all tattoos. Its original meaning was tramp as in hobo, not as in slut.

And you'd be surprised how many jobs one can still get with hand tattoos. That wouldn't have been that bad of an idea. :)

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Thanks everyone! it was done in Diamond Tattoo in Renton for all you Washingtonians. The artist is Jiboand charges pretty nicely if he likes you.

HolyHesus on