Options

So you thought you were the only one?

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I eat food that has a spread or flavoring upside down.

Pizza, cinnamon rolls, toast, whatever, I don't eat it flavor side up. If you eat it upside down then your tongue gets the most flavor!

I just take a bite and have my tongue flip it over. Makes less mess (no dripping pizzas) and gets my tongue a little extra dexterity.

Veevee on
  • Options
    WindbitWindbit Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    suilimeA wrote: »
    I really, really enjoy squeezing black-heads.

I have to not do it, because they invariable become pimples if I do, but goddamn there are few things more satisfying in this world than a glob of cebum being excreted from one of your pores.

That's gross.

And I know exactly what you mean. It feels great for some reason.

Windbit on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Veevee wrote: »
    I eat food that has a spread or flavoring upside down.

Pizza, cinnamon rolls, toast, whatever, I don't eat it flavor side up. If you eat it upside down then your tongue gets the most flavor!

I just take a bite and have my tongue flip it over. Makes less mess (no dripping pizzas) and gets my tongue a little extra dexterity.

:winky:

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MrBeelzyMrBeelzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    When in the car I usually only listen to the first minute of the song and change it. If I don't have an mp3 cd, I'll usually burn through an entire cd on the drive to school. As far as volume goes, even numbers, or multiples of five, or multiples of eleven (which I have tried to explain to people as honorary even numbers) are all fair game.
    I eat my food/candy in separated groups. I can't stand it when people pick a bit of everything from the plate onto their fork and eat it. As a kid, I used to count my cereal (assuming it was something like corn pops, and not rice crispies or something) and if I didn't get an even number I would pour another bowl until I finally got it right. The bowls would get smaller and smaller until I was late for school.
    I also count stairs, and take them in two's on the way up.
    Also cracking knuckles, if I touch the webbing between two fingers I have to even it up by doing it to all of them, and I am always rubbing my solar plexus (since I was a kid, it has been the only real compultion, if I don't do it I feel seriously wrong and unven).

MrBeelzy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    MrBeelzy wrote: »
    I eat my food/candy in separated groups.

I think a lot of people did that at some point in their lives. I used to until I was... 14 or so.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Every once in a while, I'll be faced with a decision that I know is philosophically meaningless but still can't actually come to a conclusion on. Things like two enjoyable options for lunch, for instance. In that case, I'll take out a coin (or, failing that, toss a pen or anything good and binary), assign a side to both options, and toss it.

Invariably, I contradict the outcome. If the coin comes up option A, I go with option B. I still have no idea why I do it.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Foxy_Roxy wrote: »
    Murphy wrote: »
    All of the clothes in my closet face to the left, are all evenly spaced, and the hangers all face inward. I do it, because that's the way it's supposed to be done. I blame years of retail.

When I eat M&Ms, I first separate them all by color. Then I sort them into evenly numbered groups by color, and any extras are given away to someone else. I don't want any dirty non-evenly numbered M&Ms.

Anyway, then I eat one of each color until I've finished them all.

When I eat M&Ms, I sperate them by color. Then I eat one from the group that has the largest amount. But I can't eat the same twice in a row. So I go to the next largest. If to groups match in size, I eat one of the LIGHTER color. I repeat this process until all M&Ms are gone. I do this with skittles, too.

At work, is i don't have money in a multiple of five, I ask guys for a tip. Just 0ne or three more dollars. I hate having extra ones for some reason.

Man, I do this too- and I definitely thought I was the only one. I don't have the rule with the lighter color, though, and I make sure that the last one I eat is of the color I had the fewest of to begin with- because it's rarest, and as such most valuable.

I'm also ridiculously picky about apples- I can't stand bruises, and just the idea of rotten food of any kind disgusts me. I can't stand to see milk left out, even if it's just when someone's eating breakfast.

In most other things, I'm a total slob.

