As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF: Miniature Secret Santa - Holiday Edition! Santas have been assigned!

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My secret santa had better report soon.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Reporting in, sir, I got it just about yesterday (though it could have been a couple days hidden from me, the roommates do tend to forget the sorts of stuff :p)

Thank you, Mortal Sky! I like it. I'll have some pictures up of it as soon as I can manage ^^

Rend on
  • Options
    Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I need to get my girlfriend to drive me to the store today now that im done with surgery and shit to buy a replacement gift for the one I cant complete.

Mine is obviously coming after Christmas, I've been aboard the S.S. Vicodin for too long.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Is everything in good condition? It's good that you like it, so thanks for giving me a fun job.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Is everything in good condition? It's good that you like it, so thanks for giving me a fun job.

yeah, it's still all perfect! I've never dealt with converted models before, i'm a bit new to the whole scene, tbh, but it's cool as crap. I like what you did with it.

Rend on
  • Options
    TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have been spoiled rotten on this most festive season. Awoken from my slumber not by my usual alarm call of explosions and the screams of the dying, but by and urgent missive from across the galaxy.

xmas00.jpg
    Note the festive defacement of the official stamp. :lol:

xmas01.jpg

xmas02.jpg

Pretty cool gift huh? Will look sweet heading my unit of bikes when I get round to finishing them. By the way, wheres the head from? I've not seen it before, and I'm on the lookout for sources of nice heads in preparation for doing a whole veteran squad without hats at some point in the distant future.

But wait theres more!

Now, since its Christmas, let me bore you all with a little story. About 6 years ago I lent a Warhammer Quest box set to an old friend, never saw him again, and never got it back. Losing the game itself was bad enough, but alongside that I lost a whole unit of night goblin archers, all 3 of my fanatics, and my unit of snotlings. I've since replaced the archers with the awesome ones from skull pass and replaced the fanatics (though I preferred the old models), since I couldn't live without them. I've also mourned the loss of the snotlings as they are so characterful, but since they were never that effective for me couldn't justify replacing them for over twice what they cost me the first time. You probably have a good idea where this is going, so without further ado:

xmas03.jpg
    xmas04.jpg

If I didn't have to put the finishing touches on my gift I would be off to paint the snotlings right now. I can't wait to field the little guys again, its been so long!

But wait! Theres even more!
    xmas05.jpg

More marines is always welcome, as my bits box needed feeding (in particular I had 1 boltgun left). The box includes 12 bases. So thats five for the marines, five for the fanatics, and two for any ingestive accidents that may happen along the way.

Thankyou Dayspring, with such a varied bounty I almost feel a little bit guilty. You seem to have been making doubly sure I was happy, when I would have been full of glee to receive the 40k or fantasy stuff on its own.

tl;dr - Conversions and snotlings for the win. Merry Christmas.

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh man. That skidoo turned out really well DS.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm starting to get worried about the gift I sent out. It has been a week and two days now. How long does it usually take for something to go from the center of the US to Canada?

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Excellent note, excellent models, excellent gift! :)

Ein on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I sent something to NE US and its been about a week and a half without it making it there. I no matter when I send something, I don't start worrying until the 2 week mark. Most international stuff says 7-10 days anyway.

Then of course it's Christmas, so dont worry so much Tim.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    UPS came to my door earlier and left a box.
    The box wasn't for me.

Damn you UPS.

see317 on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    I sent something to NE US and its been about a week and a half without it making it there. I no matter when I send something, I don't start worrying until the 2 week mark. Most international stuff says 7-10 days anyway.

Wait, who did you send something to in Nebraska? Or did you mean New England?

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wow, I only posted that monday afternoon!
    Glad you liked it, I was quite happy with the ski-doo in the end, and I figured basic marines can always be put to good use.
    As for the greenskins, that was lucky timing. Around the time the santas were assigned I was clearing out a bunch of my old minis, including the scattered remains of an orc and goblin force, and came across those little blighters. They were going to go up on ebay but then I figured I may as well throw them in.
    Oh, and the head was a chaos marine head, I think it was from the chaos vehicle upgrade sprue specifically.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »

Wait, who did you send something to in Nebraska? Or did you mean New England?

North East, friends in New Jersey.

I got the best fucking gift ever today. I'm not exactly sure who it was from (just got home from a work Christmas party and cant focus too well...) but dude.... this Diorama is AWESOME.

Don't worry everyone, pictures will come when I get back from work tomorrow.... :)

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ok, managed a couple quick shots with my phone before work. I'll try my girlfriend's new camera if I remember tonight... :D

How awesome is this? (sword arm broke in transit... will fix as soon as I can...)

dsc00337nh3.jpg

dsc00339qb5.jpg

dsc00341ua0.jpg

Still don't Quite know who it's from (got his real name, but not his forum name?) But thank you ever so much!

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Okay, my gift leaves tomorrow!

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh, crap his hand broke off!!! Here's what it is supposed to look like Sharp.

Coices6.jpg
    Choices1.jpg
    Coices2.jpg
    Coices3.jpg
    Coices4.jpg
    Coices5.jpg

The Receipt.
    Coices7.jpg

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Awesome

Wulf on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    :D

I had a feeling it was you.

Thanks again man. This will get prime real estate in my display case once I fix it. :)

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Glad you like it! Just throw some glue on his hand any it should be as good as new!

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Ahh.. It makes more sense when the guardsman still has a weapon. When I saw the original pics I was all "what choices, he'd blatantly shoot the fleeing guardsman". Really really sweet work.

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Aw geez that is totally awesome.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Tim, that is amazing.

Those orks look excellent, the commissar is amazingly well done, and the note is icing on the cake.

I really need to get that guard primer. If the language is like that note, it'll be hilarious.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Tim, that is amazing.

Those orks look excellent, the commissar is amazingly well done, and the note is icing on the cake.

I really need to get that guard primer. If the language is like that note, it'll be hilarious.

It is. That and the Munitorium Manual. Both are awesome.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Tim, that is amazing.

It is. That and the Munitorium Manual. Both are awesome.
    Told you it was a good read Ein :P

Wulf on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I kind of like it with the one hand, looks like the commisar just blew it off. "Now pick up the sword and serve your emperor with your other hand, or else..."
    Although it would need a little bit of paint to complete the image of a freshly severed limb.

Maybe I've read too much Gaunt or Cain(is there such a thing?) and not enough Schaffuer, but my first impression was "The guardsman doesn't realize there are orks behind him, and the commisar is going to shoot at them over his shoulder to teach a lesson about being aware of your surroundings". Then I read the note.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Holy hell, that is the only model that has ever brought manly tears to my eyes.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Dayyyyyyum Wulf,

That is pretty sweet.

Thanks man!

Pics forthcomming, last minute holiday shopping is now.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Alright, so I got a giant box in the mail yesterday.

First revealed was a dispatch of sorts:
    lettergx8.jpg

I would transcribe it but I only got one hand and maek poast takes long enough.

Ah Ha! Next, the packing peanuts were soon parted to reveal a pair of smaller boxes:
    boxsix7.jpg

Rat Ogres and some bits that were left over from the main gift.

So, I was pretty happy at this point, until my girlfriend pointed out that only a fool would use a large box filled with peanuts to send these two packages, so there must be something else in the box.

This is the point at which my brother thrusts his hands into the sea of peanuts in the box, withdrawing it momentarily with a shriek. Aware that there appeared to be some manner of sharp trap at the bottom of the box, I too proceeded to trust my hand into the box and impale it on something rigid and sharp.

At this point my girlfriend informed my brother and I that we were both quite daft and proceeded to safely remove the following from the box:
    topfs6.jpg

sidehp7.jpg

HOLY CRAP! These pictures taken with my mom's shitty point-and-shoot don't really do this thing justice. This massive terrain piece represents a fortified skaven mine entrance and has a lot of detail in the construction not readily observable in these photographs. Basically, it is completely awesome.

I can't wait to get this thing on my tabletop. We're planning to play a maiden game with it tonight.

tl;dr: WULF = AWESOME

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Thank you Secret Santa!
    This Bile Thrall box is sweet, or rottenly pungent. I suppose for the Cryx it's one and the same.

I'll try to get some pictures up when I get them painted.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ah, it got there in one piece! That was the only thing I was worried about :P. Hope it's a good place to have the start of your Skaven horde pour forth from. I do have to say that it was such a blast to make :D

Edit: For people wondering what it looks like close up, here are some pictures of the progress as I made the terrain.

Wulf on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Awesome, just got my gift in the mail :)

It was... an envelope!
    And inside?
    BABY ENVELOPE!
    Not to feel bad about killing its mother, I killed the baby as well, and inside that?
    Some awesome reptilian wings :D
    web.jpg
    and a Tyrant Guard :D
    web.jpg

Already have an idea to make a Flyrant with them and some Fex bits :)
    Thanks Dr. Hazard

Wulf on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Glad you liked it. I've been holding onto those wings for quite a while, trying to find something to do with them. It wasn't till I thought, "Hey, let me look in my bitz box for some more stuff," that I realized they were still there.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sigh.

Mine's probably going to be hells of late.

But you will like what I have done.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's that magical time at the beginning of the new year where we applaud those who came through on their end of the event and mount the heads of those who did not on pointy sticks as an example.

With that in mind, it's about time I make the SEKRET SANTA MASTA LIST available to the public so people can see who got matched up with who. The list works simply enough - the person above gifts the person below on the list, and the last person on the list gifts the first at the top. There's actually two separate lists depending on location. People with 'INTL' marked by their name were ones that volunteered to ship things internationally.

US/CANADA/Int'l

1. MegaMan001
    2. timspork's ghost
    3. Sharp101
    4. JamSessionEin
    5. Mortal Sky
    6. Rend
    7. Katchem_ash
    8. Anaximander
    9. Der Waffle Mous
    10. drhazard
    11. wulf
    12. Frosted Butts
    13. GABBO GABBO GABBO
    14. Gabriel_Pitt
    15. Philodox
    16. The Count of Midget Fisto
    17. ElderCat
    18. Gym
    19. see317

OVER THE POND

1. Dayspring
    2. Technicality
    3. Fibretip

I'm sorry if I've been hard to reach for this event, but my inbox has literally been 99% full the entire time from the massive amounts of communication I've been relaying. For the next event I believe I will make a separate account just for that purpose - a Grot Messenger, if you will.

If you've not yet gotten a gift, you can hold the person whose name is above you in the list personally responsible. People whose recipients have not yet received a gift by now are blacklisted from the next Secret Santa event. There will be a few exceptions. For example, Sharp, who is my santa, notified me that his gift would be delayed and I told him that was perfectly fine.

If you have not gotten a gift, post in the thread so that we may generally jeer and mock the individuals who were lazy gits and didn't get their job done in time. Also, so that I know who did not receive a gift. I will edit this master list to reflect slackers. If you have worked it out with your santa (they sent a PM saying they won't have a gift on time because their house burned down or something), don't post that they didn't follow through.

I am seriously considering making the next event a non-secret santa, simply because of the organizational nightmare of trying to coordinate 20+ people 'round the globe. I am willing to give the secret part another go if I can get a separate account up so I have more inbox space to work with.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Sorry Fibretip. Have been procrastinating about part of your gift being stuck in postage hell. Think I'm going to give it up for dead and post you something else.

I suck.

[Hangs head in shame]

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I unfortunately have not received anything yet...

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hey ElderCat, I've been on vacation for the last couple weeks, so I'd assume the package is waiting at my door (or at least the post office). I probably should said something before I left :oops:

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Yup, I sent it Priority mail on the 15th. Hope its useful.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I haven't gotten anything yet, but I swear to god I'm going to Gabriel's mini out this week.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on