As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PHALLA DEAD] (Robot Phalla) - The Junkyard

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ardor for living again!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh well, hopefully some of that money lands on my robot:

Resurrect TehSpectre

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2007
    you'd have to pay hospital fees and whatnot. i doubt you'd come back to life with anything close to what you had before.

Unknown User on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Interesting.

Well I'm a terrible gambler anyways.

Seriously on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thank God, finally something is happening. :D

Aldo on
    edited September 2007
    My guess is some sort of set amount, be it percentage of the funds or just flat, like 1k dollars, because it would be an easier thing to maintain in this obviously hard-to-keep-track-of game.

Although I don't know, so this whole post is fucking pointless.

Seriously on
    edited September 2007
    hopefully you had insurance.

Unknown User on
    edited September 2007
    D:D:D:

Motherboard sez ennshurannce ess tah devil

Seriously on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Clarifications I've gotten state that you can likely bring to life anynoe, whether they are on your team or not. Ideally, if we could make sure the master financers are up there, they could keep bringing people back up to help fight the syndicate, then we could go back to gunning each other down in the streets.

Whether I go back up or not, I believe from the dwindling list of living green fans, that Jester needs to die, although I do not know if my fighter has that information to make the kill. We think last night our visions will hit another fighter to work together with and our promoter, but I won't know that anyways.

We'll see how things turn out.

Ardor on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    !Vote precisionk TO ARISE FROM THE DEAD LIKE A GLORIOUS PHOENIX ZOMBIE

VOTE ME PEOPLE.

precisionk on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Precisionk, you always make the best posts.

Don't vote Precisionk....seriously.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited September 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Vote Precisionk....seriously.

Thanks friend for the words of encouragement.

precisionk on
    edited September 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

Don't ever Vote Precisionk....seriously.

We're all about optimism here PK. You should know that! We are big supporters of what you do here in these games.

Ardor on
    edited September 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    precisionk wrote: »

Don't ever Vote Precisionk....seriously.

We're all about optimism here PK. You should know that! We are big supporters of what you do here in these games.

MAN WHAT

I thought we were like this Ardor, like this.

Last two of three phallas, I have died first day.

precisionk on
  • McKidMcKid Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    !retract Pretentious, !Vote for TehSpectre.

Now that we have a strategy...

McKid on
    edited September 2007
    I don't ever condone killing someone multiple times on day 1 in a row or with such frequency. I think that's kind of a dick move to do, unless said person came out as a special or something.

Question for you folks, since MrBlarney and I are next with our game. Is starting on a Sunday acceptable, or is it better to start during the weekdays?

I'm under the impression that Sunday would work out ok depending on what needs to be done, whereas for standard play, weekdays tend to be better.

Ardor on
    edited September 2007
    McKid wrote: »
    !retract Pretentious, !Vote for TehSpectre.

Now that we have a strategy...

And that strategy is for me to be back in the game!

precisionk on
    edited September 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    I don't ever condone killing someone multiple times on day 1 in a row or with such frequency. I think that's kind of a dick move to do, unless said person came out as a special or something.

Question for you folks, since MrBlarney and I are next with our game. Is starting on a Sunday acceptable, or is it better to start during the weekdays?

I'm under the impression that Sunday would work out ok depending on what needs to be done, whereas for standard play, weekdays tend to be better.
    Please start late, if only because that gives me time to die properly in Richy's phalla. <_<>_>

Aldo on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can't argue with that sort of logic... !Vote PK to life!

Honestly I died broke, and wasn't networked worth anything. So bringing me back to life is kinda pointless.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited September 2007
    I can't argue with that sort of logic... !Vote PK to life!

Honestly I died broke, and wasn't networked worth anything. So bringing me back to life is kinda pointless.
    Man, we're trying to be a bit serious down here. D:

Aldo on
  • The RefereeThe Referee Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ardor I'm going to play the shit out of your phalla until I die the first night by the hands of people who hated mine.

The Referee on
    edited September 2007
    I hope I haven't stated that I think your game sucks, on the contrary, I don't erally have any idea what's going on and I think that's actually pretty fascinating.

There will be a different mechanic in play that will actually have all sorts of fun results that I think people will like.

Besides, don't discount yourself too early, everyone's a vigilante in my game per the environment, so don't think you're going to have to fend for yourself much.

Ardor on
    edited September 2007
    I understand its hard to get a grasp whats going on, especially if you're not a special or in a basically defunct/inactive network, but I really wanted to incorporate ALOT of mechanics that go against the grain of what we normally do, or are completely different. Hopefully in that aspect it was successful.

Plus, I like the background and narrations, when I get around to posting them.

Unknown User on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I enjoy trying to figure out what's going on. If anything, I feel this Phalla is too short: it seems like this kind of a game could be run as a series of mini-games where each individual game would be pretty short, but the entire tournament could go on for months.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited September 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    I understand its hard to get a grasp whats going on, especially if you're not a special or in a basically defunct/inactive network, but I really wanted to incorporate ALOT of mechanics that go against the grain of what we normally do, or are completely different. Hopefully in that aspect it was successful.

Plus, I like the background and narrations, when I get around to posting them.
    I would like to know how I died.

kthx.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited September 2007
    Well now that I've run the big one, I might have to swing back into the mini-phallas and make tweaks to the design (as there are definitely some flaws), since I like your idea alot.

Ive always felt that Phallas get stale after 10 days, so I wanted to make sure I hit that pretty close when I built this one.

Unknown User on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ardor's going to give me some crappy role in his Phalla, because he's like, my kryptonite

so uh, raise me! I will fight the Syndicate with my awesome MS Paint POWAH

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    edited September 2007
    Ardor's going to give me some crappy role in his Phalla, because he's like, my kryptonite

You do not care for the plan then?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    !vote Ardor

the wook on
    edited September 2007

Actually, I'm thinking about giving you an uzi, dynamite or shotgun, but everyone's got a secret win condition where you need to be dead and the person to kill you gets a bonus based upon how many umlauts are in your name at the time.*

Problem solved!

*Not actually doing that.

Ardor on
    edited September 2007
    As things stand we the living-impaired are currently belching forth from the depths of hell TS, Ardor and Pretense.

Are you guys all at least on different teams? That's something we need to make sure of for Ardor's plan to work best.

Anyways, !vote Gorilla Salad

As of this post the Right-to-Lifers run like so:

Tehspectre 5
    Ardor 3
    [Pretentious]3
    Precisionk 2
    Gorilla Salad 2
    Wook 1
    Zot 1

Seriously on
    edited September 2007
    I can confirm that TS and Ardor are not on the same team, unless something went terribly terribly terribly wrong.

Aldo on
    edited September 2007
    I'm going to start editing my older posts. I know Tehspectre and I are on opposing teams. (I'm gonna try to get him killed by the living because it'll be funny tee hee)

I think it might be best we think about a diversion when we come back. I don't think it would hurt to have people kill us or suspected bad guys because we only get one day up there before we get sent back down here. We could make all sorts of claims in attempt to screen what our real purpose is up there.

Pretentious is not on my team and I'm not sure if anyone seered him that can confirm who he's with or not. It's fairly important the three people we send up top have access to the fighter networks to make sure at least 3 teams will be working together.

Ardor on
    edited September 2007
    I will follow suit with the editing.

Seriously on
    edited September 2007
    Seriously wrote: »
    As things stand we the living-impaired are currently belching forth from the depths of hell TS, Ardor and Pretense.

Are you guys all at least on different teams? That's something we need to make sure of for Ardor's plan to work best.

Anyways, !vote Gorilla Salad

As of this post the Right-to-Lifers run like so:

Tehspectre 5
    Ardor 3
    [Pretentious]3
    Precisionk 2
    Gorilla Salad 2
    Wook 1
    Zot 1
    Why would you vote GSalad?

We need to keep our top 3 a good few votes ahead of everyone else. I don't want the evil's screwing with the voting.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited September 2007
    Pretense on your team?

Seriously on
    edited September 2007
    Also, I think it's very important that whoever goes back to the living, does not tell anyone other than confirmed teammates that we only live for the day. I'd prefer the syndicate to waste their kill on one of us rather than hit a person who can survive until tomorrow. Since we know they won't be hittnig themselves, we'd just like to give them a much nicer target.

We're such nice people. We like to give them options! They just don't read the fine print. Not our problem.

Ardor on
    edited September 2007
    I can change my vote to Marx if that helps?

Aldo on
    edited September 2007
    I agree Ardor.

I am gonna act like I am a bigshot special.

I will deflect at least a kill or two.

Edit: Also, I am having too much fun in the SE++ phalla.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited September 2007
    Tehspectre, you and I plus the third person to go up with us can create such a tangled web of targets for the syndicate, they will not know what to do with themselves. After all, if we agree to work together publicly, what are the syndicate gonna do? Kill us one by one? The tournament will end by the time we've all died that way heh.

It'll be fun.

Ardor on