As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Socks for Bigfoot

DrezDrez Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So...I have big feet. I wear size 14 shoes.

The thing is, I cannot find socks that fit "properly" or "well" or "painlessly." Everything seems to be size 6-12 or whatever, max, at least in every local store I've looked in.

Anyone know where I can get socks? I primarily need dress socks - I've grown accustomed to not wearing white socks with sneakers - but I kinda sorta have to wear socks to work. Anyway, suggestions for both would be fine but I'm mostly concerned with finding appropriately-sized dress socks. Or as Flight of the Conchords would call them "business socks."

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
Drez on

• Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Big and tall shop or the interwebs have sizes up to 16 without much trouble. The irony is that when you go from 9-12 to 13-16, you'll be on the smaller end so the socks may be too loose and baggy.

Or maybe it was just me...

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've never really had any problems finding 13-16 socks in, like, department stores. Even dress socks.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It must be a new york thing. They only stock clothing for model types here.

Seriously though I've looked in various department store chains (JC Penny's, Macy's, etc.) and have given up. I even looked in Men's Warehouse (Wearhouse?) which stocks some bigger stuff for bigger guys but no socks about the 6-12 range.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar