Options

Asheron's Call: Nine Years of Killing Olthoi

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I did resub as well, I am Thorge on Solclaim. Immediately upon making my character and skipping the tutorial, I received a tell from a random person in Yaraq who looked at my sats and asked if I was a dagger character, I informed him of my specing both Crossbow and Dagger, because I am weird like that, he replied that he had one of those as well and asked if I wanted a bitchin' xbow. So I ended up swearing to the guy and we went to Olthoi Arcade for a while and kicked some ass, and eventually we hit up BSD. So now my character is level 29 so far, working on a Tusker kill quest that will apparently get me to 50.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh, my. I checked Maggie's page. Apparently right after the last time I checked it her Vassal died, and with it she just stopped updating her AC page more or less.

My god, how depressing.

Edit: Only 2 things nearly as depressing.

Fist De Yuma finally quit AC. He used to do a weekly AC column that would get hundreds of replies on the ACVault forums. His goodbye post? Got about 10 replies. Ever THREE MONTHS.

The same forums get about 10 posts a month (it used to be literally impossible to keep up with them without tagging posts) now, and one of the largest threads in there is talking about how the entire primetime server pop ... could ALMOST run a premade AV group in WOW.

Dear lord. I wish Turbine had never met with those reps from Microsoft.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mmm, I don't know if ACVault is a good thing to guage the game by on any level. The forums where used back in the day because we had no where else to go. Then Turbine opened their own forums, where the dev's and community reps would actually reply...so we all moved there and left ACvault to rot as the flaming cesspool it had become.

As for Fist De Yuma, if you go back and read his articles, he started really strong...then waned and eventually his stuff became pretty boring. He was writing, at not his best, to a very very small audiance (ACVault, hardly anyone goes there because they stopped really updating the page as frequently).

Everything is done on the Turbine AC official page, an the AC Community Wiki. Both are leaps and bounds better then anything we had in the past.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    http://asheron.info/~asheron/ <-- wow, at least the wiki is popular. Lots of updates every day.

KiTA on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, I got littwentythree all set up today and started him on the grind back to the glory of AC.

In the time while he was tooling around killing olthoi I went on an adventure that exemplifies what I am talking about.

Theres a quest that got updated. Saving Asheron. If you complete this quest you get a 4 use Mana Forged Key, and 256 million XP. This quest has a 27 day timer, and is pretty hard.

As such we had 5 full fellowships rolling this quest. There where so many people there that it was impossible to die. We stormed down the halls of this dungeon like a German Blitzkrieg. Everything fell before our mighty blades and magic. There where 50 people clamoring to kill anything that moved. One guy missed a jump and died, as he started to say "oh screw it, I'll go later", the leader (and a vast majority of the people there) called out to the entire group: "Everyone turn around, since we are all going to be on the same timer, I'm not having one guy miss this chance and have to wait a month to get his key!" We all cheered and turned around, killed our way back up to the portal, dead guy came back, and we surrounded him and lead him down to his body (he had dropped some armor, forgot some DI's apparently). Then we carried on and finished the quest. Everyone got their reward.

It was just a great showing of community and friendship. We all scheduled to do it again the Sunday after the timers are up, since it was so successful this time.

Its a great time to play AC, I've never experienced something of that caliber. Not since my days in EQ when there where guild corpse runs.

I loved when my Allegiance would do shit like this, I didn't care that we would spend 30 minutes waiting for people to return after missing a Jump going to kill Harbinger or some other boss, it only mattered to me that the leaders of the run were very much in favor of keeping everyone on the same timer.

Seg on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    citizen059 wrote: »
    Oh, and:
    leveluptj0.jpg

Level 26! Grats. And what level is a drudge ravener again? They're in their fifties, right?

I loved this game, but the balancing was just horrible.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm, So...I made some changes to my template today. Some of them I am not to sure about.

I dropped melee D from spec'd to trained. Then I spec'd Life magic, and Healing. I went out to the Dark Isle (best loot place in the game right now), and killed shit I couldn't touch before. The I went to go set up and bang out some XP leveling...and got my shit pushed in by the olthoi I previously had no problem handling.

I really don't know what to do at this point. I am thinking is partially my shield being a load of crap (could really use an upgrade), or that the spec is just...not that valid. The theory is that I have a giant wall of AL, and there for do not need 529 melee D. But in practice...it is not working the same way.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm, So...I made some changes to my template today. Some of them I am not to sure about.

I dropped melee D from spec'd to trained. Then I spec'd Life magic, and Healing. I went out to the Dark Isle (best loot place in the game right now), and killed shit I couldn't touch before. The I went to go set up and bang out some XP leveling...and got my shit pushed in by the olthoi I previously had no problem handling.

I really don't know what to do at this point. I am thinking is partially my shield being a load of crap (could really use an upgrade), or that the spec is just...not that valid. The theory is that I have a giant wall of AL, and there for do not need 529 melee D. But in practice...it is not working the same way.

Was the Olthoi doing hollow damage through your Imped and Baned shield/armor?

Seg on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh, and:
    leveluptj0.jpg

Level 26! Grats. And what level is a drudge ravener again? They're in their fifties, right?

The monster XP levels never made any sense.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    Oh, and:
    leveluptj0.jpg

The monster XP levels never made any sense.

Later on they changed mob levels to more closely match character levels. Their levels being 'the level you should be to take these creatures out unbuffed in store bought gear'

So basically if you were buffed with 7s anything 70 levels higher than you is fair game.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    10 year anniversary... Christ me and my old roommate were in the open beta, played for a good 2 years. God the memories.

There is no Wi flag.

Detharin on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Detharin wrote: »
    10 year anniversary... Christ me and my old roommate were in the open beta, played for a good 2 years. God the memories.

There is no Wi flag.

Not anymore.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    Detharin wrote: »

There is no Wi flag.

Not anymore.

At least that is what Turbine claims...

Seg on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So my issue? yeah I don't know what it was really..I mixed it up a little, changed shields, blew up my sleeves trying to tinker them (I had a 99% chance...), so I replaced them with some killer cov bits. Now I can not eliminate where I solved my problem, but I did.

I am now back to my indestructible state in EO, and I ran around Dark Isle tonight...it was awesome, great loot, got one of the new wield 400 hiltable swords, a ton of DI XP items, and all sorts of cool stuff.

Seriously, anyone pondering coming back...Do It.

I'm having a blast, much more fun then I was having in WAR recently.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    are there new wield 400 hiltable daggers?

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Indeed, new 400 and 420 wield, hiltable daggers and swords.

The daggers, are quite common (as far as I remember all daggers are hiltable anyway), but the swords are rather rare it seems. Or they have not been proliferated through the loot table far enough. Keep in mind that melee's can only kill a handful of spawns on DI (its the same for mages, but the mage friendly spawns seem to be more common). So your only poping ~175 boddies an hour...thats really not a good chance to find a new sword, let alone a superb one.

Oh! The new hilts are a touch buggy at the moment, you can only hilt a normal weapon, then you have to try to imbue it. If you blow it up...you just wasted a 4 month timer. The trick is to go out and buy/trade for some foolproof salvage, then hilt, imbue, tink it up. Its a real hastle, but for those of us who remember the days when bandit hilts first came out....its an exciting prospect.

Regardless of the above, next months patch (July patch) has been promised by Turbine to fix these issues in totality. I don't know if any of you have tried it but...these society things? its like an open world Battle Ground. I wandered over to one of the two keeps the societies fight over...it was pretty radical, PKL auto enabled, asskicking took place.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Imbuing hilted weapons....

Jesus christ

Seg on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Seg wrote: »
    Imbuing hilted weapons....

Jesus christ

There was a bug back when imbues were released that allowed for the hilting of imbued daggers.

Friend of mine had a AR hilted dagger. That lasted a patch

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I'm probably going to spend a good portion of this evening on DI trying to find a good sword, then hilt it. My entire allegiance (and a few friends) have added the new swords to their looter plug-ins, and are going to be out trying to find me one.

Why all this effort for little 'ol me? Well, for the folks outside my allegiance, I pulled a fellow out of the fire on an Aerbax run by running in pouring down hate and discontent via my sword and crazy magic resist/melee defense and killing all his little spawn, then tanking Aerbax for a good 10 minutes while everyone rebuffed and got the quest back on track. So they are willing to find me a good hiltable sword. The Allegiance? well, I've given out a crazy amount of Epics/Majors to people who needed to fill spots on their armor.

The main reason behind this is: I am one of the few people who plays a sword character as their main character, most people have a sword melee guy, but don't use them. For some reason I know how to play a melee well, so I've impressed a few people. Because of this, most people I know are willing to take a little time out of their day to get me the first imbued/tinked/hilted 400-420 sword on SC, and possibly all servers (we haven't heard of anyone actually getting one since the patch).

I'm excited.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So I was playing just now, and Thorge (PA member here) my vassal commented that I should post links to all the good Decal plug-ins in the thread, since...well Decal is pretty much required.

Anywho. Here they are.
    Decal
    Lifetank X (The new and much better ElTank)
    Alinco (Sixth sense/bandit sight)
    GoArrow (Map/direction tool)
    MiniMap (Displays dungeon walls on the radar)
    Quest Timers (duuur)
    Skunk Vision (Easily the most useful plug in...you'll see)

Oh, and here is a tool to help find useful XP quests.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is spell research still hideously complicated? I had a kind of love/hate relationship with it. Loved the idea of it, but disliked how it came down to using offline tools to figure out what you needed. Still gets a thumbs up from me though, more trade skill things and things like trade skills need to be more than just item collection (which is all trade skills are in most current mmo's).

Yoshua on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hehe, you're way behind the times Yoshua. Years and years ago Turbine realized spell research was really awesome sounding, but with the advent of Splitpea, it was a waste of dev time to keep it going.

So now all spells are learned off a scroll (except level 8, those are hideously complicated), you buy level 1-6 in cities, then get level 7 via loot (very easy). Use scroll, learn spell. Done.

The only components you use now are Prismatic Tappers, and the appropriate scarab. In order to use these, you must devote a pack slot to the appropriate school of magics "Foci". Done and done. Magic is very simple now, which is, in turn, very nice.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yoshua wrote: »
    Is spell research still hideously complicated? I had a kind of love/hate relationship with it. Loved the idea of it, but disliked how it came down to using offline tools to figure out what you needed. Still gets a thumbs up from me though, more trade skill things and things like trade skills need to be more than just item collection (which is all trade skills are in most current mmo's).

Unless something changed Spell Research got dumped, now you go to a vendor and buy the spells you want from them. Too tedious being a reason behind it. While I didn't mind losing that, I did dislike losing the "Fizzle Dance" which was entertaining in a bizarre way, there was a group of female characters in my old allegiance who would dress in the Aerfalle T-shirts and capri type pants and then hold Aerobics classes at the mansion.

edit: Also Anon is correct about Decal being required, when my wife and I decided to retry AC right after Throne of Destiny came out Decal wasn't working very well and we very quickly lost interest in the game again.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It's not just Decal, but also plugins for Decal. What plugins are you guys doing nowadays?

I hard someone casually mention UCM a bit ago, is UCM no longer frowned upon?

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I posted all the nearly required plug-ins in this post.

UCM is not frowned upon by the player community, it never really has been. Its been "disliked", and there for petitioned against and hated upon, by those who could not figure it out, or felt it was morally wrong for some reason. Now (and for for a long long time) it is a widely accepted act. There are 275 levels to get through, levels 250+ are huge volumes of XP, that is going just about no where, since most of your skills/stats are already capped by then.

As far as the official stance...Turbine doesn't like UCM, but realizes is just a factor of the game at this point. They will occasionally swing through the big dungeons and check on people. If your standing in a hallway, blocking travel by UCMing, they will ask if you're there, if you don't reply, you get hit with a 3-day ban.

I have been UCMing in a corner of a room in a full fellow, and had 2 people get banned out of the fellow (I found out after the fact). The rest of us where quietly tucked in corners in out of the way rooms macroing. The guys that got banned where standing in halls or on ramps or in door ways, dragging spawn in and blocking the way through. So they got banned for a little while.

