Options

[Phalla] Through The Greatwood - Finale: A Hero's Return (Good Guys Win!)

• Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, I hope he's evil... it'd give us a shot, but it's so totally random. COME ON BE EVIL!

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    zal wrote: »
    !Vote Elendil, even laying lower than Gorilla Salad/Senior Fish. They worry me.
    Two words: Metroid Prime

In a related note, I apparently missed the vote.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    If we lose tonight, my bad guy guesses are, hrm, Zal, Gorilla, Typhus and uhm, dunno, Durax? How many of the 11 are actually still active?

Raakam on
    My padherder
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, I have no idea what's going on in the Phalla. I wish I were a bad guy, I've been playing like one.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'd wager it's over tonight, depending on how many inactives get booted and how the bad guys/vig target people.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    A second day of relative calm passed for the party, and as the day progressed it became clear that they intended to bring Niceguy Myeye before Sir Furic for execution. Unlike others who had tried to sway the mob away from themselves, Niceguy Myeye simply accepted the fate that had befallen him, and chose not to speak out until the gathering that evening.

“Gentlemen, you seem to have caught me,” Niceguy Myeye said. “I am a convert to the Cult of Transcendent Truth. And it is true that my brothers and I have eliminated many of you. But rest assured it was towards a higher purpose! For we also sought to survive this journey. We were seeking the spies in our midst independently, just as TehSpectre was. Yes, we showed some people the Truth in the process, but isn’t that a good thing? Enlightenment should be desired by all. Let me prove my good intentions by bringing to the light one of those who works in the shadows. precisionk! Your time has come!”

“Ha!” precisionk said. “Do you think they will really believe you? You’re probably under the influence of that noxious paste as we speak. Do not be swayed by such a transparent attempt to stave off death, my fellow soldiers! He has already admitted to being a convert. Let us kill him and remove the threat he poses to all of us.”

“If I am truly such a threat, precisionk, then you’ll have to bring me before Sir Furic yourself,” Niceguy Myeye replied.

“Gladly,” precisionk said, and he grabbed Niceguy Myeye by the arm.

“You are a fool, precisionk!” said Niceguy Myeye, as he shoved a handful of paste into the eyes of his enemy. “Though I will die today, the Truth shall live onward. And though you may never see it, there will come a day when all shall be privy to what we of the Cult have seen. That will be a glorious day!”

The soldiers barely heard what Niceguy Myeye said, as they were transfixed by the convulsions precisionk was going through on the ground. His body was shaking uncontrollably, and he was desperately clawing at his face, trying with every ounce of his remaining sanity to remove the paste from his eyes. It was to no avail, however, as he began to feel his mind slipping away. Rather than descend into madness as he had seen so many others do, precisionk reached into his pocket and removed a knife, which he plunged into his stomach and brought swiftly upwards, disemboweling himself. It was not until his body stopped twitching that the men turned and noticed Sir Furic standing over the decapitated body of Niceguy Myeye.

TehSpectre was a good man, fighting for his people and for his House,” Sir Furic said as he looked down at the body of the fallen convert. “You were no TehSpectre. And as I have killed you, now shall I remove the remaining spies in our midst. First, bring me durax!” durax was brought forward and, with Sir Furic clearly emboldened by the deaths of precisionk and Niceguy Myeye, he was killed without even being given the chance to defend himself. Sir Furic bent down to inspect the body and found that durax was a loyal soldier, but at this point he would not be deterred from what he had to do. “Now, bring me Gorilla Salad!”

Gorilla Salad looked into the eyes of Sir Furic, and he saw a bloodlust that no words would be able to sate. Knowing that his death was upon him, he decided to take action instead. Before anyone could grab him to bring him before Furic, he reached into his cloak and produced a dagger. With lightning speed he took his dagger and wheeled around, opening up the throat of Elendil. The soldiers stood, stunned at the sudden turn of events, and Gorilla Salad took advantage of that by taking his dagger and spinning around again, this time lodging it between the eyes of Raakam. Gorilla Salad removed the dagger and then flung it at telcus, who just barely managed to dodge the blade. Gorilla Salad produced another dagger from his cloak and lunged at telcus, who was already off-balance from dodging the first attack. Still, telcus once again managed to dodge the assault of the spy, and as Gorilla Salad went charging by he tripped him and brought him to the ground. telcus jumped on top of him and pinned his arms to the ground, holding the spy in place.

“I am quite familiar with wrestling swine, spy,” telcus said mockingly.

“And I am quite familiar with exterminating the refuse which the House of the Gray Wolf calls its army, pig fucker,” Gorilla Salad replied. He pulled his torso up quickly, headbutting telcus and knocking him backwards to the ground. Gorilla Salad was instantly upon him, and he thrust his dagger into telcus’s throat, killing him instantly. Gorilla Salad did not have time to revel, however, as he rolled out of the way just in time to avoid Sir Furic’s attack.

“You will die here, you wretch,” Sir Furic said.

“I am no wretch, Sir Furic,” Gorilla Salad responded as he eyed his prey. “I am Sir Senior Fish of the House of the Lightning Warrior, and I assure you that, when you fail to kill me here, I will personally destroy the House of the Gray Wolf.” He leapt at him, but Sir Furic was a far superior fighter than the ordinary foot soldiers. And Senior Fish found that, not only did he completely miss Sir Furic, but he had received a fatal blow to the back of his head, and the last thought that flashed through his head before he hit the ground dead was of the Gray Wolf being crushed under the heel of the World’s Edge.

“Three of our enemies died tonight,” Sir Furic said, wiping his bloodied sword on the body of Senior Fish. “We are only one day away from the Frostlands, and there are only five of us left. We must stick together if we hope to make it back alive.”

Deaths!
    precisionk - Loyal Soldier of the House of the World's Edge - Overdosed
    Niceguy Myeye - Devout Convert of the Cult of Transcendent Truth - Furic'd
    durax - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Furic'd
    Elendil - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Throat slit
    Raakam - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Stabbed
    telcus - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Stabbed

Senior Fish/Gorilla Salad - Loyal Knight of the House of the Lightning Warrior - Furic'd

You have no investigator!

Special Announcement: There are only four players left. Rather than wait 24 hours, we can end the game tonight if you are all here and can all get your votes/orders in in a timely manner. Please let me know what you would like to do.

Locus on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2007
    I'd wager this pony is going to be mighty delicious.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Holy shit!

OooOoooooooooo

Raakam on
    My padherder
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    !vote zal

!vote robothero

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You don't have to vote for investigator. This will be the last day.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    but i want to ;x

Unknown User on
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh noes! stabbed!

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    There is a lot of death in this game. Well since it is the last night time for a reveal.

I am Furic's right hand man. I have the option of killing one person (after repeated failures it increased to two a night) or guard one person, even from the vote but couldn't guard myself. I guarded Ardor first night and ended up getting lucky with the whole Evil Dethkok thing. Second night I was gooed and from then on things went downhill as far as my accuracy goes. Though I did hit Senior which turned out well.

I'm doing this because honestly; between my two kills, the evil kill, and the vote. We could likely end up with one or none surviving.

Who do you all think should be taken out outside of the vote?

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Played you all like a fiddle.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    If you need to, kill me. but I don't think it would be a wise decision. I am nothing but a tanner, ostracized from my town for not having beautiful mutton chops.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    zalzal Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Frankly, I'm about to turn in, I actually just came here to check the narration.

As for Typhus's reveal. Well, if you look in my voting record, I've accused both Senior Fish/Gorrila Salad and PrecisionK before. I've contributed ever since the first day and avoided voting in all instances where I didn't think the bandwagon was a good idea. So I'm not sure what else I can prove my innocence with. You guys decide.

zal on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    !vote Psycho because he has been the odd man out for defending himself (really just because he is the last to log on). I hope you all see where I'm going with this.

This may have an interesting ending if things go how I think they will. And a little bit of me is tempted to see that happen, I think it is a phalla first too. Though I won't throw anything for it.

