Options

[Phalla] Through The Greatwood - Finale: A Hero's Return (Good Guys Win!)

• Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor, you know me. I'm more than happy to go with plan. But there are lots of people who don't like the idea of a tie, so I'm just saying lets not draw lines in the sand based on that.

I don't want it to devolve into a church/aristocracy thing along lines of thought. That didn't work out so well.

As far as the investigation, this would be my plan:

1. Ascertain whether or not there is a mason group for the village. By doing so at least the village would know there is a network (however limited) working on their behalf.

2. Find out the bad guys mechanics. How many kills do they get? Can they change a seeing result? Etc.

4. Profit!

I'm not sure how to do steps 1 and 2. But those seem like the pieces of information the village needs to know the most. People are connected and working on their behalf, and get as much info on the baddies as possible. I would need help from you guys devising questions to get at this information.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Jester313 wrote: »
    Ok. After looking through all this, I !retract Xevo for execution just in case he is our seer. But man, what the hell. What. The. Hell.

I keep my vote on Squashua for investigator.

Since I really dislike him for the Revolution Phalla, I'm going to grudge !vote precisionk.

Don't be mad because I controlled your soul as God-Emperor.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    You pissed that Phalla down your leg. I blame you and you alone for the village loss.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    !Vote...Xevo for execution. Sorry dude. Just random voting.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    For your benefit PK:

We voted for Dethkook because he was only posting in Haiku.

Xevo came out and people thought he was kind of a dick, so a serious bandwagon started on him. Once it picked up a lot of steam, he claimed to be a seer.

Visiblehowl has claimed to be a bad guy, suggesting the bad guys did not know each other at the beginning or that maybe he can't die tonight or something.

I'm trying to get people to agree with moving towards a tie vote so we can better analyze the voting records for today to use in the future, I think we should keep Xevo alive a few days to see what he comes up with, if anything, since voting our a seer on day 1 blows our chances of winning a bit.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So lets tie Dethkok and TheWook.

He's not here to defend himself. If we do it quick he won't even notice.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    zalzal Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I say we should take Ardor's plan a step further and kill 3 people at once: include VH in the tie vote, would that be drastic enough for you? :P

zal on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

That's what she said.

Elendil on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    actually the worst case scenario is we hit one or two good specials. I dont like vote tying, especially on day 1 because it's basically just random at that point.

This is the most serious I've ever seen Ardor on a day 1.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Screw it. Lets just give everyone in the game one vote and see what happens.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    For your benefit PK:

We voted for Dethkook because he was only posting in Haiku.

Xevo came out and people thought he was kind of a dick, so a serious bandwagon started on him. Once it picked up a lot of steam, he claimed to be a seer.

Visiblehowl has claimed to be a bad guy, suggesting the bad guys did not know each other at the beginning or that maybe he can't die tonight or something.

I'm trying to get people to agree with moving towards a tie vote so we can better analyze the voting records for today to use in the future, I think we should keep Xevo alive a few days to see what he comes up with, if anything, since voting our a seer on day 1 blows our chances of winning a bit.

I wish nothing but Louie Anderson love on you Ardor.

Also to Jester313, you did NOTHING to help out besides be a lame ass pink flamingo in some gay frenchman's garden. I tried my best, ruled with an iron fist as well and pretty much attempted to win Phalla bymself, only to be shamed and hated by the people I tried to protect.

Perhaps it hasn't dawned on many, but I figured I wouldn't run until at least day 2 for investigator, since I just got bandwagoned on day 1 hard in D&D despite being innocent. I know it may seem impossible, but I DO like to play past day 1 in Phalla's.

precisionk on
  • Options
    NionNion Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, I'm going to !retract Xevo and !vote precisionk (I read the french phalla, and the whole GOD-EMPEROR deal got annoying) and then go to bed. Living in europe kinda sucks for this stuff, with the narration time being in the middle of the night. :\

Nion on
  • Options
    XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Going with ardor's suggestion, I !retract Dethkok and !vote TheWook

Random or you're too lazy to read the thread and are just going bandwagon against a special?

