As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Worth getting customized Nvidia drivers? Which ones?

MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've got an XFX 8600 GT on its way to me and I was wondering if it is worth trying customized drivers with additional features, optimizations and whatever or to stick with the vanilla Nvidia set? Which customs do people recommend? I'd like to play fairly recent games but I'm not concerned about maxing out settings or anything. This is also not the place to tell me what a bad idea it was for me to order an 8600 GT, I don't care. Thanks in advance!

MarvellousM on

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I run beta drivers most of the time. Are there any feature you need in particular? Also the 8600 GT is a pretty damn good deal.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    I run beta drivers most of the time. Are there any feature you need in particular?
    Not sure, though I'd take performance over quality. I'm just wondering if there are any genuine advantages of one over another. I'm not terribly knowledgable about this sort of thing, for instance, why do you go with the beta drivers?
    Also the 8600 GT is a pretty damn good deal.
    I welcome comments like this also :)

MarvellousM on
  • Options
    sYnistersYnister Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i use the Z-Tweaked drivers with my BFG 6800gt. i dont know why, but the people at guru3d.com posted that they had the best image quality/performance for my card. go check them out

Nvidia 6x00 series

sYnister on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I go to guru3d for my drivers as well, I have the beta ones because for some reason the WHQL ones hate my motherboard right now.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg