As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fruit Fiend Arena

super...super... __BANNED USERS regular
edited September 2007 in Critical Failures
hey people
I told jerry about this idea and he said DO IT (caps mine) so I started to do it.

Here is my new project.
Fruit Fiend Arena
ffa-promo.jpg

Questions? Comments? Flames?

super... on

• Options
    FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fruit Fiend Arena

Allo allo allo, whats goin on 'ere then? :o

Is it a game you're going to try and make or something?

If its a model for the fun of it, nice job but maybe the wrong forum.

(it's pretty good though)

Fletcher on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Judging by his other posts and his website, I'm guessing it's a tabletop game, with a punch-out-and-assemble FF. I don't see how it would need that detailed a game piece, but I suppose there could be some novelty to it.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    it's a table top game I'm working on (look to the sig for a link) just a little fan project.

I'm looking for play testers so anyone interested post here or pm me

super... on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I <3 Papercraft and machines that have sex with fruit, so this post is win/win for me.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    badaman!

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    isn't this both spam and something that doesn't belong in G&T?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    KimFidlerKimFidler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This is awesome.

KimFidler on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

well this is the board to discuss games (of all sorts) and to make announcements.
    Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

it's good to see someone like you supporting indy gaming though

super... on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    super... wrote: »

well this is the board to discuss games (of all sorts) and to make announcements.

No, this is better suited for Of Dice and Men, the forum to discuss board, card and roleplaying games. Additionally, the rules explicitly state "NO SITEWHORING."

:arrow:

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Right, but I don't think that of dice and men has nearly as many casual readers as G&T. Not to mention, this is pretty cool. Also, because he's doing a fan project, not trying to sell us things, and is essentially asking for 'beta testers', I think this would be hard to classify as site whoring. I'm definitely interested in checking this out.

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • Options
    NarketNarket __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    yeah, i don't see a problem with any of this. i look forward to seeing it all finished as well. good luck, and if i am able to test, or help, i'd love to.

Narket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    super... wrote: »

Stop being so bloody defensive, he isn't attacking you because this is "indy", he's just saying that you should most likely post this in the correct forum, and if you aren't Site Whoring then you should make a clearer OP as that is what this looks like.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Quit nagging at the guy, would be cool if he got mod support ahead of time, but he didnt expressively site whore or anything. It sounds like a cool idea, can you give us more info on the actual game?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    No, this is better suited for Of Dice and Men, the forum to discuss board, card and roleplaying games. Additionally, the rules explicitly state "NO SITEWHORING."

They also state SIT DOWN IN THE BACK SEAT, SON, BECAUSE DADDY'S DRIVING THIS FORUM.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ok so i may as well post a few details about this game.

The game will play out like a small skirmish miniatures game. likely three fruit fiends per side for the smallest game

The game it's self will be using some really sweet new devices to actually play the game. it's a miniatures system i call Action Rule. It places all the important character information directly on the rulers used to move figures and check ranges. Each figure you add to your team provides a new ruler and a number of action chips. These chips not only track what has taken place during a turn but are also flipped over to to resolve combat in a new way. They also keep teams balanced because the stronger a figure the weaker the chips they add to your draw pool.

The initial set of Fruit Fiend Arena will only have three types of Fruit Fiends. If it's popular I would love to take the time and develop more Fruit Fiends for the game along with rules that would make it like a cockfighting league with people earning money and betting on other players fights and possibly buying upgrades and enhancements for their team.

super... on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Well you have 11 months until the next PAX to flesh out the rules and packaging. I would say that plasticard would be ideal, but possibly hard for a personal project to mass produce. (Something like what Pirates of the Crimson Coast and Star Wars constructible games use)

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't know what this is but I like it.

Those are beauty

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!