As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat][WITTINESS GOES HERE]

• The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I made a Wal-Mart thread. So bitch there.
    Great, now it's going to undercut all the other threads until they're locked.
    Yes but all the posts will end up being inferior posts that discuss professional wrestling and NASCAR in Mandarin.
    This joke makes no sense, and I'm sorry Will but I think you'll find there are no buttons on your moderating console that can ever fix that.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So does anyone around here still play Cybernations?
    Is there more to it yet? The game was too basic when we first found it. It seemed to boil down to large groups of players making meta-rules to keep things entertaining, that and the regular appearance of the drama llama.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Yes but all the posts will end up being inferior posts that discuss professional wrestling and NASCAR in Mandarin.
    This joke makes no sense, and I'm sorry Will but I think you'll find there are no buttons on your moderating console that can ever fix that.

I got it, Will. celery is just hatin'.

LaOs on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I used to play Utopia. What an evil evil game.

nexuscrawler on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Mount and blade is good fun but I think I've seen everything that the game has to offer within the level capped demo. Lots of potential though.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Is there more to it yet? The game was too basic when we first found it. It seemed to boil down to large groups of players making meta-rules to keep things entertaining, that and the regular appearance of the drama llama.

Actually, the meta-game is pretty much the main point of the game. I've gotten involved in it and it's good times. Multi alliance wars are hilariously entertaining.

They've added and tweaked a good bit since the original "let's make WANG" thing, but the only two ones that are big changes that I can think of are National Wonders and Airforces. Most of the rest was balancing of one sort or another.

Also, they're abuot to introduce espionage/spying.

Jragghen on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    It's probably because, living on the West Coast, he doesn't really understand that there are alternatives to Wal-Mart, and thus the idea that there are goods besides Chinese-made goods that appeal to the redneck demographic is lost on him.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited August 2007

Actually, the meta-game is pretty much the main point of the game. I've gotten involved in it and it's good times. Multi alliance wars are hilariously entertaining.

They've added and tweaked a good bit since the original "let's make WANG" thing, but the only two ones that are big changes that I can think of are National Wonders and Airforces. Most of the rest was balancing of one sort or another.

I get the feeling I was just looking for something that the game wasn't trying to offer. I want a broswer based Civ clone really.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited August 2007

I get the feeling I was just looking for something that the game wasn't trying to offer. I want a broswer based Civ clone really.

Yeah. This, that is not.

Travian or Tribal War, perhaps?

Edit: Also, if anyone wants to join/start playing again, I'm admissions council for my alliance and I can give you a nod and a point in the right direction.

Jragghen on
    edited August 2007
    It's probably because, living on the West Coast, he doesn't really understand that there are alternatives to Wal-Mart, and thus the idea that there are goods besides Chinese-made goods that appeal to the redneck demographic is lost on him.

I suppose you could have said Cantonese. Maybe he would have gotten it then?

LaOs on
    edited August 2007

Speaking of Civ, have you played many of the Mods yet? That Afterworld one was interesting--a neat change, but I don't think I'd play through it again.

LaOs on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You really out to visit the West Coast sometime.

I actually went to Wal-Mart as a novelty when I was in Texas because you never see them here.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • ZeeBeeKayZeeBeeKay Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We have a walmart, but it is ugly and falling apart.

I am also on the west coast.

(also, hi [chat]! I feel like I should finally post something, what with the lurking for years)

ZeeBeeKay on
    edited August 2007
    Speaking of Civ, have you played many of the Mods yet? That Afterworld one was interesting--a neat change, but I don't think I'd play through it again.
    Is that the weird squad-based game? I played it until I met some big monster who raped my team to death and then I realised I hadn't saved it. The mods which are essentially new games are all quite interesting although all of them seem to lack the correct amount of polish. Which is a damn shame. However, it has given me hope that Sid Meier's is going to consent to releasing Alpha Centauri as a Civ4 mod (or possibly just based on the same engine/SDK/whatever you call it) as the functionality is all there.

Or Master of Magic.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

O_o

Have you ever actually been to a decent-sized West Coast city?

In an area that isn't economically-depressed or otherwise full of poor people?

Incenjucar on
    edited August 2007
    Yo Frodo, what you doin’ wearing the ring?
    All powerful jewelry, is that your new thing?
    I know it’s hard when you’re little more than 3 foot 4
    Your little ass so close to the floor.
    Trying to lead the fellows to the gates of Mordor
    The Fellowship!
    (Yea the fellowship)
    I don’t rap about bitches and hos,
    I rap about witches and trolls,
    just passing on the words of the Elven king,
    Wisdom to all
    Frodo! Don’t wear the ring!

