Options

[Phalla] Through The Greatwood - Finale: A Hero's Return (Good Guys Win!)

1679111249

Posts

  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The vigilante can out him/herself if they want, but they will, at that time, receive priority over you for being guarded because there's not really a good way for you to prove yourself. Yeah, you can go turn in the guy who's most likey evil without cost to anyone since he's a liability for the bad guy team now anyways, or you could go use your power more wisely and go after other targets, building a network instead of telling everyone what we already know.

    EDIT: I could right now come out and state that I'm a seer even though I'm not and claim VH is a bad guy. Instead of telling us something we already know, you should either go find more bad guys or build a network. Good guy specials should not contact you unless you contact them first. You had also better have some information about them instead of "Hey, you've seered as an innocent!"

    Ardor on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    The guardian probably can't guard two people. The reason Tossrocks strategy worked so well is that he was the only one that outed himself most of the time, and unless evidence arises that there is in fact more than one guardian the vigilante shouldn't show himself.

    Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So someone explain to me why the HELL our seer would reveal himself?

    iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    A) He wants to save himself.
    B) He wants to bring our vigilante out in the open.
    C) He's an idiot.

    Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh was Xevo winning the vote?

    iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also, seering VH tonight is a stupid move I think (although for you, if you got away with it... it would be a smart move. Seering someone who claims to be evil?). Someone needs to just kill him off.

    If he's a bad guy or a neutral... we've killed a bad guy or a neutral.

    If he's a vanilla villager pulling an AcidSerra, then who the hell cares.

    If he's a good special he's just retarded.

    I would assume there was a reason that he came out? If he just announced it randomly he might have tried to eat the vote as a condition for something. Or he might be guarded tonight. It's hard to say.

    Due to the fact that you outted yourself and announced you are seering a self outted bad guy... I'm going to vote for you. I'm pretty sure you are not our seer (especially since I know how lying about being a seer is).

    !vote Xevo

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So someone explain to me why the HELL our seer would reveal himself?

    Because he was getting all the votes to get killed tonight. It's a reasonable response if he is indeed our seer. If not, he'll be around in a few days for us to take care of him then.

    Ardor on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Not that I'm going to get into an argument about it here, but what I did was called soaking up bad guy kills... they wasted a lot of time and energy trying to kill me and I turned out to just be a vanilla.

    Anaximander did the same thing in Saburbia's Haunted House Phalla and it worked perfectly.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also, the fact that you just admitted to paying attention to the HP phalla means you could have taken mental notes on how I acted and since you were getting bandwagoned figured you might as well try it out.

    Just too much of a coincidence.

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So someone explain to me why the HELL our seer would reveal himself?

    Well let's see... a VERY strong bandwagon against me was forming, and it seemed that there was little I could do to stop it. Also, the votes against Dethkok were mostly joke votes with all the haiku and whatnot, and I knew most of them would eventually get changed to me if I didn't do something.

    As far as NOT seering VH because he outed himself, that's ridiculous. Unless someone is the vig and is already planning to kill him, the only obvious target tonight is VH and if he's good, then yay network started! If he's bad, then I get to put his role completely out in the open and we can deal with that tomorrow.

    Xevo on
  • Options
    FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Xevo wrote: »
    Xevo wrote: »
    I would like to see the vig out himself after sending orders and after the vote tonight, that way we have a network of two.

    Don't do this.

    Well it's worked pretty well for Tossrock every single time he's done it.

    Are you suggesting they out themselves publicly, or to you? Because if it's the former, then if the vigilante outs themselves, and you're really the seer, then we need two guards. If it's the latter, then that's also incredibly stupid, as you won't be verified as the seer yet.

    My vote stays on Xevo.

    Fembot on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Xevo wrote: »
    As far as NOT seering VH because he outed himself, that's ridiculous. Unless someone is the vig and is already planning to kill him, the only obvious target tonight is VH and if he's good, then yay network started! If he's bad, then I get to put his role completely out in the open and we can deal with that tomorrow.

    Um, what? This makes no sense.

    Die.

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ok so if we're all assuming VH is truly evil, then why does he have no votes?

    !retract Zot and !vote visiblehowl

    Xevo on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm going to assume that he outed himself because theres some kind of condition if he gets voted for he doesn't die or something.

    Plus everyone voting for a self outed bad guy nullifies discussion and we need to see who's placing votes where.

    Nice try though.

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What was that sound? Did anybody else hear that?

    It sounded like Xevo's teammates facepalming in unison.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Xevo wrote: »
    Ok so if we're all assuming VH is truly evil, then why does he have no votes?

    !retract Zot and !vote visiblehowl

    Let's think for a minute xeno. What does VH accomplish by stating he is a bad guy?