By and large its a safe practice. I usually only run it over night, since I sleep in the same room, and can hear the alarms go off if I happen to attract the attention of a +Envoy. I generally don't run a UCM when I go to work, I just get paranoid that that is when they will come around and get me.

Its a 3 strike policy now. 2 3-day bans, then a perma ban.

Oh, its pretty unsafe to UCM in highly trafficked places, or places that are well known as power level locations. the Glendon Wood lowbie PL is a pretty hazardous place to run a UCM for long periods of time. As well as running a UCM in places like Viss isle, or Dark Isle. Both places that lots of people run around on to get loot/trophy items. UCM's get reported instantly in those places.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I didn't mind UCMers who did it in locations that weren't frequented, or who easily accepted fellowship requests. But the ones that were located in busy areas and refused to group were the bothersome ones.

My brother started running UCMs before Turbine made UCMing against the rules. I chose to not UCM, I did use the bot program that would cast critter, life and item spells over and over again to level those skills. He would run one of those macroes that would stand on a pillar, mushroom or behind a wall and drain Olthoi/Tuskers. And then when Turbine changed how drain life worked and people started using programs like Life Tank to UCM he adopted that as well. He wasn't ever caught by turbine, but the Allegiance we were in had a no UCM rule and he actually got caught by some of our Allegiance officers. He felt really really bad about it. But that was several years ago, back when Monkey Island was still the most popular UCMing and leveling area.

The UCM problem would probably have stayed under control if they had left Experience chains alone.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Where can I get Decal? Decaldev.com is down.

Edit: It's back up. Wonder if it works with Windows 7.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ok, it worked but I immediately timed out:
    http://kita.ath.cx/ac/ScreenShot00000.jpg

Any idea what /loc that is? This character is APPARENTLY in my old apartment which still appears to contain a ton of my old stuff.

#205, Wilamil Court.

AND I discovered my lag issue. Stupid wireless with it's horrid packet loss turned itself back on.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So who all is still playing, or playing again, and what is your character names? I resubscribed about a week ago because this thread got bumped, so far I am up to 55.

Character name - Server
    Thorge - Solclaim

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Kita, are you on Solclaim? If you are not, you should be.

As for UCM stuff...now its done in very popular areas, because the plugins are so advanced now, they will auto invite people into the fellow thats going. All you have to do, is send a tell to some one whose running lifetank, saying "XP", and they will automatically invite you into the fellowship. Thats why its not bitched about any more. Even if you choose to play active, you can gain XP off those who are UCMing.

Tonight I am going to hit 200, and I took Eelektrik to Fiuns lab, and ran around killing/imperiling things for him. Got 3 levels in pretty short order. Tomorrow should be better as I realized I can get him into the lower portal, where I can wreck up the place and he can stay safe getting a couple mil an hour.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'm on Harvestgain, and will be until the servers are closed.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    To be honest, all this talk of UCMing though makes me hesitant to resubscribe when my account expires on the 5th though. I haven't downloaded Life Tank X for a reason, as I intend to not ever use it.

I'm having fun for now though, but we'll see how long that lasts when levels start taking significantly longer to gain.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    eelektrik wrote: »
    To be honest, all this talk of UCMing though makes me hesitant to resubscribe when my account expires on the 5th though. I haven't downloaded Life Tank X for a reason, as I intend to not ever use it.

I'm having fun for now though, but we'll see how long that lasts when levels start taking significantly longer to gain.

Life Tank is useful for people who don't UCM as well, it makes a pretty good buffing program. Set it to buff you and then go get yourself a refill on your drink or make a quick bathroom trip.

Seg on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Seg wrote: »
    eelektrik wrote: »

Life Tank is useful for people who don't UCM as well, it makes a pretty good buffing program. Set it to buff you and then go get yourself a refill on your drink or make a quick bathroom trip.

Agreed. I was item-only on my axeman for a long time, one of the only reasons I changed to a 3-school was because of buffing programs.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Agreed. I was item-only on my axeman for a long time, one of the only reasons I changed to a 3-school was because of buffing programs.