EDIT: !Retract Psycho and !Vote Robot because he seems somewhat more suspicious.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Argh, I hope you're not suggesting we tie the votes...but whatever that will help the village is fine with me.

I'd rather we finish up during the day tomorrow if we don't want to wait 24 hours.

I'm just going to !Vote Robothero, partly in retaliation, and partly due to the fact that as a mid-game replacement, I find his self-serving playstyle since he came in a lot more suspicious than PsychoCucumber.

zal on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    !retract zal

!vote robothero

just helping out

argh, my forums, just wigged out... the latest post is now at the top of page 1 instead of the bottom of page X... any idea how i fix this?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Try going to user panel->Edit options->Thread display options->Thread display mode (Linear oldest first).

If not that, no clue

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ok, once again, sorry for my virtual non-presence today, my job's been working me like a slave. on to business. Typhus heres an idea. If you're telling the truth, I'll vote robothero, you kill zal, good guys win. I am an artist, by the way. No powers, just villager. I'd post my actual role here, but i'm posting on my wii. anyways, I hope you're telling the truth. Vote Robothero!

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    oOoooooOooOooOO
    Locus wrote:
    If PsychoCucumber doesn't show up by 1 AM then I'm going to bed and you'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to get your final narration.

Damn you PC! =/

ooOOooOOOooO

Xevo on
  • Options
    PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    But I am here, have been since about 11:30, PDT.

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, I guess there's nothing much remained to be said, unless you really want each of us to plead our cases. So it comes down to Typhus's decision on who to kill, you basically get a 50% chance after voting one of us out.

I am sure that Typus is telling the truth, due to the fact that all of the innocent deaths from last night are vanilla soldiers, and I don't believe the bad guys would commit suicide since they practically had the game in their pocket, so that leads me to believe there is indeed a good special left. So I'm vouching for you Typhus, where as others aren't as sure of your claim. Don't let the village down!

EDIT: I didn't think this needs to be mentioned, but I'll say it anyway just in case. Assuming that the bad guy still gets a kill for tonight (this is not certain since their killing has been sporadic, not on every night), Typhus will for sure die for his reveal. If Robothero is evil, then it wouldn't matter if you kill PsychoCucumber or I, since either of us will win the game for the villager. However, if that's not the case, then whoever Typhus decides not to kill will win the game. This is based on the theory that there's only one last bad guy left, there could be two, of different faction, but I find that highly unlikely.

zal on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Got you motherfuckers good.

*graaaaaaaagh dead*

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Voting closed. Final narration on the way.

Locus on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    Voting closed. Final narration on the way.
    This totally means I can post in here now.

See.

I'm posting.

Just. Try. And. Stop. Me.

Ha ha ha.

Yeah.

Joke's running thin.

I'm done.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    “No!” declared Typhus733. “You have trusted me this far, Sir Furic, and I ask you to trust me one last time. We must end this here. The four of us remaining have determined that robothero is the final traitor.”

robothero walked up to Sir Furic and kneeled next to thebody of Gorilla Salad. He looked up at him and said, “Notice, how I willingly submit myself to your judgement. No spy would ever put himself in such a position. I fail to see how you can continue to doubt me.”

“I’m sorry, robothero,” replied Sir Furic. “This could easily be a ploy by you to gain my trust. I will not allow you to manipulate me with your words. I pray that the men are right about you, and that you are the last spy.” With that, Sir Furic brought down his sword and robothero became yet another innocent soldier to fall to the blade of the knight. “Then who shall it be, Typhus733? You implicated Gorilla Salad, so it is up to you to pick the last target.”

“PsychoCucumber,” Typhus733 said. The fingered soldier did not submit willingly as robothero had done, but instead quickly turned heel and fled deeper into the Greatwood. Typhus733, zal, and Sir Furic took off in pursuit of him, and it was the fleet-footed zal who eventually caught up to the fugitive and pulled him to the ground by his collar. Sir Furic and Typhus733 were right behind him, and the former wasted no time in finishing off PsychoCucumber.

