As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Get Your Book On, Fool!

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My justice teacher is the angriest man in the world. I'm afraid that he might yell at me, kick my ass, and then assign me a paper.

And my lit teacher is the classiest southern gentlemen I have ever seen. He even has a monocle and everything.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    GenoForPrezGenoForPrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I took a philosophy class this semester just for kicks, and I swear that the professor is Lewis Black's long lost twin brother. The way he looks, his manner of speech, the way he moves, his perfect placement of expletives...

It's uncanny....

GenoForPrez on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My Professional Responsibility teacher is the most boring person on the face of the planet.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I just moved into my dorm room today. It's pretty nice actually! For a dorm room at least. My roommate doesn't move in until the weekend so now I'm just rolling around in a wheeled chair and shooting off my nerf gun at random.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    Chapter 3: You found a great big sandy desert and decided to call it "Great Sandy Desert".

Seriously.

God damn it Australia, you're so fucking creative when it comes to naming shit, but you just can't be fucking bothered when it comes to the big shit. Your mother and I are very disappointed in you.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Chapter 3: You found a great big sandy desert and decided to call it "Great Sandy Desert".

Seriously.

God damn it Australia, you're so fucking creative when it comes to naming shit, but you just can't be fucking bothered when it comes to the big shit. Your mother and I are very disappointed in you.
    I'm still pretty upset that we can't get "XXXX" beer here. When it comes to boozing, I'm not one for frills.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I moved into an apartment with 3 friends, it's not bad at all

plus i found a grocery store nearby that practically gives its food away it's so cheap

Classes I am taking

Intro to communications (GPA booster)
    Criminal Investigation
    Research methods of Criminology
    Juvenile Justice systems
    Children's Literature (GPA Booster/requirement for some weird reason)

Raneados on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dumb Hero wrote: »
    awesome Nevs.

I will maybe be going to classes at the local FAU campus in the spring.

Get my Journalism Degree.

Then uh...move to Seattle.

And hang my Degree in Nap's office.
    This is the only diploma in my office.
    naporeon

Doctor of Letters

naporeon on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    I moved into an apartment with 3 friends, it's not bad at all

plus i found a grocery store nearby that practically gives its food away it's so cheap

Classes I am taking

Intro to communications (GPA booster)
    Criminal Investigation
    Research methods of Criminology
    Juvenile Justice systems
    Children's Literature (GPA Booster/requirement for some weird reason)

where is this at

Jasconius on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    University of South Florida

also I'm headed to the police academy in a few months

also I'm working 70+ hours a week

I am officially knackered

Raneados on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    awesome Nevs.

naporeon

Doctor of Letters

I LOVE YOU

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I just transferred law schools and now I go to school in one of the shittiest neighborhoods in San Francisco. Entire blocks smell like urine, and even the pigeons that hang out here look dirtier than normal - I didn't think that was possible.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    okay I'm off to get a sandwich and then run as fast as I can for some cigarettes otherwise I'll have none for work

and that'd be balls suck

Raneados on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »
    naporeon wrote: »
    awesome Nevs.

naporeon

Doctor of Letters

I LOVE YOU
    SO WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF

naporeon on
  • Options
    SupramanSupraman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    guys what's high school like

what do i do

who do i buy drugs from
    who do i beat up

I'd give you advice but I go to prep school, and they differ from public highschools greatly. As for drugs find a sketchy kid and get his number. Boom.

I am going into my junior year, which translates into " if you dont found 2 clubs and run for class president and get straight A+doubleplusses then you WON'T GET INTO COLLEGE" this year is going to be a straight up bitch.

Supraman on
    Sellin my comics. PM for huge list and low low prices. this the is craaaaazy supraman suprasale. All TPBs. over 142 trades. Marvel DC Image.
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Supraman wrote: »
    guys what's high school like

what do i do

who do i buy drugs from
    who do i beat up

I'd give you advice but I go to prep school, and they differ from public highschools greatly. As for drugs find a sketchy kid and get his number. Boom.

I am going into my junior year, which translates into " if you dont found 2 clubs and run for class president and get straight A+doubleplusses then you WON'T GET INTO COLLEGE" this year is going to be a straight up bitch.

I went to the school in NYC for all the ridiculously smart kids so I probably can't give you much advice either.

Also no matter the school it's probably ridiculously easy to find someone to get drugs from.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I went to the school in NYC for all the ridiculously smart kids so I probably can't give you much advice either.

Stuyvesant? I hear from friends who went there that the school is pretty much wall-to-wall asians. Also, that the commute for some kids was ridiculous. Do you have the yellow feeee-vaaa?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »

Stuyvesant? I hear from friends who went there that the school is pretty much wall-to-wall asians. Also, that the commute for some kids was ridiculous. Do you have the yellow feeee-vaaa?

It wasn't all asians. There were russians and/or jews too.

Also my commute was an hour long for most of my time going there and wasn't anywhere near the longest. I'm just glad I didn't move to Staten Island until high school was all but over.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    dudes my C programming class is gonna be the shit!

tugga on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am working another year

i will shortly begin sending out applications to grad school for fall 2008

the wook on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    the wook wrote: »

Impossible. People who don't exist can't go to school.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    the wook wrote: »

Impossible. People who don't exist can't go to school.

D:

the wook on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well I graduated in June, got my BA in Economics. So now I'm going back to the local community college to learn another language.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My Intro to Sociology class seems easy, but good god is the professor a douche. He loves hearing himself talk, and seriously called the computer a "nerd box" then ranted about how it's the major cause of the downfall of social interactions, and how better things were before.

But at least it's an easy A, as long as I manage to avoid throwing something at him.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm posting from school right now.

Also...my school requires me to have a volunteer job to graduate. I've narrowed it down to working at a library's book sales and working at a old people's home...

Latter's more likely, I'm afraid.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm going to nerd it up and go for a Bachelor's in Software Engineering. Woo!

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    SoupSoup Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    guys i go to high school for the first time this year

woooooooooooooooo

hey cool me too

Zephyr can we be buds

Soup on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    holy fuck you guys are young

tugga on
  • Options
    allsportgame17allsportgame17 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    about to start my junior year, doubling in electrical and computer engineering.

this is actually my last week of work so i set myself up with some vacation time before i have to go (sept 22) :)

allsportgame17 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

woooooooooooooooo

hey cool me too

Zephyr can we be buds

I feel sorry for both of you.

High school sucked so bad. It's like taking a 4-year swim through an ocean of bullshit.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    High school was pretty rad actually.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »
    High school was pretty rad actually.
    Yeah, I liked it...

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    FrogFrog Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Which foriegn language do you guys recommend learning? I am thinking of learning Spanish so that when I go to Barselona (sp?) next year I will actually be able to communicate with the wonderful people there.

By the way, I am posting this from a Powerbook and this operating system is weird as hell. Neat, but wierd. It is my first time using it and i was thinking of getting one for college classes so i borrowed one from a friend.

Frog on
    EdwardEyesSig.jpg
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Frog wrote: »
    Which foriegn language do you guys recommend learning? I am thinking of learning Spanish so that when I go to Barselona (sp?) next year I will actually be able to communicate with the wonderful people there.

By the way, I am posting this from a Powerbook and this operating system is weird as hell. Neat, but wierd. It is my first time using it and i was thinking of getting one for college classes so i borrowed one from a friend.

Japanese. Totally.

<3 on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

once you spend time with it, you will never again actively choose Windows.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    IHasABucketIHasABucket Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Even though it's way less applicable in the real world, I really loved French, spent 6 weeks in Montreal and 3 around France and it was invaluable. YMMV.

Also, who gives a shit where you go to high school? I went to a HS in the middle of nowhere, PA, and got into one of the best compsci programs in the country... as long as you've got the grades and have some experience outside the classroom, you'll go where you want to go.

IHasABucket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

woooooooooooooooo

hey cool me too

Zephyr can we be buds

I feel sorry for both of you.

High school sucked so bad. It's like taking a 4-year swim through an ocean of bullshit.

maybe your high school was just gay

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Today's advisement session:

Student - "I heard GPAs are low here and that its pretty common for students to fail a class"
    Advisor - "Yes, that's true."

Sigh.
    I'm gonna lose my mind. :S

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    cSpoogecSpooge Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Im doing my Comp Sci degree with a concentration in computer security and a minor in pure mathematics specializing in Cryptography..... But my fall semester is a joke just to boost my GPA up :D

cSpooge on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    awesome Nevs.

You at PBCC now SH/DH?

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg