As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I wanna be a browncoat

SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGamingRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have been watching Firefly+Serenity, and it occured to me, i'd love to have some sort of Firefly swag. Ebay reveals a few things, but I was looking for a more official outlet. Anyone know of any decent place I might get a shirt or something?

SniperGuy on

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A quick search only returns one fan site with an article about "Official Merchandise", but the navigation is all jacked up... so... no go there. I too would be interested in finding this out...

The official Fox site also turns up nothing. I'm sure that merchandising rights are probably owned by Fox still... unfortunately.

Seriously though, I want a Mr. Universe shirt.

Can't stop the signal, baby.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    unless you have a fucking sword ;D

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The only swag I found was a poster they gave out at the advanced screening of Serenity. I was really pissed that my brother went, and got a free awesome poster.... till I found out that Jewel Staite and Sean Maher were there for a Q&A and autographing the posters. Then I was murderous D:

Tav on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    unless you have a fucking sword ;D
    I'm sure you'll find that he failed too, in the end.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have a couple of keychains obtained at the 2 prescreenings I attended and a Serenity T-shirt from points made on the movie site :).

There's a lot of cool things out there now, action figures, models, more recently blueprints for Serenity and the official papers for the ship.

For T-shirts a quick Google search for "Serenity shirt" came up with a few sites. allposters.com looked to be the most 'official' but didn't have the selection of other places.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    blincolnblincoln Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Didn't the official site sell patches for a little while? I remember before the film came out, there were unofficial patches (like the last one in the list of Firefly/Serenity patches at PatchGeeks) on eBay, but I could have sworn I saw the official promotional site selling them briefly too.

blincoln on
    Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/
  • Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My wife got me a Independants shirt and picked up a Sihnon Companion Academy shirt for herself, i will have to ask where she got them.

Here you go:

http://stylinonline.stores.yahoo.net/serenity.html

meeker on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll be in my bunk...
    ...ordering merchandise.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It seems that every place I check there is some thing about Firefly, and now that I've found that my series set is missing disk 3, I'm going to have to go on a browncoat shopping spree! Thanks for making me spend all my money. :P

But seriously, that is awesome, thanks Meeker.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Big Damn Hero shirt.

Must.

Purchase.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    the Big Damn Board is usually a great place to start. They've got a section for costume, accessories, etc, as well as links to a bunch of fan and official sites. I would also suggest heading down to FireflyFan.net and Serenitymovie.org and checking the message boards there. There's always people posting links to stuff they've found or selling/giving away stuff they've made (some of which is really well done). Welcome to the 'verse, my friend.

also, don't forget to pick up yourself the new Serenity: Collector's Edition! Gotta keep those sales up and spreading the word if we even want a sliver of hope for future Sereni-fly things.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh I just did. Didn't even know about it, till I saw it in the store, then went OOH GIANT SERENITY BOX.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    BoomShake wrote: »
    also, don't forget to pick up yourself the new Serenity: Collector's Edition!

Oh goddammit! Joss "I don't believe in special editions" Whedon, I have bought this movie twice already! What more do you want? Then if I ever get an HD-DVD player...

(for the record, I got the Zone 1 version from Amazon as soon as it was released, and then it turned out we were getting a 2-disc version with a nice cardboard sleeve over here in Zone 4, so I caved and got that when it came out too.)

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    There's lots of Jayne hats on eBay, some better than others but it's pretty easy to see which ones are good.

bombardier on