Typhus733 bent down and went through PsychoCucumber’s belongings, but could find nothing that indicated he was a spy. “Nothing,” muttered Typhus733. “Absolutely nothing. Which means…” He was interrupted when zal’s knife pierced his throat, and the one man whom Furic had trusted for the duration of the journey had finally fallen, the last of the loyal soldiers to do so.

“zal!” Furic roared as he took a couple of wild swings at the spy, each one wide of the mark. “Your leader could not defeat me in single combat. What makes you think you can?”

“You’re right,” zal replied, a smile creeping across his face. “There is not one scenario I can imagine where I can beat you in armed combat. I am confident, however, that I can beat you in a foot race.” With that zal turned and fled into the Greatwood, moving with a speed that Sir Furic could not hope to match. With a sigh Sir Furic resheathed his sword, and he picked up the bodies of PsychoCucumber and Typhus733 to bury them along with robothero. He would be making the rest of the journey to the Frostlands on his own…

Sir Furic arrived at the Frostlands a few hours before sundown on the next day. When he entered the main gates, he could feel the eyes of everyone on him as he passed by. He was covered in dirt and grime and sweat and blood, and with his ragged appearance he was surprised that anyone even recognized him. He walked through the central market and saw the many posters that had his likeness, begging for volunteers to join the army. Almost all of them had either been ripped down or defaced in some manner, such that his likeness actually bore a striking resemblance to his current state. He made his way to the main gates of the castle, and he did not have to say a word as the guards ushered him in to the main hall, where Lord Thoran waited on his throne. The room was completely empty, save for the servant standing to the right of Lord Thoran.

Standing to the left of the throne was the traitor, zal.

Sir Furic was filled with a blinding rage as he railed at zal. “You cowardly dog! I will kill you with by bare hands!”

“Hold, Sir Furic!” Lord Thoran said, rising from his seat. “We must get to the truth of this. Word has arrived of your grave defeat in the Greatwood. Is it true you lost almost your entire army?”

Sir Furic shook his head in disbelief. “Yes, it is true,” he said. “We were betrayed-“

“Yes,” Lord Thoran replied. “I know. zal claims that it was you who betrayed us to the World’s Edge, and that now you return to finish the job by staging a coup and killing me.”

“The traitor lies, my Lord,” Sir Furic said. “He and his brethren tried to infiltrate our army, and we lost many good soldiers trying to root them out on our journey through the Greatwood. He is the last of them, my Lord. Let me kill him and finish this.”

“Now now, Sir Furic. Who am I to believe? zal may be just a common footsoldier, but the evidence against you is staggering. Everyone, dead? Our main army, shattered? Spies accomplished all of this?” Lord Thoran sat as he finished speaking, and the servant brought him a glass filled with wine that he began sipping on.

“Yes!” Sir Furic yelled. “Yes to every question. I claim full responsibility for all that occurred in the Greatwood. But I am no traitor, and by trusting this vermin you are dooming our House!”

“No,” Lord Thoran said, as he handed his wine for the servant to hold. “I think not.”

“I told you, Sir Furic,” zal said, smiling. “I told you that you would meet your end, that your actions would not go unpunished. And now you shall see what comes to those who oppose my House.” Sir Furic watched in horror as a knife slipped out from zal’s sleeve and into his waiting hand. zal revelled in the moment, as he toyed with the knife in his hand. Then his smiled disappeared, and his arm flew towards his mark: the heart of Lord Thoran.

But the knife never reached its target. The servant had thrown the glass of wine at zal, and the spy staggered backwards as the glass shattered in his face. Then the servant produced a dagger of his own, and he threw his body across Lord Thoran, thrusting the knife into zal’s chest. The spy took two steps backwards, then dropped his knife and fell to his knees. With confusion he stared at the servant, and a look of recognition came across his face. He shook his head and then fell to the ground dead. The last spy had been killed.

“Sir Furic,” Lord Thoran said, stunned. “Sir Furic… what have I done? How could I have trusted him over you?”

“I do not know,” Sir Furic replied coldly. He turned his attention towards the servant. “And who are you, that saved our noble Lord?”

