As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Anyone else watched Voom TV's videogame Gameplay HD channel?

Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
http://www.voom.tv/

Click on the GamePlay channel.

So does anyone else get this?

I was at my brother's house this past weekend and he showed me the channel he is now getting through his cable provider and I was pretty excited. He said it's all videogame stuff all day long. When he turned it on the station was doing a complete playthrough of the new Splinter Cell game, playthrough as in it was like I was sitting on the couch watching someone else play the game on a console in the room, it was complete with stuff like option changing, weapon switching, menu's and such. He said that him and his girlfriend have sat there and watched a playthrough of Hitman 2 twice, like it was a movie, and watching it on his huge Samsung HDTV was like getting all the goodness of a high end PC with out actually needing to do anything. Kind of like a book on tape.

Other things on the station are Starcraft tournaments that show the different player's screens, first person shooter matches which are shown from the players perspective in game, and other video game related stuff.

It was all pretty nerdtastic. I wish I had such a channel but I can't even get HD in my place.

Clipboard03.jpg
I KISS YOU!
Lord Jezo on

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hmm... Looks interesting. But I have a feeling it is really just flooded with Halo2 videos of some kids playing around.

I'll keep my eye on it though.

urahonky on
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've always wanted the ability to watch others play games, like the HLTV stuff of old, and however they do it now in Source.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've actually watched it quite a few times. I watched a few episodes of CinemAddicts and one episode of something that talked about the making of Guild Wars: Nightfall just prior to its launch.

As nerdy as it sounds, I actually really liked CinemAddicts. The concept is this: you follow the game through its ingame cinematics and snippets of people playing key story scenes. For games you know you're never going to play but just want to see what it looks like, it's actually pretty cool. I've watched through Black and Hitman: Blood Money. I know I'm not going to play either of those games, but being able to watch them (usually the Xbox versions) in 1080i, is actually pretty cool.

Overall, I like the station. It's pretty high quality, although it's a little light on programming right now (since I refuse to watch Gamespotting or whatever the Gamespot show is called), so there are lots of repeats. If it's available, scan through the CinemAddicts episodes and see if there's something you want to watch. It's pretty neat.

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I want to be able to watch this when MGS4 comes out.

It would keep me from buying a PS3 for like...forever?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg