As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Algebra for the retard

brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm gearing up to start school soon (college) and a few of my classes are going to be algebra ones. I have had a huge problem with this my entire life. I am wondering if there is any reading material or memorization methods to help me get prepared for this stuff.

Like I said this has been a life long problem and I think now in my life I have the mental fortitude and the desire to become at least semi-proficient. Its been about 6 years since I have really delt with the stuff so any material suggested I would like for it to start at the basics. Thanks in advance for all your PA.

brandotheninjamaster on

• Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    0764553259.jpg

Really though, algebra is an exercise in problem solving skills. Remember the basic things: Order of Operations (parentheses, exponents, multiplication/division, addition/subtraction), and the pythagorean therom and you should be good.

Like I said, algebra is essentially nothing but problem solving skill development. You must remember this in the class or you will never understand any of it.

Do any homework you are assigned, and purchase a solutions manual (the problems are usually worked out in those). Also, use the problems not assigned as practice. Get a tutor, and visit the professor if you have any questions.

Thats pretty much what you should do if you are having a problem (or think you will have a problem) with a class.

Soggybiscuit on
    Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA