As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finding Old-School PS1 RPGs

CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently found my girlfriend's old PS1 hidden in the basement, and out of curiosity and boredom, I hooked it up and it worked perfect. After some re-arranging, I set it up so I could play it while I exercise inside during the winter.

However, her taste in games is horrible. Plus, since I'll be on a treadmill, I'll need games that I don't need to pay complete attention to or require split-second reflexes, like TB-RPGs. I originally thought that Gamestop or a used DVD/CD/games store would have a pile of used PS1 games laying around for me to pick though, but I've found nothing. Other than e-bay, amazon.com or other online sellers, is there anyplace I can check for used PS1 games? Bonus points if you know of a store in the Pittsburgh/Western PA/WV area.

CoJoe.png
CoJoeTheLawyer on

• Options
    WeeSneakWeeSneak Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hmmm im not sure if it works the same for US than it does for the UK but over here pawn shops sell huge amounts of old games. PS1, NES, SNES, all that jazz.

WeeSneak on
    sigmh7.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Gamestop/EB unfortunately no longer sells anything older than last gen games. Game Crazy might be good, but that can vary. Really, you're best bet is going to be Eba or Amazon even though I know you asked for any place other than those.

Just keep an eye at any independent shops or flea markets I guess.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Good Will
    Pawn Shops
    Yard Sales / Garage Sales
    Flea Markets

You might have to look harder for rare games, but all of those types of places will have plenty to sift through.

stigweard on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    There's a really good webstore for this. They're 100% legit, and they have a partnership with cheapassgamer, but no one knows about them (which is a good thing because their quantities are pretty limited).

http://www.gamequestdirect.com/

HadjiQuest on