As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Meeting New People

KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
edited December 2017 in Help / Advice Forum
So I just arrived to college a few weeks ago. Unfortunately during orientation I was gone most of the time. I would like to start meeting new freshmen. Any tips?

Katholic on

• Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This was the same situation for me as I was in marching band camp my first two weeks of school.

Just start talkin to people in your classes to meet people in your major. You should notice that some people might have your same schedual. I remember my first class at the end i just yelled out whos going to bla bla bla after this. Two of my now best homies followed me to our next aerospace class.

Also just hang around your dorm and shit at night. When people are talkin till 5am talk with em. Poke your head in peoples rooms, go to little shit your RA has set up.

The one thing i leared is that it is hella easy to meet people. You jsut have to bust out and go do it.

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Join clubs and organizations, go to parties. Tag along with the freshmen party trains if they're still happening, I doubt anyone would care at this point. Write articles for the campus newspaper or another periodical. Come up with dumb reasons to talk to your neighbors in class (can I see your notes?). Leave the door to your room open when you're in, and hang out in a visible common room a lot.

I think that the radio is usually a great place to meet people on most campuses, as it tends to attract the cool people from all the little cliques.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • CasketCasket __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Look at this theory, it's like a ladder.

Level 1 (no friends)

Clubs
    Open doors
    Classes

Level 2 (some friends)

Events
    Discussions
    Group Study
    Bars

Level 3 (many friends)

Parties
    Vacations
    Football Games
    Group Transportation

Level 4 (too many friends)

Escapism
    Sarging
    Smoke breaks
    Tactical Exclusionism

Casket on
    casketiisigih1.png
  • tracertongtracertong Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Get a campus job for ~10 hours per week

tracertong on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You could do worse than try the Rodney Dangerfield method.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!