As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cut my heart out and parade it before my enemies

• Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Just adding some context, as that section out of context paints the Declaration as some sort of "We hate the English for no fucking reason, here's our declaration to point this out".
    Instead it was a not so subtle warning to old Robbie.

Ginger Mijango on
  • HeliosphanHeliosphan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I know, i wasn't disputing this fact.
    i just loved seeing that painted on a wall in a museum.

honestly, I tingled inside

Heliosphan on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Something like 90% of the world's people are descended from royalty, so it isn't that big of a deal to be related to William the Conqueror.

Unless you last name is Tudor or something.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    uh wait what?
    Russia "winning" WW2?

uh yeah, waiting for America and England to establish a beachhead and a multi-part assault and then kinda laughing as hitler makes stupid decisions and then just marching on Berlin doesn't exactly count

You know, there was still that whole eastern theater hoop-dee-doo going on. While it was a combination of things, the Soviet Union's invasion of Manchuria was a big factor in the Japanese surrender, likely more than the atomic bombs.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My last name is Medina

I always wanted to know where this originates from, but I don't know how to get the info

[€dit] I know it is a holy city, I just don't know why I have it in my name. I am also not muslim so yeah.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Definition: 1) Dweller at or near the market; one who had returned from the market 2) From the city of Medina in western Saudi Arabia, the second most holy city of Islam. According to the Instituto Genealógico e Histórico Latino-Americano, the Medina surname originated principally in the Spanish areas of Burgos and Andalusia.

Ginger Mijango on
    edited September 2007
    Joon wrote: »
    uh wait what?
    Russia "winning" WW2?

uh yeah, waiting for America and England to establish a beachhead and a multi-part assault and then kinda laughing as hitler makes stupid decisions and then just marching on Berlin doesn't exactly count

You know, there was still that whole eastern theater hoop-dee-doo going on. While it was a combination of things, the Soviet Union's invasion of Manchuria was a big factor in the Japanese surrender, likely more than the atomic bombs.
    That and the fact that it was the USSR that marched on Berlin.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited September 2007
    hey look at that, I have spanish origins

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
    edited September 2007
    Joon wrote: »
    uh wait what?
    Russia "winning" WW2?

That and the fact that it was the USSR that marched on Berlin.

Yeah, it is pretty clear that the russians pretty much decimated the german warmachine. They lost so many people when achieving this (27 fucking million people) but the fact still stands.

Also, the turning point came in 1942, when (best op name ever) Operation Uranus was launched by the Soviets, and the German Sixth Army at Stalingrad was encircled.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • BearcatBearcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm related to General Custer is some way.

Bearcat on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY

That was the most insightful post in this thread.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
    edited September 2007
    Actually this thread's not too bad. I gambled and lost.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I know right

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited September 2007
    Let's make it worse, Wren.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Dead China DollDead China Doll Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    But couldn't the russians afford to lose people? They had such a large population to begin with. It seems like a benefit, less mouths to feed.

I'm not agreeing the bloodshed was called for, but the USSR was not known for cuddly ethics.

Dead China Doll on
    thechicken.gif
    edited September 2007
    Larlar wrote: »
    Let's make it worse, Wren.

okay

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited September 2007
    But couldn't the russians afford to lose people? They had such a large population to begin with. It seems like a benefit, less mouths to feed.

I'm not agreeing the bloodshed was called for, but the USSR was not known for cuddly ethics.

and germany had way too many jews to start with.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited September 2007
    Wren wrote: »

and germany had way too many jews to start with.

There's a theory that Hitler's use of jewish propaganda and extermination was purely economical since Germany was bankrupt at the time and everyone was looking for a job.

That and he was batshit insane. A part of me still finds it rather amusing that he was a vegetarian and was a strong animals-rights activist.

Dead China Doll on
    thechicken.gif
    edited September 2007
    King Kong was his favorite movie.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • WalrusWalrus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Indianapolis is the one that got eaten by sharks.

Walrus on
    edited September 2007
    King Kong was his favorite movie.

I bet he was into beastiality. Jesus.

I once read Mein Kampf because I was doing my Western Philosophy paper concerning what I felt to be the greater German threat - Mind Pollution of the youth. Did you know that if a family did not willingly give their child to Hitler Youth camps, they would be placed into concentration camps and their children would be taken anyways?) It fucked up a WHOLE generation of Germany since Hitler basically un-educated the youth since his philosophy was that education corrupted people. He knew that children were a part of his vision, and he implemented strong controls on children - bred them to be vicious, parent hating things. It's really fucked up, 1984 fucked up.

Dead China Doll on
    thechicken.gif
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, My father family were part of the Jews kicked out in Spain in the 14 ot 15th century. Then they came to the ottoman empire and lived there until they when to Germany. They left Germany in 1948 to Israel.

My mother's family were Russian Jew's who ran and came to Germany after WWI. They also left germany in 1948.

Katchem_ash on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Get 'em while they're young.

ChicoBlue on
    edited September 2007
    Well, My father family were part of the Jews kicked out in Spain in the 14 ot 15th century. Then they came to the ottoman empire and lived there until they when to Germany. They left Germany in 1948 to Israel.

My mother's family were Russian Jew's who ran and came to Germany after WWI. They also left germany in 1948.

Yeah. I'm french. Our history? We just keep killing ourselves and countries laugh at us for it. I lost count of how many civil wars we've had. It's like one big bar brawl. we just don't stop.

Dead China Doll on
    thechicken.gif
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007

Yeah. I'm french. Our history? We just keep killing ourselves and countries laugh at us for it. I lost count of how many civil wars we've had. It's like one big bar brawl. we just don't stop.

Your comparing The Jewish Holocost to the French? Are you serious?

Katchem_ash on
    edited September 2007
    Oh snap.

Some one may or may not have indirectly insulted Ketchum's Jewiness.

It's on now, bitches.

ChicoBlue on
    edited September 2007

Your comparing The Jewish Holocost to the French? Are you serious?

No, hardly. There's no comparison. Jews were being placed into forced extermination. The french were exterminating themselves for really dumb reasons.
    "You are catholic?? I shall kill you!"
    "You are rich? Death!"
    "You don't like waffles? Swallow the guillotine!"

It was a stupendous trend.

Dead China Doll on
    thechicken.gif
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    that was a terrible thing to say

Zonkytonkman on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I am German, Norwegian Scottish and Irish

The cream of the crop right there

Meissnerd on
    edited September 2007
    I recently discovered that I'm Metis.

ChicoBlue on
  • Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    jews have been basically persecuted nonstop for the past 2500 years

Randall_Flagg on
    edited September 2007
    That's less than half of their existence, and yet they whine so much.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
    edited September 2007
    I always found it tragically ironic that in the 1940s during the Zionist movement, the entire arab world was basically like 'HAHAHA GO GO GO TO ISRAEL! HAHA WE RID OURSELVES OF YOU! HAHA!'

Only to realize the jews they had kicked out were moving into a very good military strategic area over the entire gulf and the US was happily waiting at home with lots and lots and lots of weapons.

'HAHAHA -aww shitfuck.'

Dead China Doll on
    thechicken.gif
  • Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    i'm so fucking american

i have relations in the revolutionary war

fuck yeah

Ol' Sparky on
  • Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    i also had relations with the revolutionary war

she was pretty hot at the time

Ol' Sparky on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm related to Jesse James by marriage.

Metzger Meister on
    edited September 2007

why would you go and marry that man?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wren wrote: »

why would you go and marry that man?

he really knows how to handle a pistol. :winky:

Metzger Meister on
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Some of my ancestors fought for the South during the Civil War

Sorry about that black people

Lemming on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular