As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help - I think my Virtual Console broke :(

HtownHtown Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
So I've been really enjoying my Wii, especially Metroid Prime 3: Corrupition, but I'm having a fairly big problem with the Virtual Console.

I downloaded Kirby's Adventure, but now whenever I try to jump, the controls don't work right. The game fails to recognize the 2 button on the remote, and whenever I press "up" (which is actually right on the dpad when you hold the remote sideways), the game acts like I'm HOLDING up.

There's nothing wrong with the buttons themselves; they work just fine in Metroid Prime 3. I'm thinking maybe I had a button pressed when I exited the game once, so the save state might have messed the emulator up somehow. I don't know.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there a way to "reset" the controller in a virtual console game?

Am I just screwed big time?

steam_sig.png
Htown on

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Do you have another remote to test? If it is the game, you could maybe try redownloading it or something.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    OumuraOumura Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If all fails, Nintendo can probally credit you.

Oumura on
    http://www.latactics.com - Luminous Arc for DS Fansite
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    skeldare wrote: »
    Do you have another remote to test? If it is the game, you could maybe try redownloading it or something.

Just have one remote. Redownloading didn't help.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I've discovered that if I press the home key, and press the 2 button while the menu is up and go to the wii menu, when I come back to the game it will register one jump.

What?

Somebody, ANYBODY got any ideas?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    I've discovered that if I press the home key, and press the 2 button while the menu is up and go to the wii menu, when I come back to the game it will register one jump.

What?

got a gamecube controller to test it with?

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

What?

Are you using the cables you got for your Wii? Cause i know that when I got some cheap component cables and use them and play virtual console games they don't respond, but everything else works fine.

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Actually, I am using third-party component cables.

I can't for the life of me figure out how that would affect the 2 button on the remote, but I'll try switching to the standard cables for a bit.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I can't for the life of me figure out how that would affect the 2 button on the remote, but I'll try switching to the standard cables for a bit.

Yeah when I switched back to regular it worked fine again.

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Okay.

So it turns out that I'm a moron.

APPARENTLY, I'd forgotten that my Gamecube controller was hooked up to the Wii.

It was face down on the floor.

And you know what happens when a Gamecube controller is face down? That big green "win" button gets pressed. Yeah. So.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Yeah when I switched back to regular it worked fine again.

That's really interesting. I don't know what to say other than...interesting.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Okay.

So it turns out that I'm a moron.

APPARENTLY, I'd forgotten that my Gamecube controller was hooked up to the Wii.

It was face down on the floor.

And you know what happens when a Gamecube controller is face down? That big green "win" button gets pressed. Yeah. So.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Well you just wasted 15 minutes of my life.

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif