Options

[Phalla] Through The Greatwood - Finale: A Hero's Return (Good Guys Win!)

• Options
    PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have compiled a list of people I find suspicious currently. They are, in no particular order:
    Raakam : I find your role post to be really really similar in flavor to Dethkok's( ie. A trickster, cheating innocent people). Also, while vote counts are nice, you don't seem to have a whole lot of suspicions until someone else comes forward with them. Neither of these is incriminating, just posting feelings.
    Telcus: No real reason, just a gut feeling. And therefore, wrong, almost assuredly.
    Frosteey: He's started, or tried to start, an awful lot of bandwagons, with seemingly zero logic behind them.
    Gorilla Salad : The very definition of laying low.
    That's all I got. Comments, further insight, call me stupid?

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The killing began in the morning.

The body of Fembot was found in the dead center of camp when the soldiers woke up in the morning. He was spread-eagle on the ground, and his head, which had been completely severed off with what must have been a serrated knife of some kind, was now on backwards. His hands and feet had also been cut off and were placed in a cavity that had been carved out of his back, and from them his toes and fingers were also cut off. These had been arranged on the ground to form a simple yet effective message: “DIE”. This was just after sunrise, at about eight o’clock.

Two hours later, MrBallbaggins met his end at the hands of the spies. The group was traversing down a rather steep hill, which was made even more difficult by the snow that had freshly fallen the night before. The nature of the climb forced the travellers to go single file down the slope as Sir Furic led the way. About halfway down the hill some of the men further towards the top of the hill yelled, “Look out!” Several others turned around, and as they did they witnessed the body of MrBallbaggins go tumbling past them, his head flopping around as his throat had been sliced almost from ear to ear. When they reached the bottom of the hill every man was questioned as to his exact position in line, but no one could seem to remember who exactly they were in front of, and everyone claimed that the body nearly hit them on the way down.

At around noontime, Plutonium became the next, and what at first appeared to be the last, victim in the killing spree. No one saw his death. To most, it seemed as if he had killed by magic, or by the hand of some god, rather than by a human spy. One moment, he was alive. The next, his throat had been opened up and blood poured out from it like from the mouth of a river. He grabbed his throat to try and stop the bleeding, and several of the soldiers around him searched for a cloth or anything to stem the flow of blood, but without a surgeon there was not even the slimmest hope that he would survive such a wound. He died shortly thereafter, writhing in pain on the ground.

After the death of Plutonium, nothing of note happened for quite some time, and the soldiers in the party believed that, for at least the day, the killing had finally stopped. Unbeknownst to them, the killing was actually just going to become more bizarre. The group had stopped for a rest and Hakkekage had taken a moment to mourn the death of the monk Fembot, when she noticed DamnedLibrarian walking off deeper into the woods by himself. Fearing that he might become yet another victim, she got up and followed after him, but when she eventually caught up to him she came upon a disturbing sight.

In his hands, DamnedLibrarian held a handful of the notorious green paste which had caused both Grundlterror and cheez to go mad. Hakkekage watched in horror as DamnedLibrarian took a small glob and smeared it over both of his eyes. As he did so he threw his head back, breathed deeply and then let out an ecstatic sigh. At that point Hakkekage must have gasped or shifted slightly, because DamnedLibrarian turned towards her and began running in her direction. She did not even have time to react before he lept on her and smashed the remainder of his paste directly into her eyes. Upon contact with the paste Hakkekage immediately began to hallucinate, as the trees melted around her and were replaced with what could only be described as reverse waterfalls. She looked up and the clouds in the sky parted to reveal a bright red sun that bathed everything in it’s blood-like light. And there, standing amidst it all, was DamnedLibrarian with a smug smile on his face.

Hakkekage, bathed in the light of the red sun and filled with a rage she could never have comprehended in a lucid state, charged at DamnedLibrarian and knocked the stunned convert to the ground. She began to tear at his eyes with her nails, and when he was finally able to grab her wrists and stop her assault, she lowered her head and bit a chunk out of her assailant’s neck. DamnedLibrarian responded by letting go of her wrists and quickly smashing both of his hands against her ears. Hakkekage, however, was lost in a haze, and undaunted by being boxed in the ears she continued to rip at the face of DamnedLibrarian. The latter was almost resigned to his fate when Hakkekage suddenly stopped her attack and slumped onto him, dead. He looked up and saw a dagger protruding from the back of her head. DamnedLibrarian tried to look around to see who had saved him, but soon he found a dagger buried between his eyes. It was shortly after they both died that they were discovered by everyone else.