My girlfriend has some odd tendencies, too. When she sets an alarm, she checks and double checks it to make sure it's right. And then checks again, And then makes me check it a couple times. And then... you get the idea. This normally all takes place in a 30 second timespan.

Tarantio on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Tarantio wrote: »
    I'm also ridiculously picky about apples- I can't stand bruises, and just the idea of rotten food of any kind disgusts me.

I'm picky about lots of fruits, but especially strawberries. Which is unfortunate because it's pretty hard to find perfect strawberries. A lot of times I'll end up tossing half of a box of strawberries because they have too many physical imperfections.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Foxy_Roxy wrote: »
    All of the clothes in my closet face to the left, are all evenly spaced, and the hangers all face inward. I do it, because that's the way it's supposed to be done. I blame years of retail.

When I eat M&Ms, I first separate them all by color. Then I sort them into evenly numbered groups by color, and any extras are given away to someone else. I don't want any dirty non-evenly numbered M&Ms.

Anyway, then I eat one of each color until I've finished them all.

When I eat M&Ms, I sperate them by color. Then I eat one from the group that has the largest amount. But I can't eat the same twice in a row. So I go to the next largest. If to groups match in size, I eat one of the LIGHTER color. I repeat this process until all M&Ms are gone. I do this with skittles, too.

At work, is i don't have money in a multiple of five, I ask guys for a tip. Just 0ne or three more dollars. I hate having extra ones for some reason.

Man, I do this too- and I definitely thought I was the only one. I don't have the rule with the lighter color, though, and I make sure that the last one I eat is of the color I had the fewest of to begin with- because it's rarest, and as such most valuable.

I'm also ridiculously picky about apples- I can't stand bruises, and just the idea of rotten food of any kind disgusts me. I can't stand to see milk left out, even if it's just when someone's eating breakfast.

In most other things, I'm a total slob.

My girlfriend has some odd tendencies, too. When she sets an alarm, she checks and double checks it to make sure it's right. And then checks again, And then makes me check it a couple times. And then... you get the idea. This normally all takes place in a 30 second timespan.

I set three alarms and check them constantly.
    I do this self pat thing every 10 minutes or so to make sure my wallet/car keys/cellphone/checkbook are not missing. I started this odd behavior after losing my wallet ( with money and fucking license and SSN card ) three times D:
    If I don't stop forgetting shit I will eventually run out of my 10 per life time of SSN cards D:

I also group my skittles by color and then eat them in a vertical order while making sure that the number is even :lol:

I think we all have weird ticks.
    OCD is to the point where it hinders your daily living.
    Also, hoarding is a form of OCD, this I did not know until recently.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Neaden wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    When I go out to eat with other people, I refuse to order my food until everyone else has, because I hate ordering the same food as someone else. I usually only break this rule if I know I'm getting something that other people won't get, or if we're somewhere with very limited choices. My wife will sometimes change her order to the same thing I order. An Abbot and Costello type routine generally results. :P
    I do this as well. I also always push down the coke/diet/whatever things they have on drink tops.
    Anyone else have M&M fights? You just take two M&Ms and press them together until one of them breaks, the winner is then set off to the side and the process is repeated as a single elimination style tournament. I don't have to do this with my M&Ms, but it's definitely part of the benefit of eating them.
    I can honestly say I thought I was the only one.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm also ridiculously picky about apples- I can't stand bruises, and just the idea of rotten food of any kind disgusts me.

I'm picky about lots of fruits, but especially strawberries. Which is unfortunate because it's pretty hard to find perfect strawberries. A lot of times I'll end up tossing half of a box of strawberries because they have too many physical imperfections.

Fruit that is the slightest bit damaged is really disgusting. "Meh" apples are almost unedible, whereas good apples are like crunchy orgasms in your mouth.

Also, grapes.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I HATEHATEHATE bruised apples. I used to beg my mother (when I was 6, 7) to peel my apples so that I could check to make sure there were not bruised bits, because I'd be physically sick at the thought of eating the brown bits.

Even now, I'll buy a bag of apples and cut off the peel in sections with a knife (eating as I go), and cut out any bruised bits. Then I'll slice off nice big crispy chunks of white juicy apple flesh to eat, safe in the knowledge it's all good. =)

devoir on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    I HATEHATEHATE bruised apples. I used to beg my mother (when I was 6, 7) to peel my apples so that I could check to make sure there were not bruised bits, because I'd be physically sick at the thought of eating the brown bits.

Even now, I'll buy a bag of apples and cut off the peel in sections with a knife (eating as I go), and cut out any bruised bits. Then I'll slice off nice big crispy chunks of white juicy apple flesh to eat, safe in the knowledge it's all good. =)

Bruises are fine in my book, but dear god I hate apple skins.

yalborap on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    When someone starts explaining something to me that I already know, I want to smack them. Instead, I just tell them I understand, or I know, or something along those lines. If they continue, I upgrade from a slap, to wanting to rip their throat out.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I do this self pat thing every 10 minutes or so to make sure my wallet/car keys/cellphone/checkbook are not missing. I started this odd behavior after losing my wallet ( with money and fucking license and SSN card ) three times D:

If I don't stop forgetting shit I will eventually run out of my 10 per life time of SSN cards D:
    I can't even remember how many times I've lost my wallet/phone/keys. I lost my new (Coach!) wallet in March of this year. Just before that I washed my phone in the laundry (so, not lost, but effectively ruined), and I misplace my keys at least twice a month. I am intimately acquainted with the process for getting a new SSN card/Driver's License. :/

So yeah, I do that panic-pat thing at least a dozen times every day.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »
    When someone starts explaining something to me that I already know, I want to smack them. Instead, I just tell them I understand, or I know, or something along those lines. If they continue, I upgrade from a slap, to wanting to rip their throat out.

>.>
    I do the exact same thing.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

>.>
    I do the exact same thing.

I have something related to this. With people that I've known for a while, I tend to be able to predict with fairly good accuracy what they're going to say once I have some context and the start of their sentence.

I have a really bad habit of fast-forwarding in my head and then spouting what I think their point is actually going to be so that I can reply. It's like speed reading, but for conversations.

devoir on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Goatmon, totally, I understand. I know. Something along those lines.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    clothes in closet all fact the same way, pants are folded the same. one side for pants, one for shirts, ordered by work/casual and then by season they are used in. my drawer for t-shirts is separated into under shirts, shirts I wear more casually, and "nicer" looking t-shirts. not really nice but I like them slightly more and think I look better in them.

dvds are ordered by movie, tv, documentary, musical/comedy, all in alphabetical order. games are by system and then alphabetical. cds are by artist and go music, OST for movies, then games, then musicals, then comedy. books are by "genre (basically my own sorting) and by author. any movies I have that I have any sort of bonus item with (such as the mask and comic of v for vendetta or the items that came with the LOTR extended sets) are grouped in a different part of the room. all of this is recorded in a file on my computer. any time I pile things up or even put thigns in a bag for travel, it is done so in alphabetical order. I can't do things "randomly" or as they fall, they must be in a certain order. always.

I dust daily and regularly rearrange. I have talked on here about how excited I am about organizing the cables behind my computer, and while I haven't done it yet as planned, it gives me chills to think about how neat my room is going to be.

tl;dr - I'm a neat freak.

also, devoir, I do the same thing. I will respond to someone's point or finish their point a LOT... but I'm wrong somewhat often which means I just regularly interrupt people. I'm probably really annoying to talk to and come off as very rude, especially when I am excited about a given topic.

edit - and I also don't eat bruised aprt of fruit. will not. period.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    dvds are ordered by movie, tv, documentary, musical/comedy, all in alphabetical order. games are by system and then alphabetical. cds are by artist and go music, OST for movies, then games, then musicals, then comedy. books are by "genre (basically my own sorting) and by author. any movies I have that I have any sort of bonus item with (such as the mask and comic of v for vendetta or the items that came with the LOTR extended sets) are grouped in a different part of the room. all of this is recorded in a file on my computer. any time I pile things up or even put thigns in a bag for travel, it is done so in alphabetical order. I can't do things "randomly" or as they fall, they must be in a certain order. always.

I don't organize my music and DVDs in any objectively consistent manner. While I do keep my Disney movies in chronological order by original movie release date, and separate opera from choral from chamber music from concerto/orchestral, most of my media stuff is organized in a way that only makes sense to me. Part of it is the label, and part of it is how much I like the movie/recording, but a big big part of it is how it fits in my disc binder. You know how each page on a large CD/DVD storage binder has 4 pockets? Normally it wouldn't be a problem since pop music albums tend to be single-disc, but you get problems with classical albums because the majority are multi-disc sets (e.g. 3-disc set of Cosi fan tutte, 5-disc set of Beethoven Symphonies, 12-disk set of Mahler symphonies), and I need the sets to match up with pages. That is, I can't stand having 2 discs of a 3-disc set on one page, and the last disc on another. Thus, I try to order my CDs in terms of 0 mod 4 groups (e.g. 3+3+2).

Anyway, the exact order of most of my stuff makes no sense to anyone, but I absolutely must have it that way.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'd sooner keep it in alphabetical order and just have empty spaces on the pages where there were only 3.

and by "id' sooner" I mean that that's exactly what I do.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'd sooner keep it in alphabetical order and just have empty spaces on the pages where there were only 3.

and by "id' sooner" I mean that that's exactly what I do.

No, the blank spaces would drive me crazy. That and there are enough 3-disc sets where I would only get ~85% efficiency of storage space, and have to get more binders.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I go crazy if someone stands in the only doorway in a room.

I need to be able to leave instantly if I choose, but if someone is blocking the exit, it weirds me out.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Dulcius_ex_asperisDulcius_ex_asperis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It makes me feel weird if I am sitting and someone is standing there talking to me. I almost always end up saying, "sit down, you're making me nervous."

If I am eating Reese's pieces, I will organize them by color, count them, and write down the number of each. I have a running tally going because I want to know if there is usually more of one color (so far, mostly orange, then brown, and hardly any yellow).

I use full punctuation and proper grammar in text messages. I hate. HATE. When people say "u" or "ur" or what have you. Hate it.

Also, I like to read when I eat. When I say "like to," I really mean must. I hate just sitting and eating. Drives me nuts.

I hate when people point at anything. And ditto on hating having something explained when I already know it.

Does anyone else do that thing where you scratch your lower back when you're sitting on le toilette?

Dulcius_ex_asperis on
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This isn't really a compulsion, more of a little quirk, but almost all of my thoughts are in conversation form. I'm constantly planning out conversations in my head, even if I know I will never have them in real life, and if I do have them in real life, I get so distracted with remembering my plan that I fuck it all up.

Also: It drives me fucking nuts when people don't keep their ID3 tags in order, on their mp3 player or whatever. Like if people have "Red Hot Chili Peppers" and "The Red Hot Chili Peppers" as separate artists. Why the fuck wouldn't you fix this? It gets really irritating with hip-hop because some people have the absolutely retarded idea to include guest artists as part of the Artist name, so "2pac (featuring So-and-so)" and "2pac (featuring Another guy)" will be different artists and I have to scroll through like 10 different versions of "2pac (featuring X)" on some moron's iPod. KEEP YOUR SHIT IN ORDER IT'S NOT HARD.

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I use full punctuation and proper grammar in text messages. I hate. HATE. When people say "u" or "ur" or what have you. Hate it.
    Me too. Also, when instant messaging, when playing an MMO, etc.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    This isn't really a compulsion, more of a little quirk, but almost all of my thoughts are in conversation form. I'm constantly planning out conversations in my head, even if I know I will never have them in real life, and if I do have them in real life, I get so distracted with remembering my plan that I fuck it all up.

