As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA DEAD] (Robot Phalla) - The Junkyard

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Or they have someone who can read the dead thread.

Aldo on
  • Options
    XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm !retracting the wook (wtf is the retract color?) and !vote Ardor

Trying to get caught up on the dead thread, tomorrow looks to be a promising day.

Xevo on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Tehspectre, you and I plus the third person to go up with us can create such a tangled web of targets for the syndicate, they will not know what to do with themselves. After all, if we agree to work together publicly, what are the syndicate gonna do? Kill us one by one? The tournament will end by the time we've all died that way heh.

It'll be fun.

I will be that third person.

I STILL HAVE LIKE 3000 LEFT.

precisionk on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    I can't argue with that sort of logic... !Vote PK to life!

Honestly I died broke, and wasn't networked worth anything. So bringing me back to life is kinda pointless.
    Man, we're trying to be a bit serious down here. D:

I am being serious. Just because everyone is 'dead' there's no reason that they can't still be trying to manipulating us...

I'd rather see someone I know go up there than another who I didn't have any connections with in the first place.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Robothero stated we would know when syndicate die, unless I've missed something, which I tend to do often enough, I don't think any of the dead are syndicate.

Hence, it's only innocent teams down here currently. Hopefully after tonight or tomorrow, we will have plenty of syndicate to work with*.

*beat senseless.

Ardor on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wait, are there actually any bad guys down here that we know of?

BAD GUY HEADCOUNT IF YOU ARE A BAD GUY PLEASE RAISE YOUR--oh that's right some of us don't have heads.

EDIT: Okay look, lightening struck my internet and now it goes so fast that I post from the future, which is why I did not see that post just above mine.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Xevo wrote: »
    I'm !retracting the wook (wtf is the retract color?) and !vote Ardor

Trying to get caught up on the dead thread, tomorrow looks to be a promising day.

Ardor is already leading the pack by 2.

You're probably better off voting for someone else because top 3 get revived for a day.

I'm saying this even if you support tehspectre or someone else, because having an overwhelming majority won't do you any good.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Robothero stated we would know when syndicate die, unless I've missed something, which I tend to do often enough, I don't think any of the dead are syndicate.

Hence, it's only innocent teams down here currently. Hopefully after tonight or tomorrow, we will have plenty of syndicate to work with*.

*beat senseless.

Yeah, but at the same time I still wanna see my robot win! :D

Edit: Anyway, work time, I'll be back before voting closes.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I am being serious. Just because everyone is 'dead' there's no reason that they can't still be trying to manipulating us...

I'd rather see someone I know go up there than another who I didn't have any connections with in the first place.
    Oh sure, lets trust PK in this matter. :P

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oh and on the subject of massive hospital bills, one of the guys on my team had bet all his money, died, then come back to life (man this is really narrowing down the list of potential people) and only had $3000 of it left. Talk about shenanigans!

Xevo on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just realized I've started two bandwagons on Xevo.

And I think I've only played two games with Xevo.

Sorry about that. Nothing personal. I just can't tolerate other people having fun when I'm dead and miserable.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I am in fact enjoying being dead a good deal!

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Less work when we're dead, I'm fine with that.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I just realized I've started two bandwagons on Xevo.

And I think I've only played two games with Xevo.

Sorry about that. Nothing personal. I just can't tolerate other people having fun when I'm dead and miserable.

LOL no worries, I can see why you'd be suspicious of me this time! As far as last time, as I said in the dead thread, I totally deserved it for the way I was acting that day. I dunno, it was a weird time for me. But at least you didn't throw any green goop into my eyes this time!

edit: Besides, I'm hoping my death clears things up for the one remaining good guy in my fanbase, and he'll know the other one (Jester) is 100% evil.

Xevo on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    There aren't necessarily any syndicate up here, but there could be people who are in the "blue fanbase" but are not true blue fans.

THE PROMOTER: The promoter does not have any special abilities. They do, however, start the game knowing almost everyone on their team. This is not a secured network, however, as teams have been known to plant traitors within other fighers fanbases.

Just bear that in mind.

Edit: Actually, Clarification: Are those traitors other color members or syndicate?

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I was under the impression that the people who are in your fanbase but not truly supporting your robot, were the syndicate. Hence, most of those people were truly fans of that fighter, but only one or maybe two max were not.

