Options

Metroid Prime 3 Retro Review

2»

• Options
    Strange AttractorStrange Attractor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Totally agree with the OP here. I also miss the interconnectivity of the world. I mean that's the whole point of metroid. They got it perfect in the first game. They made it to convoluted in the second and now they've swung all the way to the other extreme. LOL at the people complaining about getting lost and the "long" backtracking (are you kidding me?). Welcome to Metroid, the door to leave is that way -->. Also Retro - If I turn hints off THAT MEANS I DON'T WANT ANY #%@! HINTS SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU GOD DAMNED AURORA UNIT I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR SHIT I'M TRYING TO PLAY FUCKING METROID FUCK YOU RETRO.

I'm still enjoying it though.

Not everyone has the time and/or willingness to finish a game in a small time frame. Stopping play of Metroid Prime for a few days meant that you were probably completely lost when you started playing again. I finished the first planet of MP3 this weekend And I know that I won't be lost when I continue my game, even if the next time I play is in 1 week or more.

And so Retro didn't cater to your purist desires. Welcome to MP3, the door is that way -->

Oh honey you're so clever.

Strange Attractor on
    Hi.
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    august wrote: »
    Why does this dude get his own thread?

Because that's how things are these days at G&T.

I'm not going to say it's bad, either, because that means I get to make a thread like this in the future some time when I feel like it.

slash000 on
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    august wrote: »
    Why does this dude get his own thread?

I vote we turn it into a Hunters [Game On].

For no apparent reason.
    It couldn't be that I've only played multiplayer once or twice.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Evander wrote: »
    First off - I'd like to point out there is not a Metroid for DS and if there is I need someone to provide links to it's purchase NOW.

Whoever decided to can Metroid Dread is my arch-nemesis, even if it turns out to be Shigsy himself.

I know it's been said before, but in MP3 there's a place you scan that says something to the extent: "Metroid Dread is nearing completion."

urahonky on
  • Options
    Martin Lawrence OliverMartin Lawrence Oliver Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    First off - I'd like to point out there is not a Metroid for DS and if there is I need someone to provide links to it's purchase NOW.

Whoever decided to can Metroid Dread is my arch-nemesis, even if it turns out to be Shigsy himself.

I know it's been said before, but in MP3 there's a place you scan that says something to the extent: "Metroid Dread is nearing completion."

Funny how much of a stir this has caused among fans.

Martin Lawrence Oliver on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    urahonky wrote: »

Funny how much of a stir this has caused among fans.

To be honest, I've never heard anything about this Metroid Dread thing. I just remember reading that when I scanned a computer. :) Stuck with me for some reason.

urahonky on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Metroid Dread. Sounds like an anti-Metroid virus or something.

Where in the game was this computer scanned? Like, a Federation computer or a Pirate computer?

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    slash000 wrote: »
    Metroid Dread. Sounds like an anti-Metroid virus or something.

Where in the game was this computer scanned? Like, a Federation computer or a Pirate computer?

Pirate area. Where the metroids came out... Upper level, near the white door. I think... I'll have to look again, but I'm sure that's where it was.

urahonky on
  • Options
    BrilliantInsanityBrilliantInsanity Charleston, WVRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yes, where the metroids come out, upper level near the lower door on the second floor..SCANNY SCAN SCAN.

Also: same place SR388 is mentioned on the disected metroids on the lower level...

also: Stop bitching. Babies. Metroid Prime 3 is fun. For all "purists" whining about lack of suit upgrades, and 94832793475 suits and beams to use, I lol.

Play the Original Metroid ever? word. 1 suit upgrade, Longbeam and wave beam or ice beam to go with it, bombs and missiles.. Ice beam if you plan to kill metroids.

Yeah..... word.

BrilliantInsanity on
    steam_sig.png

Sixty -40- on Origin for some ME3 goodness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/brilliantinsanity/
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Qingu wrote: »
    Also, the Aurora Unit:
    What a wasted story element. This is Mother Brain, the original Metroid villain! First of all, why was the identity of the AU revealed so early? This should have been a HUGE surprise! Imagine getting instructions from this faceless AI throughout the game only to discover 3/4 of the way through that it's MOTHER BRAIN. Secondly, why did they fail to capitalize on all the potential gameplay elements a pernicious AI unit would foster? Haven't they seen 2001? Thirdly, what the hell was up with the last boss? Where is our brain-in-glass-cage fight, and why do we have to fight a nonsensical spinalcord-snake-brain thing?

I almost feel like the whole AU-as-Mother-Brain thing was tacked on late into the production cycle, just like Ganon obviously was in Twilight Princess.

Actually
    I thought it became pretty clear that Mother Brain wasn't an AU. Think about it: the way the game is presented, the AU on the Valhalla is the first one ever stolen by Pirates. So if that's the first one the Pirates got their hands on, how could Samus have fought one on Zebes? It was never a Federation world, so it wasn't already there for the Pirates to capture. And the Valhalla AU is destroyed at game's end, so it can't be the one from Super Metroid.

They may look similar, but Mother Brain is almost certainly not an Aurora Unit.

Green on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Green wrote: »
    Also, the Aurora Unit:
    What a wasted story element. This is Mother Brain, the original Metroid villain! First of all, why was the identity of the AU revealed so early? This should have been a HUGE surprise! Imagine getting instructions from this faceless AI throughout the game only to discover 3/4 of the way through that it's MOTHER BRAIN. Secondly, why did they fail to capitalize on all the potential gameplay elements a pernicious AI unit would foster? Haven't they seen 2001? Thirdly, what the hell was up with the last boss? Where is our brain-in-glass-cage fight, and why do we have to fight a nonsensical spinalcord-snake-brain thing?

I almost feel like the whole AU-as-Mother-Brain thing was tacked on late into the production cycle, just like Ganon obviously was in Twilight Princess.

Actually
    I thought it became pretty clear that Mother Brain wasn't an AU. Think about it: the way the game is presented, the AU on the Valhalla is the first one ever stolen by Pirates. So if that's the first one the Pirates got their hands on, how could Samus have fought one on Zebes? It was never a Federation world, so it wasn't already there for the Pirates to capture. And the Valhalla AU is destroyed at game's end, so it can't be the one from Super Metroid.

C'mon, you're just pointing out plot holes, Aurora units clearly=Mother Brain units. This stuff isn't exactly written to be throughly examined.

Darlan on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Darlan wrote: »
    Also, the Aurora Unit:

Actually

C'mon, you're just pointing out plot holes, Aurora units clearly=Mother Brain units. This stuff isn't exactly written to be throughly examined.

Or it could have been a deliberately misleading tease. LOST does that all the time.

Green on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Darlan wrote: »
    Also, the Aurora Unit:

Actually

Or it could have been a deliberately misleading tease. LOST does that all the time.
    The manga(which may or may not be canon) shows mother brain as created by Chozo(The Braniac to their Krypton) I would imagine that Aurora unit are supposed to be Federation attempts to recreate Chozo tech.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    why couldn't this have gone in the metroid prime 3 thread?

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
This discussion has been closed.