Options

Wii Zapper Pack in Title Revealed + Ghost Squad Bikini Mode!

• Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It's just a pack in, it's not like it's a standalone game or soemthing They probably had like, 3 guys working on it.
    It'll probably be some nice little fun, no need to get your panties in a notch.

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I saw this on Kotaku.

Good God kotaku readers rub me the wrong way.

"Durr, that's not even how you're supposed to hold a bow!"

"Durr, 32 players online? Imagine all the friend code entering after 32 friend codes just to play online!"

"Durr, how can Medal of Honor be multiplayer and an on-rails shooter!?"

"Durr, this is the end of the Zelda series!"

slash000 on
  • Options
    Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Who cares?

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Who cares?

About what?

slash000 on
  • Options
    Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    slash000 wrote: »
    Who cares?

About what?

About a point and shoot pack in game.

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It's a shame that this is only a light gun attachment, I would have loved to play some RE4 or MP3

Javen on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    slash000 wrote: »
    Who cares?

About what?

About a point and shoot pack in game.

I have no idea. It's at least some added incentive to spend the $20 I guess.

I personally think the zapper looks like a comfortable way to play forthcoming lightgun games.
    Javen wrote: »
    It's a shame that this is only a light gun attachment, I would have loved to play some RE4 or MP3

Er, what do you mean?

slash000 on
  • Options
    Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    And the Wii remote doesn't even work like a light-gun in the most basic sense: you don't aim at the screen and shoot, you just move a cursor. This whole thing really is just stupid. How can you even say developers are 'supporting' the Zapper? Games already use the 'point' functionality.

I'd already thought plenty about what Zero Punctuation said the other week: what's with the obsessive desire of Nintendo and Wii-fans (including those here) with making the Wiimote look exactly like whatever it's being used as? It's supposed to do away with the need for peripherals.

I'm with him. This really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I guess if the stock steadies your aim in a shooter..

Black Ice on
  • Options
    shyguyshyguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Count me in with those who have no idea why everyone is freaking out about this.

$20 for a cool, handy Wiimote shell and a pack-in game that'll probably be pretty nifty? You gotta lotta nerve, Nintendo.

Seriously, it sounds cool to me, and anything light-gun related on my Wii can only be a good thing (although if a heftier, guncon-esque thing is released once the light-gun logistics are worked out, I'll be all over that, too).

shyguy on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The pack in game could be ok. If it's like a compilation of all the Zelda archery contest minigames with added levels. But seriously, the zapper is nothing. It's a bit of plastic that does nothing. I don't see why people could be excited about it, it's like a step up from those pieces of junk that you slot the wiimote into to make it look like a baseball bat or tennis racket.

But hey, thank god they're selling it with a pack in game. And I'm sure the thing will sell like crazy anyway.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    -SPI- wrote: »
    The pack in game could be ok. If it's like a compilation of all the Zelda archery contest minigames with added levels. But seriously, the zapper is nothing. It's a bit of plastic that does nothing. I don't see why people could be excited about it, it's like a step up from those pieces of junk that you slot the wiimote into to make it look like a baseball bat or tennis racket.

But hey, thank god they're selling it with a pack in game. And I'm sure the thing will sell like crazy anyway.

this is what im trying to say. wii play + controller, the controller is what sold it...

in this pack... i have no idea what should be making me go "this is worth the $20"

Faustum on
    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    sigoj3.gif
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have to say this disappoints me.

Not that I'm passing judgement on the game, but I was really hoping for a modern enhancement of Duck Hunt or Gumshoe, or even maybe Yoshi's Safari (yeah, right, and lose the VC money?), or Hogan's Alley.

That would've been good, especially if it let you use Miis as the cardboard cutouts.

Any of those would've sold me on the Zapper for the pack-in alone, but now I need to be sold on the game before I look into this.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The pack-in sounds boring, but I am all for some damn Umbrella Chronicles.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    StregoneStregone VA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Personally I don't want to shoot life-like ducks, especially with such a visceral control scheme. The original was pretty abstract, or maybe I just didn't give a shit back then.

Stregone on
  • Options
    MgsleeMgslee United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm just wondering how a remake could be more inspiring then a brand new "mini" game?
    Sure the Zelda tie in seems like a bit weak but that shouldn't detract from the quality of the game itself.

I'm expecting a wii sports / wii play level of quality and depth and that would be worth the money imo. Its only 20 bucks and you get a shell that adds immersion to future titles (WTB TimeCrisis 4 or Police 911 with Balance Board!)

Mgslee on
    Hit me up for SSF4 games! (Xbox Live mgslee)
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Stregone wrote: »
    Personally I don't want to shoot life-like ducks, especially with such a visceral control scheme. The original was pretty abstract, or maybe I just didn't give a shit back then.

Nah, I'd want cartoon ducks, just nice, new cartoon ducks. And the dog.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    As long as one of these still comes with RE:UC

Or if it doesn't, I hope you won't have to use a zapper to play it.

Javen on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Why would you need a Zapper to play?

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    Shady_MilkmanShady_Milkman Registered User new member
    edited September 2007
    I'd want cartoon zombies. They should have packaged the zapper with The House of the Dead.

Shady_Milkman on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Narian wrote: »

Seriously, people need to realise something: The Zapper isn't anything. It's a plastic shell that goes around your wiimote and nunchuck so it looks like a gun.