I do this too, and apparently I move my lips when I do it because someone at work the other day saw me talking to myself.

that shit was embarrassing.

Variable on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I sound so mundane compared to you guys. I can't think of anything really odd or quirky that I do.

I mean, I sometimes eat my pizza with a fork and a knife. But only if it's really, really greasy or I want to read a book or something at the same time so my hands stay clean.

I guess the closest thing I have is in the first couple hours after I wake up I really like to be left alone. Make myself breakfast, read the paper/watch tv/surf the net or play a video game. If anything bugs me during this time, I'm much more likely to be snappy. If I have to I'll wake up and go some where and do something right away, but I'd rather not.

I guess another odd thing I do is sometimes while playing a video game I'll try to act as realistically as I can within the confines of the game world. But only for games I really like. Say Half-Life 2 for instance. If I am going along and not being threatened, I'll hold down the walk key. Because honestly, who runs around all the time? I'll only do it for games I really like, because going through it slowly lets me pick up on all the little details. I'll also not let myself quick save, to up the immersion/difficulty.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Dulcius_ex_asperisDulcius_ex_asperis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    When I eat pizza, i pull all the toppings off (cheese, pepperoni, whatever) and eat them first, then eat the crust. Also, when I'm on my last piece of pizza, I will pull off all the toppings and leave them on my plate, and then eat the crust. I didn't realize that I did that for the longest time. Everyone thinks it's insane, but I have to do it that way.

Dulcius_ex_asperis on
  • Options
    Foxy_RoxyFoxy_Roxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Me too. Sometimes people tell me I'm weird for it, so I try to use the "short" terms. But it feels weird to me when I do, like my thought is incomplete. It reminds me of this time in my English class where my teacher said that we were going to non-stop write, and she wanted it to be free flowing, straight from our heads, so no periods or complete sentences or anything like that. I was like "But I think in complete sentences. It stifled my flow because I had to concentrate on not putting in the periods.

Yeah, I speak 'em out loud too. It's weird.

Foxy_Roxy on
    linkdb4.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I do this too, and apparently I move my lips when I do it because someone at work the other day saw me talking to myself.

I used to hum to myself in class, and not realize that other people could hear me. In the Calc II and III class that I took, I always used to finish tests early (even after triple-checking) and I'd sit there and hum to myself because I was bored, until one day my friend apparently decided it was time she put an end to my dumbassery and told me to STFU.
    Me too. Also, when instant messaging, when playing an MMO, etc.

Jesus Christ, me too! Obsidian Spur had(has?) this rule about that, and I always used to wish that CTS would adopt it, because it makes me want to reach through the Intertubes and strangle the dumb fuck.

Also Re: scratching your lower back on the toilet -- I totally do that too! :D

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I guess the closest thing I have is in the first couple hours after I wake up I really like to be left alone. Make myself breakfast, read the paper/watch tv/surf the net or play a video game. If anything bugs me during this time, I'm much more likely to be snappy. If I have to I'll wake up and go some where and do something right away, but I'd rather not.

I do this, except I am vicious. I may be tired and irritable, but my mind has not in anyway slowed down. If someone tries to discuss something that usually ends up in a argument I will destroy them by any means i can think of. I made my mom nearly cry once doing this.

Also, about mornings/ waking up. I am way more susceptible to cold right after i wake. Usually cold doesnt bother me, but early in the morning, damn. While on the topic of temperatures I do something very odd. If I travel someone, I generally adopt the "locals" feeling toward temperatures. As in, I went to seattle once (I live in florida) and it was snowing, like 35 F and windy, and all i had one was jeans, a long sleave shirt, and hoodie. Like the locals. My family thought I was nuts. I do the same thing for heat in New Mexico and texas, though recently I just cannot stand the humidity and heat here in florida (i blame my cars ac failing)

ronzo on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    After I'm done pooping, I always check to see what Satan hath wrought.