There was a time when the only piece of armor I would bane was my Shield, so much time spent in a corner wailing away with my sword. And then I was pointed at a buffing plug in for Decal it changed my playing style in so many ways.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Indeed, I use LTx to buff more then I use it for anything else, I got profiles for DI, AL, ML, Olthoi, Tuskers...everything. UCM, or don't UCM. A great many people don't do it, but others do. Its not like you're forced to, its just a matter of convenience for some. I like to be in the top level of MMO's, where I can go on any quest, and access most content in the game. In order to facilitate that in a rapid way, UCM is the way to go.

If you don't care about reaching that top level quickly, then don't UCM. No one is going to damn you for it. Hell you'll get lauded with praise if anything.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I totally forgot to say.

I ran paradox olthoi queen last night. That quest is c r a z y. There is a whole lot of running around in a huge hive, killing hollow bugs, then you get in a big room of acid and kill a giant bug. Great sword reward too.

It was really cool, cause while I was on that quest, I gave my armor to an allegiance mate, who gave me her Relic suit to wear for the quest. While I was on it, my monarch popped an armor tink rare, and 10 tinked my entire major suit.

So, not only did I get the best olthoi killing sword in the game yesterday, but I got my suit back, that now has 600-700 buffed AL. I'm pretty bad ass now. heh.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    AssMonkeyAssMonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow this thread brings back a lot of memories...

I wish game developers and admins nowadays would take a few examples from old school AC and have admins log in as gods/heroes of the lore in their games, and just absolutely fucking decimate people as they go about their business.

I will never forget when Bael'Zharon came into cragstone and sent me back to the lifestone, and I also remember when they started going around on Martine my patron, 2 of his other vassels, and myself battled him in the subway for a good 20 minutes as he went on a rampage killing tradebots. Easily the most fun I have ever had in an MMO.

Plus, I always did enjoy some of the epic allegiance wars we would have on Frostfell (If anyone who played on FF remembers the Wongfeihung allegiance then they know what I am talking about).

AssMonkey on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So, I'm gonna drop spec life to trained life, and spec critter. I'm hoping that being able to yield will produce any even better results, and being able to cast level 8 self buffs will be just gravy.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Quick update for the 10 year anniversary, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.warcry.com/news/view/95025-Asherons-Call-Tenth-Anniversary-Info
    Turbine's been releasing little tidbits here and there about some things coming in the update that will mark the game's 10th anniversary. So far, we have:

- New Augmentations

Yes we are adding new Augmentations for you to obtain as part of the 10th anniversary.

~ Infused War Magic
    By mastering the art of War Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast War Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.

~ Infused Life Magic
    By mastering the art of Life Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast Life Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.

~ Infused Item Magic
    By mastering the art of Item Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast Item Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.

~ Infused Creature Magic
    By mastering the art of Creature Magic you become infused with it. You no longer need any Foci or component to cast Creature Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.

~ Master of the Steel Circle
    Your skill at using all melee weapons is increased. Your effective melee skill when using any melee weapon is increased by +10.

~ Master of the Four Fold Path
    Your skill at casting all schools of magic is increased. Your effective magic skill when casting any spell is increased by +10.

~ Master of the Focused Eye
    Your skill at using all missile weapons is increased. Your effective missile skill when using any missile weapon is increased by +10.

~ Frenzy of the Slayer
    All damage you cause from melee weapons, missile weapons, or magical spells is increased. You gain a damage rating of 3 which increases all damage you do with any attack. (Damage rating is basically a percentage increase, but it is additive with other damage rating boosts. It multiplies all damage by (100 + Rating) / 100.)

~ Eye of the Remorseless
    Your chance to make a critical hit with any melee attack, missile attack or damage spell that can get critical hits is increased by 1%.

~ Hand of the Remorseless
    Your damage for any attack that successful scores a critical hit , be it melee attack, missile attack or damage spell is increased by 3%.