And every report I read from e3 on RE:UC said that the zapper actually made the game feel worse anyway.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have to say this disappoints me.

Not that I'm passing judgement on the game, but I was really hoping for a modern enhancement of Duck Hunt or Gumshoe, or even maybe Yoshi's Safari (yeah, right, and lose the VC money?), or Hogan's Alley.

That would've been good, especially if it let you use Miis as the cardboard cutouts.

Any of those would've sold me on the Zapper for the pack-in alone, but now I need to be sold on the game before I look into this.

I'd be willing to bet good money they'll somehow get the old NES Zapper games working.

yalborap on
  • Options
    tetsuoZshimatetsuoZshima Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    To those saying :IT'S NOT A LIGHT GUN!

Modern light-gun games have IR sensors on four sides of the screen
    , because new screens cannot use the old light-gun format.

well that's great, since it comes with three more sensor bars! oh...it doesn't? ok...then..IT'S NOT A LIGHT GUN!

of course, sensor bars aren't even IR sensors...they are actually IR emitters that the remote uses to triangulate its position...the remote has the sensor. assuming that's what you meant in modern light gun games then ok....but still. when I go to an arcade i can SNAP around the screen and shoot where I want. THAT is the experience you get from a real light gun game. I have a wii, and I'm loving MP3 atm, but I can't tell you how often I get snapped out of the experience because of the speed the cursor makes its way across the screen. I haven't played a wii game yet that moves the cursor as fast as I move the remote. there are some fun games, but it's a wireless mouse. a wireless trackball even. not a gun. not by a long shot.

tetsuoZshima on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Seriously, people need to realise something: The Zapper isn't anything. It's a plastic shell that goes around your wiimote and nunchuck so it looks like a gun.

And every report I read from e3 on RE:UC said that the zapper actually made the game feel worse anyway.

Oh, well that's a relief.

Javen on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

I think most people realize this. People aren't stupid (for the most part). The reason to get excited is that it helps add another level of immersion to certain games. Take the upcoming MoH game. Sure, I can play through it using the standard Remote/Nunchuck combo like usual, and I'm sure it'll play fine this way. But to hold onto a single device with both hands as I fire my MP40 on-screen... I don't know, that just adds something to the experience, or at least I think it would. I'd certainly be excited to try it out anyway.

We all KNOW it's just a piece of plastic. It's the added immersion in the game that we're looking forward to.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Seriously, people need to realise something: The Zapper isn't anything. It's a plastic shell that goes around your wiimote and nunchuck so it looks like a gun. .

The Wii itself is a piece of plastic. That you paid $250 for.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Seriously, people need to realise something: The Zapper isn't anything. It's a plastic shell that goes around your wiimote and nunchuck so it looks like a gun. .

youre an idiot and if you are being sarcastic you are still an idiot

edit: i am reserving this space so i can draw a diagram to explain my reasoning so i dont get jailed for calling you a bad word

Faustum on
    sigoj3.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Faustum wrote: »

edit: i am reserving this space so i can draw a diagram to explain my reasoning so i dont get jailed for calling you a bad word
    Plastic, PFFT. We all know the Wii is made of two Gamecubes and duct tape.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't really understand why people would be so apprehensive about this.

The bow and arrow bits of TP were immensely fun with the Wii remote, and has been said, demonstrated the best use of the motion/pointer controls. I don't see how this could be anything but fun as hell.

I mean, I can understand wanting Duck Hunt. But this will most likely be much deeper than Duck Hunt every could be.

Graviija on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I seriously hope you're joking

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Graviija wrote: »

The bow and arrow bits of TP were immensely fun with the Wii remote, and has been said, demonstrated the best use of the motion/pointer controls. I don't see how this could be anything but fun as hell.

I mean, I can understand wanting Duck Hunt. But this will most likely be much deeper than Duck Hunt every could be.
    I haven't played it, but isn't there a version of Duck Hunt in Wii Play already?

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2007

no no im pretty sure you are sarcastic but i dont care anymore im gonna run with it

Faustum on
    sigoj3.gif
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Graviija wrote: »

I haven't played it, but isn't there a version of Duck Hunt in Wii Play already?
    I believe there is. I actually haven't played it either.

But come on. Zelda! More Zelda anywhere is a good thing.

Graviija on
  • Options
    LupintheThirdLupintheThird Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The "Duck Hunt" mode in Wii Play is really only like a few ducks and mostly a floating red+white circle target game.

Edit: Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YePLMI9pu4

LupintheThird on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

no no im pretty sure you are sarcastic but i dont care anymore im gonna run with it

No, I'm dead freaking serious. And no, I'm not being sarcastic when I say I'm serious. The Wii is a $250 piece of plastic with some metal and silicon bits inside.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    No, I'm dead freaking serious. And no, I'm not being sarcastic when I say I'm serious. The Wii is a $250 piece of plastic with some metal and silicon bits inside.
    Hey, you don't know that. There could be germanium, too!

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Hey, you don't know that. There could be germanium, too!

That's true.

I was going to let you guys get angry before I revealed that all consoles are expensive pieces of plastic, metal and silicon (and maybe germanium, too). Crazy, I know.

Some people take this hobby far too seriously.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Wii serves a purpose though.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Isn't there usually some gold in them?

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Stigma wrote: »
    The Wii serves a purpose though.

Everything serves a purpose. Except for Gnomes. Stupid Gnomes.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    courtilz8.jpg

Faustum on
    sigoj3.gif