As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Senator Larry Craig's Guide to Bathroom Erotica

1235»

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    Yeah I was under the impression that he had numerous gay relationships that were fairly well known in Congress.

Anyway, it's certainly distasteful and dishonest to be secretly gay while earning a 100 from the Christian Coalition, but I don't think hypocrisy applies. If he was actually in violation of the bills he supported, then that would be more along the lines of hypocrisy. If he tried to claim this sting was a hate crime, then yeah, he'd be a big fat hypocrite.

Also, where the hell did you kids buy into this bullshit about homosexuality? A man who solicits gay sex in a restroom is incapable of loving his wife? What the fuck is going on in your head?
    Could we please stop pretending that being anti-gay marriage is about anything other than not liking homosexuals? Because, really, it's starting to get pretty fucking old.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Yeah I was under the impression that he had numerous gay relationships that were fairly well known in Congress.

Anyway, it's certainly distasteful and dishonest to be secretly gay while earning a 100 from the Christian Coalition, but I don't think hypocrisy applies. If he was actually in violation of the bills he supported, then that would be more along the lines of hypocrisy. If he tried to claim this sting was a hate crime, then yeah, he'd be a big fat hypocrite.

Also, where the hell did you kids buy into this bullshit about homosexuality? A man who solicits gay sex in a restroom is incapable of loving his wife? What the fuck is going on in your head?
    Could we please stop pretending that being anti-gay marriage is about anything other than not liking homosexuals? Because, really, it's starting to get pretty fucking old.

Welll if buttsex weren't so...icky.....

Yeah totally agreed here there isn't a single logical reason being anti-gay marriage isn't imply homophobic.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »

Welll if buttsex weren't so...icky.....

Yeah totally agreed here there isn't a single logical reason being anti-gay marriage isn't imply homophobic.

But can't you see it'll be the end of heterosexual relationships as we know it if the gays can get married! I mean, what will be the point of getting married if clearly anyone can get married. There'll be no point! And if no one gets married then there's no sex allowed between straight folk and the population will just decline until the Muslims out breed us!

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey, I know it's a bit late, but I just wanted to let Target Practice know that I got his Confederacy of Dunces reference.

Also the whole hypocrisy debate is retarded.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    ZalbinionZalbinion Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also the whole hypocrisy debate is retarded.

Myeh, Drez had a valid (but not really important) point: it's not technically hypocritical for Craig to both think that men and women involved in same-sex relationships should be treated as second-class citizens and to be himself involved in same-sex relationships. It goes against his best interests, but it's not hypocritical.

Example: being publicly opposed to abortion in all forms yet secretly aborting a pregnancy? Hypocrisy.
    Publicly endorsing policies discriminating against a certain group of people while secretly being a member of that group? Stupid, but not hypocritical.

Zalbinion on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Myeh, Drez had a valid (but not really important) point: it's not technically hypocritical for Craig to both think that men and women involved in same-sex relationships should be treated as second-class citizens and to be himself involved in same-sex relationships. It goes against his best interests, but it's not hypocritical.

As soon as he lies about his own same-sex relationships to avoid that same treatment I'd say it is. If he were either A) not engaging in homosexual relationships or B) honest when caught doing (or attempting to do) so, you'd have a point.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    ZalbinionZalbinion Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    mcdermott wrote: »

As soon as he lies about his own same-sex relationships to avoid that same treatment I'd say it is. If he were either A) not engaging in homosexual relationships or B) honest when caught doing (or attempting to do) so, you'd have a point.

True, if he lies about anything then that's another thing. Of course, this reminds me of the strange "on the down low" not-gay-but-has-sex-with-other-men thing that some men are doing nowadays, but that's a whole other thing.

Zalbinion on
  • Options
    ZahaladeenZahaladeen Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    AUDIO of Craig and the arresting officer during initial interrogation. Enjoy doddering, combative geriatrics!

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=63b5e068-2cb0-427f-a0dd-14b27890336d&t=s3&f=06/64&p=Source_MSNBC&fg=&GT1=10252

Zahaladeen on
  • Options
    mr_ekimmr_ekim Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    And in case anyone's imagination fails them, Keith Olbermann did a reenactment of the police report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZKKAqM-q-k

mr_ekim on
    steam_sig.pngmrekim.phpmrekim.php
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thanks Keith, thanks for that.

lol, I have the shirt that the 'cop' wore.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The bit that worries me is the whole public hygiene angle, I use public toilets, I don't want them to be cruising spots, or sex booths. I want a toilet to be a toilet

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Isn't he a hypocrite just because of the fact that he's cheating on his wife?

Hoz on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hoz wrote: »

One scandal at a time pls.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »

One scandal at a time pls.

But that's the beauty. It is still just the one scandal. But it's got like, layers man.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    He should've just hooked up with Mark Foley. Would've saved them both a load of trouble

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The GOP has thrown him under the bus awfully quickly eh?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    He should've just hooked up with Mark Foley. Would've saved them both a load of trouble

That would be the best thing ever...

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's been getting practice.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

That bus must be getting really bloody.

Couscous on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well the media is dirty anyway.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

That bus must be getting really bloody.

I think there are still chunks of Foley's hair stuck to the front license plate.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

That would be the best thing ever...

Would never work. Remember, Foley is a chickenhawk. Craig is way too old for him.

As for the whole incident in general, I didn't realize people were still doing the bathroom cruising thing. And to hear about it on the news freaked me out. Next they'll be discussing the Hanky Code on CNN. God the silly things the gay community invented when we were deep in the closet.

But we have the internet now for anonymous hookups... bathroom meetings, parks, rest stops, etc... all outdated. Get with the times man!

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't see what's so duplicitous about being in favor of transfers of wealth.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    As for the whole incident in general, I didn't realize people were still doing the bathroom cruising thing. And to hear about it on the news freaked me out. Next they'll be discussing the Hanky Code on CNN. God the silly things the gay community invented when we were deep in the closet.

But we have the internet now for anonymous hookups... bathroom meetings, parks, rest stops, etc... all outdated. Get with the times man!

True. But, while I obviously can't speak from experience, I imagine when you're as deep in the closet as Craig is internet hookups might run a higher risk of exposure. He's better off keeping it both anonymous and spontaneous. Or so it would seem to me. Granted, this incident has shown that that carries its own risks...really there's only so deep in the closet you can expect to remain as a prominent public figure.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Gliese 581cGliese 581c Registered User new member
    edited September 2007
    We Idahoans have a proud history of sexually repressed public servants, lawmakers, and governors. cf. Mayor Brent Coles (1993-2003), 7th grade math teacher Kerry Forewood...hell even Ezra Pound was an anti-semite. Esto fucking Perpetua.

Gliese 581c on