Frodo don’t wear the ring,
    The magical bling bling,
    You’ll never be the Lord of the Rings

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited August 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

O_o

I thought that those areas were where the wal-marts were found.

Jragghen on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

O_o

I think you're missing his point

His point being that the east coast is totally better than the west coast

Elendil on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    However, it has given me hope that Sid Meier's is going to consent to releasing Alpha Centauri as a Civ4 mod (or possibly just based on the same engine/SDK/whatever you call it) as the functionality is all there.
    Man, that'd kick ass.

Dynagrip on
    edited August 2007

O_o

I thought that those areas were where the wal-marts were found.

Exactly. Big Box stores are mostly "for poor people."

Poor, of course, being a relative thing. I mean, if you have like a zillion kids, you may make a good amount of money, but you're not keeping much of it.

Incenjucar on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ZeeBeeKay wrote: »
    (also, hi [chat]! I feel like I should finally post something, what with the lurking for years)

GET HIM!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, I went to the DMV today. It hadn't occurred to me until now that when I moved from California to Seattle, I also moved from 2007 to 1975.

Thanatos on
    edited August 2007
    O_o

Well, California -is- much more vehicle-oriented.

Incenjucar on
    edited August 2007
    ITT: Than discovers wormhole.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited August 2007
    Is that the weird squad-based game? I played it until I met some big monster who raped my team to death and then I realised I hadn't saved it. The mods which are essentially new games are all quite interesting although all of them seem to lack the correct amount of polish. Which is a damn shame. However, it has given me hope that Sid Meier's is going to consent to releasing Alpha Centauri as a Civ4 mod (or possibly just based on the same engine/SDK/whatever you call it) as the functionality is all there.

Or Master of Magic.

Yeah, it's that strange squad adventure game. I never had a problem with the ferals, though... They were just annoying, because you'd kill one and then another would pop up. I think you had to kill each one three times or something. I took my time roaming around, though, and levelled up my characters, so that's probably why they were easy.

Have you played the space Mod yet? It's kind of neat in how it's different. I started with it, actually, but haven't finished that game yet.

I'll agree, though, that the mods seem to need a little bit more polish. Specifically, most are lacking in the Civlopedia. They either have incomplete entries for their new aspects of the game or are just missing some portions they should have included. They are a lot of fun, though.

LaOs on
    edited August 2007
    The space one was good. Having resources away from stars made for a very different game.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited August 2007
    Gooey wrote: »

GET HIM!

Her

:P

ZeeBeeKay on
    edited August 2007

GET HIM!

Her

Sorry, this thread has its girl quota. Move along.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    New Manu Chao CD : pretty neat.

Aldo on
    edited August 2007
    The space one was good. Having resources away from stars made for a very different game.

I loved when I discovered how useful starbases were... but then I found I could only build a limited number of them. Wtf?! And, there's nothing in the mod-Civlopedia at all about them, so I had no way of knowing.

LaOs on
    edited August 2007

Her

Cooties! Run away.

Incenjucar on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would like to make a shame thread but i'm too embarassed

nexuscrawler on
    edited August 2007
    EEEEEWW GIRLS!

Uh-oh...I think it's an infestation...

ZeeBeeKay on
    edited August 2007

GET HIM!

Her

Sorry, this thread has its girl quota. Move along.

Don't listen to Mojo.

He's just trying to confuse you (and Irond Will) wrt his gender.

LaOs on
    edited August 2007
    Well, I thank you for the welcome of dubious quality, [chat], but now I must go get ice-cream.

And also read Guns Germs and Steel.
    worst book ever

ZeeBeeKay on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Gooey, you mistook my silence for offense, when in fact my silence was due to the fact that I needed to shower and move across campus, although not in that order.

Although if you met me, I guarentee you wouldn't be able to tell I was a gay.

Casual Eddy on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, I thank you for the welcome of dubious quality, [chat], but now I must go get ice-cream.

And also read Guns Germs and Steel.
    worst book ever
    Yeah, just like a girl not to understand war, conquest, and other manly things. Like Syphilis chancres on the penis.

Fencingsax on
    edited August 2007
    Gooey, you mistook my silence for offense, when in fact my silence was due to the fact that I needed to shower and move across campus, although not in that order.

Although if you met me, I guarentee you wouldn't be able to tell I was a gay.

I'm sure I wouldn't.
    Until we made out.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man I love how I can take credit for fixing emergencies by doing nothing sometimes.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Can we sacrifice the woman to the volcano?

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.