Ardor on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

Oh sure, lets trust PK in this matter. :P

That's a good idea.

precisionk on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I was under the impression that the people who are in your fanbase but not truly supporting your robot, were the syndicate. Hence, most of those people were truly fans of that fighter, but only one or maybe two max were not.
    I think there are people who are members of multiple fan bases. You said that you had eight people in your fanbase, right? Six teams, eight per team, gives us 48 rabid fans. Considering there are only 49 players, that doesn't leave much left over for the fighters and their teams. My guess would be that traitors have their 'real' fan base and their 'infiltrated' fan base.

Either that or some fan bases got the shaft numbers-wise.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    We've got 6 fans in our fanbase and the fighter's network of 3. That's 9 for us total.

I think that means all other teams have 8 people in them to make 49.

However, since most of my team is dead, I cannot come to the conclusion that our team has 2 syndicate in it.

Ardor on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Whoops, thought your numbers before just meant the fanbase. But even then they don't line up. I'll confirm that my team also had six people in our fanbase. Six per team, six teams equals 36 rabid fans. Three specials per team, six teams equals 18 specials for a grand total of 54 players. Something is not adding up.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I am 99% certain that the "spies" in the fanbases are The Syndicate.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    Whoops, thought your numbers before just meant the fanbase. But even then they don't line up. I'll confirm that my team also had six people in our fanbase. Six per team, six teams equals 36 rabid fans. Three specials per team, six teams equals 18 specials for a grand total of 54 players. Something is not adding up.

I had the same problem when trying to calculate team sizes. The only thing I could come up with is that there are possibly 3 Syndicate who are each in 2 fanbases. It would certainly explain Jester's insistence to bet his own way and not how we were requesting.

edit: Crap, even that doesn't work out right... something is really fishy about the numbers, and I still haven't solved it. Oh well.

edit part deux: Unless some of the Syndicate are also on the teams, perhaps one is a fighter (PHALLAX?), one is a Manager, and one is a Master Financier?

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, if that's the case, perhaps it is very likely that the syndicate are on multiple teams? comparing lists would flush out our fighters but probably the syndicates as well. This should be considered.

My team currently has 3 people left alive. Fighter, promoter and syndicate jerk.

We are likely aiming for a last place finish here as I'm assuming the syndicate will contemplate eliminating our promoter tonight, and hopefully our fighter has enough information to kill our syndicate, making him very lonely with no fans.

EDIT: Oh, if I haven't mentioned it enough, Jester313 is the syndicate in our ranks.

Ardor on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    last place all the way baby

the wook on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    the wook wrote: »
    last place all the way baby

First to the finish line (dead thread)!

So yeah, we don't have much left to lose as I'm assuming we have taken the heaviest losses of everyone. I think 22 are dead and 6 of them are us.

Ardor on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Guys, the only bet I made was a 5000 bet in the first round, which was a winner. So uh, I should be fairly loaded if you want to send loaded people back. Also, I am apparently a huge target.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Marx, we had a resurrected person who won a 7500 bet and had only 3000. Hospital bills and all that, as robothero said.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, well, I want to live and do some more MS-Paintery.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Making the black robot evil?

That's just racist.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You on Tehspectre's team pretense?

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm a fan networked with no-one

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Seriously wrote: »
    Making the black robot evil?

That's just racist.

Funny, but I'm going by the narrations, which I think have cast PHALLAX in a fairly suspicious light.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm a gyyaaaaaaaaaarrrgh fan networked with no-one

I don't need to know the color, since I don't know TS's.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, I don't know anyone. Except Ardor. We're bestest buddies, him and I (and yet, his bad luck keeps rubbing off on me and getting me killed)

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Wait if you're not networked you are a poor choice to send back.

We need to lazerate people who know people.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You know, it was stated that the syndicate have a robot right?

There is one robot who has not lost any specials to weaken his defenses yet. That's right, Phallax.

5 vs 1 sounds like a fair fight to me.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    That's why I'm staying here in hell, I couldn't really help my team alive (I place terrible bets).

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Saburbia and Anaximander are both evil, I say.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You know, it was stated that the syndicate have a robot right?

There is one robot who has not lost any specials to weaken his defenses yet. That's right, Phallax.

5 vs 1 sounds like a fair fight to me.

I did not, actually.

But really, if Pretense isn't networked shouldn't we send back someone else in his stead?

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hey wait, do we have any black robot fans down here?

I mean, it's probably too simplistic an idea, BUT

Seriously on