Whereas the last time so many soldiers had died in one day the mood was somber, now the soldiers were completely terrified. Five soldiers had died in the course of a few hours, and though one of them was a convert, the others were good men. Those who had survived thus far felt as if any one of them could be next, even if they were surrounded by those they thought they could trust. Even Sir Furic seemed mildly shaken, though when the time came to bring forth suspects, he took charge and tried to calm everyone by providing strong leadership.

“Today, we will do this quickly,” he said. “You have submitted one name to me for execution, FreeAgent. I submit two more names: Nion and iamtheaznman. Bring these three forward.” The three of them were brought forward by those who were not accused, and as had become custom, they were forced to their knees in front of Furic, who had his sword at the ready. “So many deaths today, I hesitate to add any more to the death toll. Justice must be served, though. Vegeance, paid. I have been advised that you three are likely spies. Thus, all three of you shall die.” All three soldiers bowed their heads and waited for the inevitable. In three quick strokes all of them fell to the floor dead. All of them were soldiers loyal to the cause of the Gray Wolf.

The gathering ended without anyone saying a word, as no one dared speak up lest another innocent die. But the killing was not yet done for the day. Two soldiers had been conspicuously absent that evening: Variable and Oatway. When the men dispersed they fanned out to try and find them, and it was Zerinan who found the two of them together several hours into the search. They were both naked, with their groins thrust into a couple of holes in a pine tree. The long time they had spent without companionship had gotten to the both of them, and they had frozen to death trying to satisfy themselves.

DamnedLibrarian - Devout Convert of the Cult of Transcendent Truth - Stabbed

Fembot - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Beheaded
    FreeAgent - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Furic'd
    Hakkekage - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Overdosed and stabbed
    iamtheaznman - Loyal Mercenary of the House of the Iron Gate - Furic'd
    MrBallbaggins - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Throat slit
    Nion - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Furic'd
    Oatway - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Frozen (inactivity)
    Plutonium - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Throat slit
    Variable - Loyal Mercenary of the House of the Iron Gate - Frozen (inactivity)

Raakam continues as your investigator!

Locus on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Best...inactive deaths...EVER

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh god! Why did I have to see that?

Edit: Hasn't the most recent kick been "Inactives must be evil!"? So therefor there has to be some other reason as to why you think I'm evil. I know why I think I'm evil, but I'm curious, what tipped the scale for you, Frosteey?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    HOLY SHIT!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fuck me with a rake.

We aren't very good at this, are we?

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    sorry for lack of participation. no excuses, just an apology.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Shit I'm dumb.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Wow Thorpe. Way to be confusing and inflate your post count at the same time! HI5!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »
    Oh god! Why did I have to see that?

Edit: Hasn't the most recent kick been "Inactives must be evil!"? So therefor there has to be some other reason as to why you think I'm evil. I know why I think I'm evil, but I'm curious, what tipped the scale for you, Frosteey?

I was never in on that kick. For the record, I was never in on the Ardor's list kick either.

To the cucumber-I've never attempted to start a bandwagon, I've just not participated in the ones that have generally emerged. I'm fairly certain that I'm on record as saying that the Anaximander vote was three separate shades of retarded. If not, then I was certainly thinking it. I wanted to completely distance myself from the Ardor shenanigans. TehSpectre...well, I make it a personal goal every game to not defend TehSpectre.

More importantly-reasons for my listed suspicions: I'll get back to you.

Edit-Damn...alluded to records twice.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    A promise is a promise. Will you ever forgive me Hakkekage for thinking you were so evil?
    JeffFrown.jpg

I'M SO SORRY HAKKEKAGE!

Please forgive me!

This post was allowed thanks to the almighty Locus.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ah, gotcha Frosteey. Just looked like there were some attempted bandwagons there. That's all I was saying.