    1) The bad guys don't want to kill him because one of us will eventually unless he can give us some bad guy names if he tried to infiltrate them.
    2) If he's a bad guy, then great, we can kill him later and we dno't need to waste resources to do it now. Voting records will be screwed up today and IMO early day voting records are the best resources available in these games.
    3) Why would you waste your night's seering to confirm something we already pretty much know? What do you hope to prove?


    Nobody should vote for him because that's a waste of time and voting records for day 1. If a vigilante wants to kill him? I'd suggest they don't until tomorrow, in the event that he's somehow invincible today.


    Voting records are one of THE ONLY things normal villagers have to use against finding bad guys. Right now, VH saved us the trouble of finding one and he saved the bad guys the trouble, likely, of them finding each other if they weren't all together.


    Xeno, go build a network or find us a different bad guy. Don't waste your power and our time telling something we all but know is true. Doing that will earn you my vote tomorrow because anybody at this point could come forward and say VH is a bad guy, and they are a seer. If you want to earn our trust, go find some other bad guys.

    Ardor on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    What was that sound? Did anybody else hear that?

    It sounded like Xevo's teammates facepalming in unison.

    We will take this into consideration once we find out what Xeno is. If he's actually the seer, I'm tempted to say you should go next as the above suggests you are not on his team and you may know that.

    Ardor on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Can I call do over, please?

    Let's pretend this day didn't happen. Poetry and all.

    Especially the poetry.

    !Vote Ardor

    For always tricking me by being nice to me.

    Take that!

    Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I feel like I've figured out who at least 2 or 3 of the baddies are based on how they've responded to my posts... so I should seer one of them instead tonight?

    Also, thanks to my leader (due to my purple vote) Ardor's suggestion, I'll !retract visiblehowl and !vote Dethkok for personal preservation.

    Xevo on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    What was that sound? Did anybody else hear that?

    It sounded like Xevo's teammates facepalming in unison.

    We will take this into consideration once we find out what Xeno is. If he's actually the seer, I'm tempted to say you should go next as the above suggests you are not on his team and you may know that.

    Thats kind of a stretch, Ardor...

    Although, now if Xevo turns out to be evil... and Bale turns out to be evil... then I'm next on the list I guess :P

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Xevo wrote: »
    I feel like I've figured out who at least 2 or 3 of the baddies are based on how they've responded to my posts... so I should seer one of them instead tonight?

    Also, thanks to my leader (due to my purple vote) Ardor's suggestion, I'll !retract visiblehowl and !vote Dethkok for personal preservation.

    How about you don't publicly announce who you might seer? Take it to PMs.

    Although since you aren't actually the seer it doesn't matter.

    edit - woo double post D::

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor if you want to grudge vote me don't hide behind such a weak reason. :P

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    What was that sound? Did anybody else hear that?

    It sounded like Xevo's teammates facepalming in unison.

    We will take this into consideration once we find out what Xeno is. If he's actually the seer, I'm tempted to say you should go next as the above suggests you are not on his team and you may know that.

    Thats kind of a stretch, Ardor...

    Although, now if Xevo turns out to be evil... and Bale turns out to be evil... then I'm next on the list I guess :P

    You'd be surprised how little mix ups like this are very useful in the long run. It's the little things that count, you know that. This might be nothing, but he could've stated that a lot better, like he could've done his own facepalm like everyone else does in situations like these.

    Ardor on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Im not facepalming because I'm assuming his evil.

    And if he isnt, well he's already the worst seer ever

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    What was that sound? Did anybody else hear that?

    It sounded like Xevo's teammates facepalming in unison.

    We will take this into consideration once we find out what Xeno is. If he's actually the seer, I'm tempted to say you should go next as the above suggests you are not on his team and you may know that.

    Thats kind of a stretch, Ardor...

    Although, now if Xevo turns out to be evil... and Bale turns out to be evil... then I'm next on the list I guess :P

    You'd be surprised how little mix ups like this are very useful in the long run. It's the little things that count, you know that. This might be nothing, but he could've stated that a lot better, like he could've done his own facepalm like everyone else does in situations like these.

    Well I do know that little things like this can definitely lead to catching more baddies.

    Or they could be... you know... jokes :P

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2007
    Hey Locus, I don't know if you gathered this from the signup thread, but you can add me to the reserves.


    osnap.

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Hey Locus, I don't know if you gathered this from the signup thread, but you can add me to the reserves.


    osnap.
    Did I miss that? Sorry. Added!

    Locus on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Can I call do over, please?

    Let's pretend this day didn't happen. Poetry and all.

    Especially the poetry.

    !Vote Ardor

    For always tricking me by being nice to me.

    Take that!

    I'm fine with taking the day 1 vote, I'm not a good guy special so it's not going to cost us anything. I think better targets exist, but we should give Xeno a chance to prove himself. I think we should give him 3-4 days to prove himself. By then, someone else might shoot him or have seered him and had a mouthpiece declare him to be evil, who knows. Either way, it helps us net bad guys.

    Also, Balefuego? In past games, little slips like the one you made have helped us bag bad guys by the vote, plus there were much easier ways of getting your point across without hitning you aren't on his team and probably have reasons (like a bad guy pm) to be certain.

    Ardor on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2007
    I probably wasn't clear about it. I'm not good at talking and/or typing.

    Running a phalla is going to be awesome!

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I wasnt trying to make a point or hint at anything.

    I was making a joke

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    What was that sound? Did anybody else hear that?

    It sounded like Xevo's teammates facepalming in unison.

    We will take this into consideration once we find out what Xeno is. If he's actually the seer, I'm tempted to say you should go next as the above suggests you are not on his team and you may know that.

    Thats kind of a stretch, Ardor...

    Although, now if Xevo turns out to be evil... and Bale turns out to be evil... then I'm next on the list I guess :P

    You'd be surprised how little mix ups like this are very useful in the long run. It's the little things that count, you know that. This might be nothing, but he could've stated that a lot better, like he could've done his own facepalm like everyone else does in situations like these.

    Well I do know that little things like this can definitely lead to catching more baddies.

    Or they could be... you know... jokes :P

    Because it's so much easier to type out what he did instead of doing:

    *facepalm*

    ?

    Ardor on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor you are usually a logically sound dude but you're not thinking this through very clearly.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    What was that sound? Did anybody else hear that?

    It sounded like Xevo's teammates facepalming in unison.

    We will take this into consideration once we find out what Xeno is. If he's actually the seer, I'm tempted to say you should go next as the above suggests you are not on his team and you may know that.

    Thats kind of a stretch, Ardor...

    Although, now if Xevo turns out to be evil... and Bale turns out to be evil... then I'm next on the list I guess :P

    You'd be surprised how little mix ups like this are very useful in the long run. It's the little things that count, you know that. This might be nothing, but he could've stated that a lot better, like he could've done his own facepalm like everyone else does in situations like these.

    Well I do know that little things like this can definitely lead to catching more baddies.

    Or they could be... you know... jokes :P

    Because it's so much easier to type out what he did instead of doing:

    *facepalm*

    ?

    Well I think that he was thinking that if Xevo is evil that all his buddies would be making the facepalm... so Bale was laughing and enjoying the situation instead of facepalming

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    See, Grundl gets my jokes

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Especially when they are explained on the spy proboards...

    ...just kidding.

    What did I miss? Is my vote for Xevo still good?

    Jester313 on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Honestly I'd rather not but I'm going to !retract Xevo since I got shanked in the FF phalla for basically this same situation.

    Typhus733 on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Ardor you are usually a logically sound dude but you're not thinking this through very clearly.

    Voting off our own seer = very bad. Voting off a bad guy is good.

    However, losing our seer for a single bad guy is not worth it IMO, not a good trade.

    So, I think Xeno should be guarded tonight.

    It may be day 1 and I'm not typically playing very seriously, but I'm still very curious about your slip up Bale. Perhaps later on we can test that out.

    I'm going to go vote for someone who's hovering just above the inactivity line myself, since there's always bad guys there and I haven't tried that since my first few games.

    Ardor on
  • Options
    XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm just going to try to reason with people again. If I was pretending to be the seer, clearly you would know tomorrow and can kill me then. As it is, all I ask for is to not get voted out (since that can't be stopped) and for the guardian to protect me since the bad guys will surely try to kill me. I've got a list of 3 or so suspicious people, and will seer whichever one I feel strongest about tonight. And no, VH isn't on the list, although I do find it HIGHLY suspicious that so many people are adamantly against voting for him after he outed himself as EVIL.

    Xevo on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor, the problem with Xevo starting to build a network privately instead of confirming himself by publicly seering someone (it doesn't have to be VH) is that we'll never be able to trust him. If he's a bad guy, he could survive for a while by pretending to be the mouthpiece for a network that doesn't even exist. You know how people behave in these games: we're all doubtful of Xevo now, but once people accept the idea that he's probably our seer, his word will be Law and the majority of players will buy everything he says. If he's a monster, he can hurt the village a lot at that point.

    If I were a monster being bandwagoned on day one, I'd do exactly what Xevo is doing right now. I'd claim to be a seer. I wouldn't be able to live very long, because the real seer would find a way to out me at some point, but I could do some damage to the village in the meantime. I might even catch a special or two if they were stupid enough to contact me.

    I'm really torn about this. I'm not comfortable with voting out a player who might be our only seer, but on the other hand I have a hard time believing he is a seer. His suggestion that our vigilante should out himself reeks of monster, in my opinion.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Xevo wrote: »
    I do find it HIGHLY suspicious that so many people are adamantly against voting for him after he outed himself as EVIL.

    This has been explained ad nauseum.

    Squashua on
Sign In or Register to comment.