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I was a gorram seer! If that counts me as a pink flamingo then so be it. We had a network set up. We tried to have open talks with the church and you shut us out. Every move you made in that game was completely wrong and laid the groundwork for our destruction.

Ass.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Goddammit I hate our specials. You could have just waited a day to seer somebody to use as your spokesman.

Think before making reveals

Plutonium on
  • Options
    DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Not sure what to do at this point. I'll check back in a few hours and hope a better plan has appeared.

!Retract Xevo for now.

DamnedLibrarian on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    actually the worst case scenario is we hit one or two good specials. I dont like vote tying, especially on day 1 because it's basically just random at that point.

This is the most serious I've ever seen Ardor on a day 1.

You know, I typically don't like to invest myself much into a game on day 1 because then I get disappointed when someone stabs me in the back night 1.

However, past games have shown that in games such as this, where we don't know jack shit, have given the bad guys much better odds of winning the game compared to past games where bad guys have always been the underdogs.

With a seer coming out along with a bad guy, we should really take a look at what we can do to make this work to our advantage. I'm just suggesting something because in SS13 we took advantage of one person bandwagons to hide our numbers and mis-information to significantly increase our chances of winning as bad guys.

Hell, PK came out and told everyone he was a bad guy and he still lived until the end.

Let's work on getting some information out of tonight other than finding out we killed some innocent and the voting records don't really show anything.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Xevo wrote: »
    Going with ardor's suggestion, I !retract Dethkok and !vote TheWook

Random or you're too lazy to read the thread and are just going bandwagon against a special?
    A bit of both.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I was a gorram seer! If that counts me as a pink flamingo then so be it. We had a network set up. We tried to have open talks with the church and you shut us out. Every move you made in that game was completely wrong and laid the groundwork for our destruction.

Ass.

You laid the groundwork for failing. Despite being a proclaimed innocent, people still wanted my blood. If you guys truly wanted to work with us, you would have divulged more information then "WE KNOW GUARDIANS AND SEERS, YET TELL YOU NOTHING".

Anyways, the past is past.

Man, a lot people have grudges against me. Perhaps it is because I am vocal or perhaps people just fear the unknown. Despite that, I noticed the bandwagon has already started to roll on me, will it be two phallas in a row I die on day one despite being innocent? Stay tuned!

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    This is just like when the Goltana seer went out and got himself killed by revealing himself night one. Jesus Christ don't make public reveals if you're a special. It's not as smart as you might think.

From experience, evil dudes LOVE public reveals that don't directly implicate one of them.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    I'm Sparticus!

No! I'm Sparticus!

Locus put a fair amount of time into setting this game up for us. Could you take this to pms please?

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Ass.

You laid the groundwork for failing. Despite being a proclaimed innocent, people still wanted my blood. If you guys truly wanted to work with us, you would have divulged more information then "WE KNOW GUARDIANS AND SEERS, YET TELL YOU NOTHING".

Anyways, the past is past.

Man, a lot people have grudges against me. Perhaps it is because I am vocal or perhaps people just fear the unknown. Despite that, I noticed the bandwagon has already started to roll on me, will it be two phallas in a row I die on day one despite being innocent? Stay tuned!

Welcome to my life for the past month.

People started killing me night one when the GM's realized that if I were playing, I would die night one, so I always would get the vanilla roles.

Good thing people have short memories.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    This is just like when the Goltana seer went out and got himself killed by revealing himself night one. Jesus Christ don't make public reveals if you're a special. It's not as smart as you might think.

Couldn't be limed harder.

precisionk on
  • Options
    XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Plutonium wrote:
    Goddammit I hate our specials. You could have just waited a day to seer somebody to use as your spokesman.

Think before making reveals

Yes letting an overwhelming bandwagon kill me night one before I can even help the good guys with my ability totally makes sense... :roll:

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    I'm Sparticus!

No! I'm Sparticus!

Locus put a fair amount of time into setting this game up for us. Could you take this to pms please?

I will take you to PM's.

Get ready for sexy chat.

precisionk on
  • Options
    zalzal Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wouldn't the fact that you've already announced to everyone that you wanted a "meaningful" voting record for tonight have the effect of tainting it? No bad guys in their right mind would cast their votes in a questionable manner this way, not even to save one of their own.

zal on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm not going to go back and read it, so tell me.

Why the hell are you attracting bandwagons and attention if you're the seer???

Don't tell me it was just bad luck and totally random.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ardor, I want you to have my ebabies.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This is a !vote post. It is for Grundlterror.

I suppose it is also for cheez.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    zal wrote: »
    Wouldn't the fact that you've already announced to everyone that you wanted a "meaningful" voting record for tonight have the effect of tainting it? No bad guys in their right mind would cast their votes in a questionable manner this way, not even to save one of their own.

Not at all. the more this gets out there, the more people realize that nothing in pms should sway them otherwise.

Let me give you a few examples.

Let's say I was evil tonight and I was watching them bandwagon my bad guy buddy ElJeffe.

I might pm a single person that ElJeffe and I are stonecutters and I'd ask him to change his vote.

Now, when I kill this guy and ElJeffe lives, they will assume that the guy who died and broke the tie was just a retard and the voting records may be used to find people, but ElJeffe is probably not suspicious to the point of needing to die that night.

The bottom line I think is easier to look at is this.

Is it easier to use voting records in which case?

1) One primary bandwagon and a bunch of scattered votes
    2) Two bandwagons while aiming for a tie plus some scattered votes

I think 2 makes it easier to find bad guys with voting records, plus we have double the chances of finding a bad guy if the tied vote kills both OR someone comes out to save their pal. It's day 1. If a bad guy wants to save his buddy tonight, cool. We know 2 bad guys then.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Alright Ardor. I'm on-board with your plan.

I !retract PrecisionK even though he is a piece of crap.

I !vote TheWook to get closer to a tie! Go go tie plan!

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ok I have read most of the shit that has happened.

First of all, what is with the bandwagon on Dethkok? Bandwagoning him because of a haiku? For shame people, for shame.

Second Xevo comes out claiming he is the seer. Man what? First of all you are pretty much dead whether the vote kills you or not due to bad guys not wanting to take a chance if you are telling the truth.

Thirdly, Visiblehowl blatantly comes out as a bad guy, yet everyone is voting for the first two. Is this retardo Phalla? Unless VH has some sort of special for being a bad guy that requires him to die, he should be killed on principle for claiming to be a bad guy.

Come on people, use your heads.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    For the record, I don't believe that this guy is our seer - It's just probability.

I think he's just some bad guy on his first game who caught part of a joke bandwagon on night one and panicked.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Feel free to come forward if you think I'm sniffing glue and this plan sucks. I just think having 2 targets instead of 1 makes vote records more useful in the longer run, that's it. There's an incredibly small chance we get a tie vote that will actually kill two people, but the records should help either way.

So we should catch the wook up in votes and grab someone else who isn't Xevo with votes and use those two as our targets tonight?

Ardor on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I dissent

the wook on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    AH HA HA HA HA HA!

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    !Retract Xevo
    !Vote Visible Howl

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    He's trying to cockblock the village! Get him!

rabble rabble rabble

Actually, I agree with Plutonium. This is way crazy behavior for a seer, newbie or not. However, I also think that Ardor is right; a tie, or something close enough where we could change our minds if we need to near the end, is a decent plan.

Anyone got a vote count?

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    He's trying to cockblock the village! Get him!

rabble rabble rabble

Actually, I agree with Plutonium. This is way crazy behavior for a seer, newbie or not. However, I also think that Ardor is right; a tie, or something close enough where we could change our minds if we need to near the end, is a decent plan.

Anyone got a vote count?

I have to get going soon, but breaking the tie is not what we want Hakk. Nobody has information about someone else, enough to break the tie without asking to be killed the next day.

If the two targets we pick out have something to say, now is the time to do it. Otherwise, anyone changing their votes at the last minute is either a retarded villager or a bad guy. No PM information should change this at all from anybody. Plus, we have no idea what happens in the event of a tie, we may as well use day 1 to find out.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Clarification Request: What happens in the event of a tie?

Jester313 on