As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spiders! And other horrors from nature...

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Weird.

I thought the title of this thread said Soldiers not Spiders. I was wondering when I had posted in it.

On Topic: Fuck spiders.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    WalrusWalrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Of course the best giant centipede video is where one catches a bat out of mid-air.

Unfortunately the video has apparently been removed.

Seriously on
  • Options
    WalrusWalrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The, uh, video named "Giant Centipede Eviscerates Mouse" is accurately named. A spider will suck your fluids out, but these centipede bastards will fucking gut you.

Walrus on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Seriously wrote: »
    Of course the best giant centipede video is where one catches a bat out of mid-air.

Unfortunately the video has apparently been removed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PgLmUb5P_Ws

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Mr PeepersMr Peepers Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have a bad habit of finding bees with my feet.

I stepped on 3 in one week last summer. Why I didn't start wearing shoes after the first, who knows?

Mr Peepers on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The centipedes in King Kong freaked me the fuck out.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Mr PeepersMr Peepers Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    chasm wrote: »
    The centipedes in King Kong freaked me the fuck out.

Those fucking slug things that were swallowing the people were hard to watch...

Mr Peepers on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Those centipedes are freakin' sweet.

I think I like the fact that they can hold stuff with their front 10 or so legs and just walk around with it without any effort. It just looks cool.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, I wouldn't say I'm scared of spiders, it's more that they fucking disgust me.

When I saw Return Of The King for the first time in the theatre, and Shelob showed up, I'm not even kidding, I puked into my popcorn bucket.

#pipe on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    #pipe wrote: »
    Man, I wouldn't say I'm scared of spiders, it's more that they fucking disgust me.

When I saw Return Of The King for the first time in the theatre, and Shelob showed up, I'm not even kidding, I puked into my popcorn bucket.

you girl

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wren wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

you girl

.....women

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You know, I used to be afraid of spiders.

But spiders are fucking pussies compared to giant centipedes now.

Actually, I'm still afraid of spiders too.

monsterror on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This is what I do to spiders.
    IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

Because FUCK spiders.

dude, what is that? too small to be a fire extinguisher...

Its a can of compressed air, you know, like the kind you use to clean a computer. Except you hold it sideways or upsidedown (it takes finesse) and it shoots supercold liquid. I want to say its liquid CO2 but, well, I don't know science so thats probably wrong.

PS: Drunk fun on a Saturday night:
    th_MVI_0288-1.jpg

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fuck centipedes. When I grew up I lived in Florida, home of every nasty bug and creature, so it seemed. I had 3 tall stacks of game mags on the floor, next to my bed. Somehow they got knocked over and spread a couple of layers deep over a big part of the floor. Being a kid, I left them like that for a week. One night as I was drifting off to sleep I heard the sound of something running across the magazines. I turned on the light and it was a 10" long centipede. Cockroaches grossed me out but I could deal with them. The centipede... I lost it, I freaked the fuck out on it. Grabbed it with a paper towel, blindly flung it into the toilet and flushed a hundred times. All those.. those legs. I can practically feel them running up my arm, no. Just no.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    HeadlessHeadless Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, why all the spiderhate? Usefull things that generally leave you the fuck alone, and look how cute they are:Bold-Jumping-Spider-0001.jpg
    how can anyone be afraid of that little guy?

Headless on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Me.

I'm terrified of him.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    They are disgusting, hairy, crawly abominations of nature that ooze bile and filth from their every pore and would like nothing more than to paralyze you and suck out your juices while you're still alive.

#pipe on
  • Options
    HeadlessHeadless Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I, I just don't get it... I'd rather have a couple of spiders in my room than truckloads of disgusting flies, mosquitoes, moths and other disease carrying, food destroying and generally unhealthy bugs.
    Also, wasps and bees are completely awesome, and only scary if you're allergic.

Headless on
  • Options
    ZebesianPirateZebesianPirate Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That thing is terrible! And the name would indicate that it jumps.

ZebesianPirate on
    thrownroomsigss2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I am allergic to bees and yet they don't intimidate me at all.

I have punched a bee.

I know that the spiders I see aren't even venomous, but get them the fuck away while I run.

#pipe on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    There is at this very moment a huge goddamn spider somewhere in the bathroom, or possibly elsewhere if it decided to move on.

I feel uneasy.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i hate the way spiders move

their goddamn legs

eugh

spider-h8ters 4eva

Nuzak on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    About 2 weeks ago my wife and I were staying with her in-laws who live in Kansas. They live out in the country and are surrounded by thick trees for the most part.

The second day we were there I was taking a shower, minding my own business. When I just happened to move a bit and look down at the shower floor. Initially I thought I saw a large ball of hair....but no. What I really found was the biggest fucking spider I had ever seen. And even worse..the damn thing was RIGHT UNDER MY FOOT! The bastard had crawled under there after I started my shower and I just didn't notice.

Needless to say, I pretty much shrieked like a little girl.

Marathon on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    HA!

I turned off all images

Now the spiders can't get me D:

Janson on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    HA!

I turned off all images

Now the spiders can't get me D:

There are a ton of stories in here too Janson. You'd best just stay out.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    quick, somebody make a spider flash

NotASenator on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    About 2 weeks ago my wife and I were staying with her in-laws who live in Kansas. They live out in the country and are surrounded by thick trees for the most part.

The second day we were there I was taking a shower, minding my own business. When I just happened to move a bit and look down at the shower floor. Initially I thought I saw a large ball of hair....but no. What I really found was the biggest fucking spider I had ever seen. And even worse..the damn thing was RIGHT UNDER MY FOOT! The bastard had crawled under there after I started my shower and I just didn't notice.

Needless to say, I pretty much shrieked like a little girl.

How could a spider crawl under your foot without you noticing?!

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Spiders freak me out, but I've never been bitten by one. I've slept in the same room as a huntsman spider unknowingly (woke up to see it on the wall) and screamed like a girl, but for all my fear I've never been bitten. Bees, wasps, lizards (heheh JESUS FUCK LET GO UAARGHH) and centipedes, but never spiders.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man jumping spiders are like the most harmless spiders out there, plus most of them are only a little bigger than this capital O.

Little centipedes though. When I was a kid I once had a little centipede crawl into my shirt and even though it was small it still tried to eat me.

It's a terrible way to wake up.

House centipedes get the silver medal for scariest looking harmless thing ever, just losing out to tailless whip scorpion.

Seriously on
  • Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have no idea why this revelatory documentary on spiders hasn't been posted yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w5P-AUepVs

DrHookenstein on
    "He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    ZoltanisZoltanis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I used to be afraid of house centipedes, the little buggers ranged from an inch to around 5 inches and always ran around on the ceiling, just being creepy with all those legs. Eventually I got tired of killing them, and just let them have free nocturnal reign over my basements ceiling. They also liked living in my showers drain, so every now and then when I stepped into the shower naked and turned it on, a few seconds later a big old centipede would come crawling between my feet. At some point I just stopped caring, and just started taking my showers while they huddled in the corner. Silly little buggers.

Zoltanis on
  • Options
    candanaviancandanavian Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    who are you when you have become comfortable living alongside centipedes?

candanavian on
    firamedferris5.jpgfavicon.ico favicon.ico favicon.ico
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Centipedes man. . .too fast. Just too damn fast.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Giant centipedes are scary as hell looking, but almost entirely harmless to humans. In fact, most insects that are traditionally phobia-inducing in humans are fairly harmless to humans. BUT, the 1% that are dangerous to humans spoil it for every other insect.

Thus, the black widow has made us afraid of just about every spider. Kinda sad, really.

Now, that being said, if I saw a giant centipede, I'd run like a little girl, arms in the air and everything.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Tossrock wrote: »

How could a spider crawl under your foot without you noticing?!

I have no idea. The stealthy nature of the beast was probably the most horrifying part.

Marathon on
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i was laying in bed with a lady a couple weeks ago, and we just woke up.

so my eyes are full of sleep and im not fully awake yet, but i notice something black falling from the ceiling. as it got closer i saw it was a spider lowering itself on its web, and it was coming for our faces.

so i just told her not to move and it landed right beside her head, i then just picked it up and tossed it across my room and went back to sleep.

humble on
  • Options
    anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    humble wrote: »
    i was laying in bed with a lady a couple weeks ago, and we just woke up.

so my eyes are full of sleep and im not fully awake yet, but i notice something black falling from the ceiling. as it got closer i saw it was a spider lowering itself on its web, and it was coming for our faces.

so i just told her not to move and it landed right beside her head, i then just picked it up and tossed it across my room and went back to sleep.

Then you woke up later to find your lady friend wrapped in spider silk?

anable on