As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So... Which Movie Tonight?

LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Gonna take my girl into Georgetown tonight and will most likely catch a movie. 3:10 to Yuma, The Brothers Solomon, The Hunting Party and Shoot 'Em Up look the most interesting. Any suggestions on which will be the best pick of the four?

Oh yeah, I want to keep down to these four and yes we already seen Superbad.

LondonBridge on

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My personal opinion is that 3:10 to Yuma will be the best acted, best directed, and overall most interesting and engaging movie of the four. That said, I'm seeing Shoot 'Em Up because it's Clive Owen and I need a good action flick to make me forget the abysmal disappointment that was War.

Incidentally, both 3:10 and Shoot 'Em Up have been getting pretty good reviews. The comedy (Brothers) looks just plain retarded to me, but I don't know what kind of reviews it's gotten.

Vrtra Theory on
    Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    Kaiju15Kaiju15 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just saw Shoot 'Em Up and if you want mindless violence with more wit than you'd expect (some people just don't realise it's a parody) that'd be your best bet. I would totally take my girl to see it. (Mind you, Pulp Fiction is our idea of a date movie)

Kaiju15 on
    It is your duty as a filmgoer to see Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.
  • Options
    Chief1138Chief1138 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    3:10 was excellent, shoot em up was good too but unless you have like the most awesome girlfriend ever it's probably more of a dude movie.

Chief1138 on
  • Options
    Kaiju15Kaiju15 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Chief1138 wrote: »
    3:10 was excellent, shoot em up was good too but unless you have like the most awesome girlfriend ever it's probably more of a dude movie.

Does that mean I have the most awesome girlfriend ever?

Kaiju15 on
    It is your duty as a filmgoer to see Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Chief1138 wrote: »

We've been dating for over a month and no fights yet so maybe I can pull off Shoot 'Em Up.
    If not, its 3:10 to Yuma.

LondonBridge on