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Question was:

What happens in case of a tie?

Answer was:

In the event of a tie for execution, everyone tied for the lead is executed.

In the event of a tie for investigator, there will be a run-off immediately following the narration.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Raakam wrote: »
    Question was:

What happens in case of a tie?

Answer was:

In the event of a tie for execution, everyone tied for the lead is executed.

In the event of a tie for investigator, there will be a run-off immediately following the narration.

Still haven't seen a question I'm fond of...

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Sorry, but that question doesn't seem like something that is really important at this point. Yea, it helps, but isn't there something else? Not that I know any, but still.

Edit: I'm beginning to think that I'm wasting my time refreshing the forum every single minute, or much quicker. You slow posting people!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, kinda a subpar question, and I believe someone had said they already asked that, and that the results were RNG'd.

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I asked for input on what question to send, no suggestions whatsoever. I asked 2 questions, and that's the one he answered. The other being "how many players remain disloyal to the gray wolf?".

I asked his because I wanted to have a better understanding on how 8 players could drop dead in one night.

Anyhow, I'm busy for a big chunk of the day tomorrow. I'm going with !Vote Thorpe and !Vote Robothero. Thorpe is one of the two remaining guys that voted for Zot early on. Again, if someone makes a good enough case for any other player, fine. I'm starting to feel good about defending PK though, Damned tried to gank him and PK lead the vote on Librarian and nailed it. Either they are both bad guys trying to keep PK into the late game, or PK is a villager.

EDIT: Nobody asked that as an investigator. Someone tried asking that as a rule clarification question, and Locus denied. Someone suggested it would be Random, but the OP clearly states nothing is random in this game, except for the role distribution.

Raakam on
    My padherder
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Actually Raakam, I believe both the number and the tie thing have been asked, some where. And that responce wasn't the same as the one that was given earlier. Both are wastes of questions and a waste of your power. I hate to say it, but I think you are one evil ... hmm... I'm trying to to think of a good thing to call you... one evil... badguy. So let's let Raakam die tonight.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm gonna regret this, but Zerinan, I agree. !Vote Raakam
    I should really learn not to agree with crazy people.

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    But you won't learn to not agree with the crazies... because you are one of them!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Here is every question that's been asked of Locus, with links provided:

With regards to a tie:

Initial inquiry
    Actual clarification request with answer

First question asked:

Here you go.

Another clarification question, denied right here.

Question 2 asked:

Here

Question 3 asked:

Here

And then the 2 questions I got last night, located here.

So, there was some confusion as to how many bad players were left earlier on. Some folks thought 6, some others thought 5 after Bliss died. After Damned died tonight, it would make 4, or 5, depending on what people thought. I wanted clarification, but I'm pretty sure it's 4. Still, confirmation would've been nice.

10 people dying in one night is huge. 8 really, if we don't count the inactives. I thought it would be pretty important to know what happened in the event of a tie, since I wanted to be sure that that's the mechanism that lead to this clusterfuck - the fact that all people tied for execution die explains the huge number of slain tonight. I asked for input on what question should be sent, NOBODY offered any advice.

This is good news, though, Zerinan. You're protecting Thorpe and you've painted yourself with a nice, big ol' target. Good, about time one of you fucked up. Even if I die tonight, at least people know where to look now.

Raakam on
    My padherder
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Raakam, there's no time limit on the question, except for the next narration.

Oh, and I WAS mistaken about the question, I believe it was BL who said that it had been stated the tie was RNG'd.

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »
    But you won't learn to not agree with the crazies... because you are one of them!

I'm not crazy! I never asked to have a talking lizard live in my ear, god put him there!

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Us Mint Villagers never screw up! But I love how you think I'm evil, I just think that is so freakin' awesome. Problem is there is a tiny difference between defending someone and attacking someone else. I just think you are evil, although I was wrong and because of that the voice in my head has been singing ... well I'm not sure what the song is, because it doesn't even quite sound human at this point, but he won't shut up because I wasn't right. QUICK! I must be right about something! If a target that has more behind it than me just feeling off, and actually makes sense, then I will change it up, but I'm gonna keep my vote for now.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ooOOOOOooOOOO
    To Locus: Greatest narration ever.

To the good guys: Good luck.

To the bad guys: Screw you.

To the neutrals: How's it going?
    ooOOOooOOOOooOO

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2007
    !vote robothero

!vote zerinan

Unknown User on
  • Options
    zalzal Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sorry guys, I usually have some guesses by this point of the game, it's just hard without a good pool of bad guys voting to try to figure out a pattern. At least this wasn't as confusing as the French Revolution :P

I always keep a healthy dose of suspicion for mid-game replacements, but is there a reason why Rakkam is the target for tonight's execution?

zal on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm not seeing any reason other than his question which is an asinine reason considering how poorly every bandwagon with no real reasoning has ended lately.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Mainly because of his wasted question, and he has yet to actually accuse someone who is evil. Also, just about everyone that this guy has stated being suspicious about has died shortly thereafter. Also, he kills puppies.

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh my, I have slumbered dreadfully late this morning. I found that I didn't quite fall asleep because of an awful racket outside. However, we shall have a tea party today!

To my tea party, I shall invite Precisionk, Rakaam, Robtothero, and Balfuego. Please don't be late, the scones will get cold.

You know, I was reviewing things today. And even after Xevo outed himself as seer, Gorilla Salad made a vote for him and called it "Random Voting."

He did retract it later, but the timing of it has me suspect.

!Vote Gorilla Salad

I still suspect PK. I also supect Zerinan mostly because his one contribution to this whole thread was starting a bandwagon on Rakaam.

I'll probably switch my vote to him later.

And, I so tire of this pony. Is there any way I can exchange it for a Unicorn?

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I can explain that. I think that was the day where I came home and just voted for the first red name I saw.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2007
    I am confident that Zerinan is evil. If he is not, feel free to slay me.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, I'll come to your tea party. I won't have time to recheck this thread until around 10ish EST, so I'll follow my own call and

!retract thorpe even though I'm sure he's evil, and go !vote zerinan.

Raakam on
    My padherder
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    robothero wrote: »

That's all the convincing I need!

Retract Senior Fish!

Vote Zeranin

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I can understand why people might assume I'm evil, since I tend to act in a dumb manner that could be misinterpreted as "shadiness" but I swear by the House of the Grey Wolf, killing me is a waste of votes. I'm nothing more than a simple stone-mason, as my role PM makes clear:
    locus wrote:
    You are…

A stonemason! You always viewed the cutting of stones into various shapes as an art more than a skill, though there are few others that share your belief. You craved to use your abilities to create sculptures and works of visual wonders that would delight all that laid eyes upon them. Alas, most people hired you simply to build their walls or their castles, of which there seemed to be a never-ending demand for, even in times of peace. You were hired by the army to help reinforce several forts that had fallen into disrepair during peacetime, but when it became clear that the war would not be fought in these forts, you were sent back home. But you still desired to serve, and when you came back home you immediately headed for the Frostlands where you offered your services to the army. They took you on right away and immediately sent you to the front lines, where you learned the art of combat on the fly. The Massacre of the Greatwood was actually only your second battle ever. You were lucky to have survived, and hopefully your luck will continue.

Note: This is not a special role. You are actually a stonemason. You cut stones. You build walls. That’s it.

In summary: please to not be butchering me, Rakaam.

edit:

!Vote Zeranin

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    robothero wrote: »

That's all the convincing I need!

Retract Gorilla Salad!

Vote Zeranin
    Fixed my name for ya.

So, we're confident that Zerinan is a bad guy? I don't want to kill another innocent. We're getting low on numbers.

!Zerinan

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, sooner or later one of these has to hit a bad guy. !vote Zerinan

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    zalzal Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man...all the spreadsheet makers are dead and I'm too lazy to sort through the thread. What to do, what to do?

zal on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, it's not like all the meaningful happenings of the days are spread out over an entire page. It's rough, that.

!Vote Gorilla Salad.

!Vote Elendil, maybe. I'm actually tempted to vote for myself, as the number of decent candidates is dwindling, but I may as well continue in my blind trust.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I don't like how quick that Zelrinan bandwagon happened.

Edit: Forgot to pink my text!

Niceguy Myeye on