As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SXRD Bulb Replacement - a DIY job?

LukinLukin Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm researching HDTVs (in the 50 inch, 1080i/p, $1500 range) and I am considering an SXRD set. This one seems to be well-reviewed. However, the bulb must be replaced every 3-5 years or so.

So in my research, I'm trying to figure out if this is an easy DIY job, or if it's something I'll need to contact a TV repairman for. I can't find much info on how one replaces the lamp; I'm only finding shopping sites.

cancer.jpg
Lukin on

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lukin wrote: »
    I'm researching HDTVs (in the 50 inch, 1080i/p, $1500 range) and I am considering an SXRD set. This one seems to be well-reviewed. However, the bulb must be replaced every 3-5 years or so.

So in my research, I'm trying to figure out if this is an easy DIY job, or if it's something I'll need to contact a TV repairman for. I can't find much info on how one replaces the lamp; I'm only finding shopping sites.

Download the manual from Sony's site and check for yourself :P

My Samsung has a user replaceable bulb, and there is a panel in the back you can remove to get access to it. I think most modern projection TVs allow the user to replace them. The bulbs are pretty pricey though; a replacement for my TV was $230 when I checked online.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    LukinLukin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Download the manual from Sony's site and check for yourself :P

.........oh yeah. I never even considered that a possibility. Don't I feel like a schmuck.

Lukin on
    cancer.jpg