Sami on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ronzo wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I do this, except I am vicious. I may be tired and irritable, but my mind has not in anyway slowed down. If someone tries to discuss something that usually ends up in a argument I will destroy them by any means i can think of. I made my mom nearly cry once doing this.

Also, about mornings/ waking up. I am way more susceptible to cold right after i wake. Usually cold doesnt bother me, but early in the morning, damn. While on the topic of temperatures I do something very odd. If I travel someone, I generally adopt the "locals" feeling toward temperatures. As in, I went to seattle once (I live in florida) and it was snowing, like 35 F and windy, and all i had one was jeans, a long sleave shirt, and hoodie. Like the locals. My family thought I was nuts. I do the same thing for heat in New Mexico and texas, though recently I just cannot stand the humidity and heat here in florida (i blame my cars ac failing)

I take my shower shortly after I wake up these days, and if the waters cold I feel like I am going to freeze. Definitely have to have warm showers in the morning.

Though, lately I've been considering going back to showering in the evening.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Sami wrote: »

Well, it's really to gaze down upon my vanquished foe and relish in the victory of the moment, but still, pretty fucked up.

Sami on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Has anyone ever realized their subconscious has figured out things much faster/ better than you ever could? Like, you get the urge to do something completely unrelated to what you are currently doing, or just plain doesnt make sense, then a little later on something happens that makes you go "fuck, I knew I should have done that." And I dont mean like, hindsight I should have done that. You have something to do at 4pm, and its currently 10am. You are not thinking of the stuff you have to do at 4pm at all, and you get the urge/feeling to do something related to the 4pm event, but you dont even associate the two.

My subconscious is much smart/faster than my conscious mind

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    ronzo wrote: »
    Has anyone ever realized their subconscious has figured out things much faster/ better than you ever could? Like, you get the urge to do something completely unrelated to what you are currently doing, or just plain doesnt make sense, then a little later on something happens that makes you go "fuck, I knew I should have done that." And I dont mean like, hindsight I should have done that. You have something to do at 4pm, and its currently 10am. You are not thinking of the stuff you have to do at 4pm at all, and you get the urge/feeling to do something related to the 4pm event, but you dont even associate the two.

My subconscious is much smart/faster than my conscious mind

There was an interesting article I read a while ago about these studies that were done which showed that the subconscious mind knew the actions/decisions that the conscious mind was going to perform/choose before the conscious mind did. Basically our consciousnesses are just along for the ride and free will is a lot more limited than imagined, blah blah blah, etc. etc.

Sami on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I wear the same thing to work every day. Black business shirt, black pants, shoes. I only own two black business shirts that look any good, so I wash them both on Tuesday night for Wednesday and Thursday. Then Friday is casual dress day, the cause of much anxiety. Today I just wore what I wear every other day. I even wore the fancy business shoes instead of sneakers.

Also, I'll never use an entire scoop of laundry powder. No matter how dirty the clothes, I'm concerned about the colours fading. I don't know if this has any relation to reality. I might just be wearing slightly-dirty clothes all the time.

I will often put hair product in my hair prior to washing it, so that some of it stays in my hair after it's shampoo'd. Because I hate the newly washed feeling, but like the 2-days-worth-of-product-build-up manageability. This might mean my hair isn't ever really clean.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I do the conversation thinking but I also tend to start pacing when I have a "powerful" thought. Like I'm sitting at my computer and I'd suddenly get up and walk over to get a drink of water but not get it and just come back to sit down again. And people notice too.

Hoz on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited September 2007

Well, it's really to gaze down upon my vanquished foe and relish in the victory of the moment, but still, pretty fucked up.

Dude, everyone does that. Everyone.

sdrawkcaB emaN on