Now it was the servant’s turn to smile. “Don’t you recognize me, Sir Furic? I was with you in the Greatwood, though not for very long. My name is Marx. Perhaps you might know me better as DETHKOK.”

“DETHKOK?” Sir Furic said. “I killed you.”

“I’m an actor, Sir Furic. Things are not always as they appear. And I told you I was no traitor.”

“Thank you, friend Marx, for saving my life,” Lord Thoran said, obviously relieved that he would live at least one more day. “Sir Furic, I am sorry. Ask anything, it will be yours. What do you desire?”

“Nothing,” Sir Furic replied. “I don’t want anything.” Sir Furic bowed to his Lord, then turned around to exit the castle. He walked back through the castle gates, and through the central market. Where he now recognized the glares he received as disgust. He left the Frostlands the same way he entered it, and he began a new journey through the Greatwood, though he did not yet know his destination.

Tie goes to the runner! The House of the Gray Wolf is victorious!

Deaths!
    robothero - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Furic'd
    PsychoCucumber - Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Furic'd
    Typhus733 - Furic's Confidant and Loyal Soldier of the House of the Gray Wolf - Stabbed
    zal - Loyal Citizen of the House of the World's Edge - Furic'd

Locus on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh, whatever.

I still consider Marx a dirty, evil bastard!

Good job goodguys, we pulled off a win afterall.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Damn it, I blame my conspirators for not killing Typhus last night as I suggested :P

zal on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    A tie? Meh, I still feel it was a bad guy victory.

Let's be honest, the good guys didn't deserve to win for they are filthy pigs.

I also blame pretty much the loss to the fucking other bad guy team for NOT KILLING THE GUY THAT CONTROLS FURIC ONCE THEY FOUND OUT ABOUT HIM ON DAY 3.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I love games that come down to the wire.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    I love games that come down to the wire.

I love your mom.

That was uncalled for.

But really, it was funny at the time I was typing this.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    She is a nice lady.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    She is a nice lady.

She makes good bread.

May I sleep over?

precisionk on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That end narration is aces. ACES!

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The narrations were indeed good. How they reflected the actual conversations was pretty cool.

I also have some remaining questions
    1) What were the mechanics?
    2) Are there any good guy/bad guy boards?

durax on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Let's be honest, the good guys didn't deserve to win for they are filthy pigs.

Man, they didn't even listen to my battlecry to vote for you. :cry:

You're still the master of the unifying shout. :lol:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ye Olde Mechanics

Good Guy Roles:
    -Mercenaries from the House of the Iron Gate: Stonecutter group. All three members knew the others were innocent.

-Ranger: Vigilante role. One kill per night. Could save up kills from one night to the next. Killed one extra person upon their death.

-Furic's Confidant: Guardian/vigilante hybrid. Could either guard one person per night or have one person executed per night. The vigilante ability was upped to two per night after Day Four. Guarding prevented all kills, including the mob kill, but Furic's Confidant could not guard themselves.

-Reformed Thief: Standard seer role.

-Actor: Once and only once had the ability to copy the role of any player, living or dead. They immediately gained any abilities that player had. If they copied an evil role, their fate would be tied to the evil guys', but they would not learn who the rest of their team was.

Evil Dudes:
    -Spies: As a group they got one kill per day. They could forgo a kill on a day to gain an 'extra' kill the nextday. For example, if they did not kill on Day One, they would have three kills on Day Two: one for the current day, one for the previous day, and one extra. The maximum number of kills they could accumulate was five.

-Converts: As a group they got one kill per day. They also had the opportunity to 'inject' players, with each living Convert in control of one injection. Injection nullified any abilities the target may have had. It also allowed the Converts to change the votes of those they injected, if they so desired.

As you can see, the mechanics weren't exactly groundbreaking. Just old roles with new twists. It was the players who made the game what it was, which is the way I think it should be.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    How did I not die sooner? Damned literally pmed me with the proof of what role I had the night he died.

Also, no survivors! I was expecting some sort of "NO ONE WINS MUHAHAHA" situation as opposed to defaulting victory to us.

Typhus733 on