~ Iron Skin of the Invincible
    All damage you take from weapon or spell is decreased. You gain a damage reduction rating of 3 which reduces all damage you take. (Damage reduction rating is basically a percentage decrease, but it is additive with other damage reduction rating boosts. It divides all damage by 100 / (100 + Rating). Basically a damage reduction rating of 3 will negate a damage rating of 3.

(As an aside, we understand that some players are nearing XP cap for getting more augmentations. The tech to remove augmentations and restore the experience from that augmentation is complex and won't be in for the 10th anniversary. We went back and forth on whether to include new augmentations in this patch, but we decided that putting them in was more of a boon to the 20th anniversary despite this limitation.)

- Trinkets

All over Dereth, with the release of the 10th anniversary patch, geared trinkets infused with Aetherium have begun to appear. Creatures have begun finding these in remote corners of the land and carrying them. Many of these trinkets have strong magical properties. People throughout the lands have found that they can find and activate these trinkets and the enchantments they contain, though only one will work for them at a time. Rumors abound that some craftsmen and women have learned a previously unknown new skill that allow them to enhance the magical properties of these geared trinkets to rework them into powerful magical wards and talismans.

With the 10th anniversary we are introducing a new item slot; the trinket slot. This new gear slot will allow you to equip a new type of loot called, not surprisingly, trinkets. These gear worked items can carry enchantments just like jewelry and will drop from loot. Trinkets will drop at all levels so low and mid level characters will be able to enjoy these items as well.

- New Gearcrafting Skill

In addition, there is a new skill called Gearcrafting. This skill (cost is 2/-) allows a character to imbue trinkets with a variety of enchantments. Unlike most items, trinkets can be imbued 3 times through crafting which uses this new Gearcraft skill. Using the Gearcraft skill does not attune/bond items to you; you are free to sell or trade trinkets that you have imbued using Gearcraft. Each trinket can be imbued with one major, one moderate, and one minor imbue. These imbues add spells to the trinket that can have a variety of effects.

In additon, Gearcraft can be used to create special geared items that will make some of the less used skills more, well, useful. These items have a variety of levels, and their effectiveness increased with their skill requirement.

~ Assess Creature items: Special lenses can be crafted that can be employed by characters skilled in Assess Creature. When equipped and used, these lenses will expose the weaknesses of the enemy, allowing you to do more damage. This debuff works like Imperil and allows characters with high Assess Creature to cast an Imperil like debuff on targets. Though this won't stack with Imperil, it allows weapon using characters with rending weapons to debuff a creature without needing magic. The highest Expose Weakness debuff is equal to Imperil 7.

~ Deception items: Special crystals have been found that are enchanted by the Virindi to boost their magical knowledge. Gear crafters can craft trinkets to hold and power these crystals. These crystals appear to be slightly self aware, and though these crystals can not normally be used by those who are not Virindi, characters with a high Deception skill can fool the crystals enough to get these trinkets to activate. When used from your pack these crystals boost the Arcane Lore of characters with Deception. These crystals will buff your Arcane Lore skill, allowing you to use items previously too complicated for you to understand. The highest Arcane Lore buff will add 40 points to your skill.

~ Leadership items: Special gear enhanced war horns can be crafted that can be employed by characters skilled in Leadership. When used from your pack these war horns buff your entire fellowship. This buff adds to the hit points of everyone in the fellow for 30 minutes. The highest buff will add 10 Health to the fellowship for 30 minutes. Multiple buffs of this type don't stack with each other, but they stack with other buffs.

~ Loyalty items: Special gear enhanced medals can be crafted that can be employed by characters skilled in Loyalty. When used from your pack these medals help boost the moral of your entire fellowship. One type of medal adds a Stamina buff to everyone in the fellowship, while another type of medal adds a Mana buff to everyone in the fellowship. The highest buffs will add 10 Stamina or 10 Mana to the fellowship for 30 minutes. You can have both Stamina and Mana buffed at the same time, and these stack with other buffs. Multiple applications of these buffs do not stack with themselves.

- Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment resets

So people can plan, it is our intention to reset all the Temple of Forgetfulness and Temple of Enlightenment quest timers for the 10th anniversary patch.

citizen059 on