As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Logical Phallacy - What you can't seer can hurt you (EVIL VICTORY!)

1101112131416»

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thoreau wrote:
    Thaw with his gentle persuasion is more powerful than Thor with his hammer. The one melts, the other but breaks in pieces.

!retract PRËTËNTIÖüS.
    !vote TehSpectre.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    !retract tehspectre
    !vote PRËTËNTIÖüS.

Fembot on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    And it all comes to an end. This has been fun, and I lasted a surprisingly long time.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fembot wrote: »
    !retract tehspectre
    !vote PRËTËNTIÖüS.

Too slow!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    man, I was the only one supposed to be last-second vote switching here! >_>

Fembot on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Now, the question is, what did TS do?

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Fembot wrote: »
    !retract tehspectre
    !vote PRËTËNTIÖüS.

Too slow!

or was I!?

Fembot on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fembot has been seered as good

TehSpectre was voted off and slain.
    thorgot was slain.

One evil died today.

Fembot kills PRËTËNTIÖüS and is the last man standing! He is evil! Fembot and MrBallbaggins are victorious!

cheez on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Bah, it was worth a shot.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Wait, did TS actually send in for Fembot? Because that was our chance for victory.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I PMed TS in a last-ditch effort to win.
    thorgot wrote:
    I have come up with a foolproof way of ensuring one or both of us wins, so I see no reason to remain hidden. Here is how I see this going down:

We both vote for Marx, tying the vote. That gives you a fifty percent chance of surviving until tomorrow. You target Fembot with your kill, I'll target Marx.

So the possible outcomes if you go along with this will be:
    1. You are killed by vote. Marx is killed by me, so it is a victory for my team.
    2. Marx is killed by vote. Fembot is killed by you. We share a joint victory. (I asked cheez, and he confirmed this.)

If you instead target me, you're making a villager victory possible, and not increasing your own chances of victory at all.

I'm going to be fairly busy today, so I will put in my vote and kill order for Marx right now. Hopefully I'll be able to check in at some point before the vote closes, so feel free to shoot me a PM.

He was clearly more clever than me.

Out of curiosity, what were the orders for the last night?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Fembot killed TS; TS killed you.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Thanks a bunch for taking thorgot out, TS. :^:

Fembot on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Role distribution:

Evil team 1: Fembot, MrBallbaggins
    Evil team 2: Aldo, TehSpectre

True seers: B:L, DevoutlyApathetic, Grundlterror
    Naive seers: PRËTËNTIÖüS, Squashua, MrBlarney
    Paranoid seers: Bliss 101, thorgot, Ardor
    Insane seers: Hakkekage, Zot, FunkyWaltDogg

cheez on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    I PMed TS in a last-ditch effort to win.
    thorgot wrote:
    I have come up with a foolproof way of ensuring one or both of us wins, so I see no reason to remain hidden. Here is how I see this going down:

We both vote for Marx, tying the vote. That gives you a fifty percent chance of surviving until tomorrow. You target Fembot with your kill, I'll target Marx.

So the possible outcomes if you go along with this will be:
    1. You are killed by vote. Marx is killed by me, so it is a victory for my team.
    2. Marx is killed by vote. Fembot is killed by you. We share a joint victory. (I asked cheez, and he confirmed this.)

If you instead target me, you're making a villager victory possible, and not increasing your own chances of victory at all.

I'm going to be fairly busy today, so I will put in my vote and kill order for Marx right now. Hopefully I'll be able to check in at some point before the vote closes, so feel free to shoot me a PM.

He was clearly more clever than me.

Out of curiosity, what were the orders for the last night?

Ah, you were trying to convince him that you were the other bad guy?

MrBallbaggins had PM'd TS last night in an attempt to work with him, and asked him to take you out - TS was sick, but reading that today he'd know that you weren't the other badguy (and since both you and I were the only paranoid/evil guys left, it was either you or me).

Fembot on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You know what was funny about the night 1 vote between Grundlterror and Fembot? Grundlterror never retracted this vote that Drez left for him, which I specifically stated carried over as if he'd cast it himself. He was voting for himself all day =P. Turned out not to matter because DA switched his vote at the end of the day, but I was still greatly entertained by this.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    We had pretty bad luck in regards to the lack of inter-villain crossfire. Also, people voted Ardor out. Stupid people. :/

edit: Also, DA broke the tie between Fembot and Grundy onto Grundy. D:

P10 on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Godammit if only the tie killed them both at once

We coulda had a chance man

Anyway, this is the end of Phalla for me for a while. It would have been nice to have won *snide*

PS I am sorry for screwing it all up if I had sent in that seer order on Day 2 maybe I could have figured out I was insane earlier and caught one of the baddies early on :(

PS I was really, really torn between thorgot and Fembot. I knew Fembot in my guts, but dammit thorgot if your PM did not send all the hairs on my neck on end.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Right, that's why it didn't matter. However, I'll reiterate that he wasn't actually breaking a tie.

Edit: This being in response to Marx.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    cheez wrote: »
    Right, that's why it didn't matter. However, I'll reiterate that he wasn't actually breaking a tie.

Edit: This being in response to Marx.
    Oh, right. Well, I still blame him, because he could have tied it up, but he didn't. That jerk. (also he thought he was breaking the tie, so that makes me guilty and evil)

P10 on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I thought it was funny that spreadsheet master Blarney was double-killed on the first day, and then Squashua proceeded to unveil his ultra PIE charts of doom.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Also hi5 MBB, it was fun ;D

edit: jesus shit where are my manners? thanks cheez and frosteey!

Fembot on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    PS I am sorry for screwing it all up if I had sent in that seer order on Day 2 maybe I could have figured out I was insane earlier and caught one of the baddies early on :(

I'm going to unspoiler this because it allows me to segue into the nitty-gritty logic aspect of the game.

Guys, the night two fuckup by Hakkekage and Zot was a screaming opportunity for the village. If anybody had bothered to examine the results more closely, you would have noticed that one of them seered TehSpectre as good. It happened to be Hakkekage, but it really didn't matter which it was, because they both seered themselves as evil on the first day. This should have allowed you to establish very early on that either {Hakkekage or TehSpectre} were evil or {Zot or TehSpectre} were evil. I was waiting for somebody to jump on this, but the Aldo-Ardor debate must have stolen the spotlight that day.

And by the way, Aldo, I was very impressed with that gutsy play. It worked beautifully.

cheez on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sup folks! Aw, I lost?

I was hoping Thorgot was evil so that I would take a chance in killing him and surviving the tied vote for a crazy, 3 days outted as evil badguy victory.

Ah well, evil still won. Huzzah!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, sitting on the sidelines was interesting, in the sense that I wanted to scream at everyone for not fully analyzing the situation. ;-) Nah, you guys did fairly good. In a perfect world, I think baddies would have a lesser chance to win, considering the amount of seering going around. Glad to see that at least the basic components of the self-seer good <--> self-seer evil plan were carried out, and Squashua did a nice job with that part of the plan. I'd like to see this kind of game again sometime, it's an interesting premise. Though I get the feeling I'll still be doublekilled if I participated in another. :lol: I overestimate myself though. My performance in the French Revolution Phalla is evidence of that!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You did a good job, Hakke. Sorry for putting the burden on your shoulders, but you and Pretentious were the only ones I could trust...and Pretentious wouldn't trust me. :P

It was down to the evil teams to decide who would win, though. :|

Too bad for us that Spectre gave up and gave the other evil team the win. *GRUDGE GRUDGE*

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thank you, Cheez and Frosteey, for hosting this excellent Phalla.

Thank you, Fembot, for being the best partner a nutsack could ask for.

Thank you, Dethkok, for believing in me when it truly mattered.

With all that having been said; FUCK YEAH!

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thanks Cheez, I figured it was worth a shot. I think I was cackling for a good 5 minutes when I woke up the night after the village had voted Ardor off and the other baddies hadn't killed me. :P

MrBalls, Fembot, why didn't you kill me? Did you assume the village would trust Ardor more than me and decided to not be around during the time the vote closed?

B:L played really smart this game. When he tried to convince me me and my "partner" should kill TS I got all defensive, giving him the proof that me and TS were in one team. I should have just not replied or something. :( It's kind of annoying that I knew that Fembot was evil, because B:L told me, but me and TS sort of decided to shoot B:L instead, this game would have turned out very different if we had killed Fembot.

It was a great game and I had a lot of fun, thanks for hosting this Cheez and Frosteey. :^:

Aldo on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DA always has it out for me :(

When I replaced Drez Cheez basically told me I didn't have a chance.

For some reason I thought I did vote.... :(

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    B:L played really smart this game.
    I play smart EVERY game. It just so happens that there's a fine line between insanity and genius...and I dance around both sides so I tend to get killed/voted off too early to do much. :P

I was trying to drop hints for you to kill Fembot. The only way for the village to win at that point was if the evils turned on each other. But I guess Spectre wanted Fembot to live at the end.

WHAT A WORLD :lol:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

In this case it was less what you were doing than what Drez had done. I know (and have watched him repeatedly) take the aggressively argumentative stance while evil, given no other real evidence...

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

In this case it was less what you were doing than what Drez had done. I know (and have watched him repeatedly) take the aggressively argumentative stance while evil, given no other real evidence...
    Also DA, I killed you. (Of course.)

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Yeah, like I said Cheez told me that Drez had already dug me a nice grave D:

Although, I'm sure the fact that it was me was an added bonus for you >_<

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Woo, my fuckup sort of did something good.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I thought it was funny that spreadsheet master Blarney was double-killed on the first day, and then Squashua proceeded to unveil his ultra PIE charts of doom.

Quality over quantity, man.

Squashua on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

Was the spelling of PIE just a coincidence, or a coldy calculated nefarious scheme?

Frosteey on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

Was the spelling of PIE just a coincidence, or a coldy calculated nefarious scheme?

It was originally PIB(ad)

It ended up PIE because I kept making pointless distinguishing between "Evil", "Bad" and "Guilty".

Squashua on
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This was very interesting to watch. Good show everyone!

Qorzm on