As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play: Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis. "On The Highway To Hell!" Finished

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I screen cap, pause the game, copy paste and save it, then unpause and continue. Sometimes for the ones that are close together I had to load up the last save to get it.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I wish I didn't miss all these old school adventure games.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    artifexite wrote: »
    So wait. They make you pick how you're going to solve all the problems before you are actually presented with them?

The first part of the game is linear, then there are three branches which have different approaches to their puzzles, then it converges back into a single path in the end.

And how you deal with entering backstage way at the beginning changes which path Sophia suggests to you when the split happens, but you're still free to pick whichever one you prefer (fighting Biff=Fist, sweet-talking Biff=Team, pushing the crates and climbing the fire escape=Wits).

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Kelor wrote: »
    I screen cap, pause the game, copy paste and save it, then unpause and continue. Sometimes for the ones that are close together I had to load up the last save to get it.

ok, cause I just finished Full Throttle for the first time.

are you playing these games in full screen or what?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    No, I'm running them in a smaller screen through ScummVM.

If you download it you can just run the program though it rather than booting it from the cd. You get a smaller sharper image that way.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis: "I Could Really Go For A Squab"

The story so far: (From the last update)
    After Charles Sternhart escapes with the Worldstone, Indiana and Sophia discover a Orichalcum bead in the King's Tomb. They need to find a Atlantean artifact to trade to Felipe Costa, an eccentric scholar and collector in the Azores for information on Plato's Lost Dialogue.

The only artifact they know of outside of Sophia's necklace is the object that Bjork Heimdall was chipping out of the ice in their former dig site in Iceland.

Once they arrive they discover that Heimdall has quite literally frozen himself solid in his determination to cut the figurine out of the wall. However he has managed to partially access the object, a small hole has been cut out in the ice revealing a metallic eel's head. Placing the bead from Tikal inside of the eel's mouth generates a reaction with enough heat to melt the eel figurine out of the ice.

Now armed with a Atlantean artifact, Indy and Sophia fly to the Azores to contact Costa. Upon obtaining the figurine, Costa tells them that the last location he heard regarding the Lost Dialogue of Plato was in the Pearce collection. Indy realises the collection is in fact owned by Barnett College, where he teaches.

After arriving at the College, Indiana scours the halls until he uncovers the manuscript sealed in a chest in the attic. The translation made by Sternhart reveals several mistakes made in the original text, a ten fold error in measurement, placing Atlantis within 300 miles of Greece rather than 3000. This would place its location somewhere in the Mediterranean.

It also shows that knowledge of the location of Atlantis will not provide entry, visitors wishing to gain access to the Lost City require 3 stone keys, the Sunstone, Moonstone and Worldstone. Sophia recalls two people who reputedly own or have access to a Sunstone, Alain Trotier in Monte Carlo and Omar Al-Jabbar in Algeria.

Indiana and Sophia decide to team up and look for the Lost City of Atlantis together and fly to Algeria to contact Omar Al-Jabbar.....

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

Damn straight. You cook the meals and darn the socks.

03-1.jpg

To North Africa!

04-1.jpg

How do you find someone in Africa? Call the police and tell them theres a black guy on the run from the fields!

Just kidding. Everyone knows beggars are the way to go. Turns out Omar is actually one of the beggars best customers. Okaaaay. Anyways, he's in a seedy shop on the other end of the square.

05-1.jpg

06-1.jpg

Suspicious. What about Atlantis? Anything?

07-1.jpg

08-1.jpg

He's only going to talk to us if I can show one of these disks. Doesn't seem to be much that can be done here. Except perhaps for that creepy mask.

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

Score.

12-1.jpg

:whistle:On the road again.....:whistle:

13-1.jpg

Monte Carlo: The City of Lights

14-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

16-1.jpg

Debby Downer.

17-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

Right, so Sophia heads off upstairs to get ready for Trotier while Indy looks for him. Since women take at least an hour he stops for some coffee first.

19-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

23-1.jpg

Finally some god damn recognition instead of "Oh, sounds like a dog's name."

24-1.jpg

Modesty gets you everywhere.

25-1.jpg

26-1.jpg

27-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

Why does every person I run into have to start making like 20 questions before they'll do anything?

29-1.jpg

30-1.jpg

I'll take "What is amber?" for 30 points Alex.

31-1.jpg

32-1.jpg

Like a fucking whip Jones. Like a fucking whip.

Trotier comes upstairs to see Sophia now while Indy thinks of a plan to steal his stone....

33-1.jpg

Its not rape if they can't say no!

34-1.jpg

35-1.jpg

36-1.jpg

37-1.jpg

Bedsheets?

Check.

Freaky ghost mask?

Check.

Torch?

Ahhh Check.

Now for the lights. Annnd action! (Also note the cunningly distracting words Sophia is using)

38-1.jpg

39-1.jpg

40-1.jpg

Oh he's approaching alright. Like Burger King under the cloak of darkness....

41-1.jpg

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

42-1.jpg

43-1.jpg

44-1.jpg

45-1.jpg

Thats my line damn it.

46-1.jpg

Running out of things to say here.

47-1.jpg

48-1.jpg

49-1.jpg

50-1.jpg

51-1.jpg

52-1.jpg

53-1.jpg

54-1.jpg

55-1.jpg

Nazis showing up is starting to be about as surprising as Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser.

56-1.jpg

57-1.jpg

58-1.jpg

59-1.jpg

60-2.jpg

61-2.jpg

Famous archaeologist, defender of freedom and now camel herder. (Totally shoots first as well)

62-2.jpg

63-2.jpg

64-2.jpg

65-2.jpg

66-1.jpg

Thank god. Cause I've got a lump the size of a apple on my......

67-1.jpg

Now we're talking.

68-1.jpg

69-1.jpg

70-1.jpg

71-1.jpg

72-1.jpg

A red cart that was once owned by Rudyard Kipling?

73-1.jpg

63-2.jpg

I'm not even fucking joking. A solid hour before the option showed up.

The things I do for you guys.

Now, after all that negotiating for some lipstick (Not one word from you damn it) Indy's feeling peckish.

There was a grocer down the street, I wonder what he's got for sale....

74-1.jpg

I could really go for some squab...

75-1.jpg

76-1.jpg

Of course not. Perhaps bartering then.

77-1.jpg

What? It smells so goood.

While he doesn't want the lipstick, he does need a gift for his mother in law.

78-1.jpg

They say they're more experienced.

79-1.jpg

80-1.jpg

Success!

Now hand over the squab.

But after all that Indy's not really hungry anymore.

But we're all about giving to charity around here.

82-1.jpg

83-1.jpg

Awww, you shouldn't have.

Wait an all day pass for balloon rides. Jibbed

Also, I asked the beggar what he thought of the squab afterwards.
    sogoodmq4.gif

84-1.jpg

85-1.jpg

We can't steal the balloon when its tied down. Damn ballon vendors think of everything.

86-1.jpg

Heeey now.

86-1.jpg

87-1.jpg

88-1.jpg

89-1.jpg

Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Someone should help this guy out.

Not me of course. Too risky. Guys throwing knives at you. Especially when you can't shoot them.

90-1.jpg

91-1.jpg

93-1.jpg

107.jpg

That hurts Sophia. That really hurts.

Trust me on this, its the only way.

94-1.jpg

95-1.jpg

96-1.jpg

The Bible says you're supposed to better yourself. I'm just giving her a friendly push in that direction.

97-1.jpg

98-1.jpg

99-1.jpg

100-1.jpg

101-1.jpg

102-1.jpg

See. Nothing to worry about.

103.jpg

104.jpg

Heart of gold this one has.

A heart of solid gold.

105.jpg

Just borrowing it, I swear!

106.jpg

Off to stop the Nazis.

This will be the last update for a while, I'm heading overseas on holidays, so no updates for about a fortnight.

Kelor on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dude, you're a champ. The humour is spot on.

"Soooo good."

The picture was perfect.

devoir on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The MSPaint circling was also great.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SolidusRaccoonSolidusRaccoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just love this game.

SolidusRaccoon on
    Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
  • Options
    KrazyIanKrazyIan Registered User new member
    edited September 2007
    I've lurked on the boards for a while now, but this thread pushed me into full-blown registration.

Fate of Atlantis is all kinds of awesome. I remember getting this game as a kid along with X-Wing from my Dad after he came back from a business trip to Malaysia. He commented getting a great deal on the games, and I'm not sure if he realized they were bootleg copies. The diskettes were hand-marked (1/6, 2/6 etc...) and while the manual covers looked normal, the inside pages were clearly printed using a shitty photocopier.

Good times, this is a genius thread idea, I wouldnt be opposed to having this done for all the classic adventure games. I've actually never seen the ending of the game, since we got stuck at the very end (something with the beads and the frog statue), and without gamefaqs we were pretty hosed.

Side note, the Lucas Arts Archives Vol. 1 is one of the greatest game collections in history. Seriously, Indy FoA, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, plus demos (especially cool back in the day) of Full Throttle, Dark Forces, The Dig, Rebel Assault, and Tie Fighter? Get the fuck out!

61WFKXPV73L._SS500_.jpg

KrazyIan on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    yay for reliving my childhood vicariously through your posting! I don't have to actually play the game again!

it also makes me want to play the Dagger of Amon Ra again though...

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Fun fact: you can also choose to control Sophia for the Sunstone instead of scaring him as a ghost. You actually have to take notes when you're talking to him as Indy so you can answer his questions correctly, then he holds up fingers behind his back and you have a 1/5 chance of getting it right, and there's no way but to guess there. If you manage, he just gives you the Sunstone and you never had to go fetch the mask. :)

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    SimBen wrote: »
    You actually have to take notes when you're talking to him as Indy so you can answer his questions correctly, then he holds up fingers behind his back and you have a 1/5 chance of getting it right, and there's no way but to guess there.
    So it is possible.

Damn, I must have some really bad luck then. I must've tried... what... 20, 30 times before just giving up and going the Indy scaring route.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The memories. I've replayed this game several times in the past, it's so awesome. It also made me feel like playing some of my old adventure games again. Which in turn reminded me that most of my old adventure games are back at my parents' house on the other side of the country :( I thought I had atleast brought my favorite game, Gabriel Knight, with me, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I remember seeing one of the Lucasarts Archives things several years ago, I think volume 3. I've never stopped hating myself for not picking it up when I saw it, as I never saw it again. I later got Full Throttle and The Dig in the Lucasarts Entertainment Pack. I still wish I had picked up that Archives one though.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    SimBen wrote: »
    You actually have to take notes when you're talking to him as Indy so you can answer his questions correctly, then he holds up fingers behind his back and you have a 1/5 chance of getting it right, and there's no way but to guess there.
    So it is possible.

Damn, I must have some really bad luck then. I must've tried... what... 20, 30 times before just giving up and going the Indy scaring route.

Hint: savestate at the fingers question, then just reload until you get it. :P

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh, God, the nostalgia. This game was awesome and one of the first I ever played. I wish I still had it.

twmjr on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ... Gabriel Knight movie. How good?

sogoodmq4.gif

devoir on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I think Greece is the next stop after reaching the dig site, but I might limit the updates to one or two locations at a time from here on out, since I'm ending up with 150+ screen shots for each update before I go through them.

And that means Crete music. Which is awesome. I've got a OcreMix of it sitting around somewhere I'll upload too for you guys. Its like taking a shot of nostalgia.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis: "99 Luftballoons."
    (Or how do I get this sand out of my pants?)

So I've been overseas on holidays for the last few weeks then work once I got back, so excuse the lack of updates. Now we're at the weekend I should be able to squeeze at least another in at some point after this one.

After finding the Lost Dialogue of Plato, Indiana and Sophia team up together to take the fight to the Nazis and discover Atlantis. Sophia knows of two people who may know of the location of the Atlantean outposts mentioned in the transcript, Alain Trotier in Monte Carlo and Omar Al-Jabbar in the Algiers.

Traveling to the Algiers, Sophia and Indy are told by the shopkeeper that Omar is not around at this time and they can only make an appointment if they possess one of the stone discs similar to the one stolen by Sternhart. The only one they know of at this time is owned by Trotier and so they head to Monte Carlo.

After convincing Alain to attend a seance with Sophia, they managed to trick him into leaving his stone key behind. It is the largest and most common of the keys, a Sunstone. They now return to find Al-Jabbar and get directions to the Atlantean outpost.

After arriving they find the store store keeper is infact Omar Al-Jabbar himself. He supplies them with a set of camels and a rough map (very very rough) to the outpost, where Nazis have been excavating. The camels die a mile out of town and after returning Indy managed to barter for a scarf. He then trades this for a squab to the local grocer which he then trades to a beggar in return for a All Day Balloon pass. Obtaining a knife from a knife thrower in town, Indy and Sophia cut the tether and float off into the Algerian desert in search of the digsite.
    106.jpg

Ah the desert. Home to sand, dirt and more sand. Sometimes a stray camel. Sometimes

01-2.jpg

She's guarding the balloon. Against what exactly? Who knows.

Anyways, that nomad over there might be able to help with directions.

02-2.jpg

03-2.jpg

04-2.jpg

05-2.jpg

I'll be honest with you. The digsite came up so quick I didn't actually end up managing to get many shots of wandering around the desert, it was literally the next map SE of this guy. How you ask? Keep asking the nomads!

06-2.jpg

07-2.jpg

08-2.jpg

Told you. And away we goooooooo.

10-2.jpg

Sunny Algeria. The views, the vistas, the.......

11-2.jpg

Gunshots? That doesn't sound right.

12-2.jpg

X marks the Nazi.

Not bad Jones.

Not bad at all.

13-2.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-2.jpg

16-2.jpg

I wonder where this goes....

17-2.jpg

18-2.jpg

Now to do what Indy does best. Archeology. Thats what you call stealing really old things.

19-2.jpg

20-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

Indy can't manage to get her out of the hole from above, so we're going to have to go underground and go find her.

22-2.jpg

23-2.jpg

Why?
    Because he touches himself at night

24-2.jpg

25-2.jpg

26-2.jpg

Why is it you always always stub your little toe in the dark? Its just one of those things. Anyways, after feeling around for a while, Indy discovers a small portable generator. Its out of gas though, so taking his long tubular thing.â„¢

27-2.jpg

Siphoning Gas:
    Answer

The easiest way to siphon gas without getting a mouthful is to use a long, clear hose. Put one end of the hose in to the tank to siphon from. Now let a loop of hose go all the way to the ground and then back up to a level higher than the gas in the tank. Blow on the hose and listen to be sure it is in the gas. Now suck on the hose until you see the gas come out and start down the hose. You can remove your mouth as soon as you see the gas heading down. The gas will travel through the hose and up until it reaches a level even with the tank. As you lower the end you are holding up you will see the gas rise in the hose. As soon as the end is lower than the level in the tank it will begin to flow out of that end. It will flow as long as the end stays lower than the tank level and the other end stays in the gas. It's a piece of cake once you have done it and see how it works and it will save you from getting a mouthful.

And knowing is half the battle!

28-2.jpg

I'm almost ashamed at how long it took me to find this once I filled up the tank.

30-2.jpg

And BAM! Lights are on. Now to find Sophia. That picture on the wall seems familiar.

31-2.jpg

32-2.jpg

33-2.jpg

34-2.jpg

35-2.jpg

One wooden peg and a Sunstone later......

36-2.jpg

37-2.jpg

Oh how fucking hate this stone. Well, my 7 year old self did back when I first played this. This shit was as confusing as hell. Heres the clues you need to solve it. This colony is the one mentioned on the left page of Plato's Dialogue.

Solution:
    38-2.jpg

39-2.jpg

40-2.jpg

41-2.jpg

Oh I was thinking about it. The balloon had a flat though and god knows how far it is to the nearest gas station.

42-2.jpg

43-2.jpg

44-2.jpg

45-2.jpg

I don't think I need to even say anything here. Other than its probably not the first time.

46-2.jpg

47-2.jpg

48-2.jpg

Hmm. Something harder to top than a fish on a string. That'll be hard. Maybe she got hit in the head harder than she thought.

49-2.jpg

50-2.jpg

56-2.jpg

Now to grab the spark plug and go fix that truck.

53-2.jpg

Anythings better than the back of a Volkswagen.

54-2.jpg

55-2.jpg

Next update will be longer, Crete and the ruins. This ones probably rough because I'm tired as all hell.

Also, click the title for awesomeness.

Kelor on
  • Options
    elizabexelizabex Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Great thread!! Like everyone else, this makes me super nostalgic for the old adventure games ---- I played through all of LucasArts and Sierra's offerings back in the day (first game ever = King's Quest III).

Asides:
    REMEMBER HINT BOOKS??

Remember hint books that you had to use a special marker to reveal the hints??

Remember how those hint books occasionally provided "fake" questions, and you were repremanded upon revealing the hints?

..and yes, I also called the 1-900 numbers a couple of times for answers, much to my parents' chagrin. It took a lot of convincing on my part.

ALSO (ok, last random memory!): Conquests of the Longbow (the Sierra Robin Hood one) was the game that allowed me to convince my parents to buy a, OMG, computer mouse --- there was a section in the game that was impossible to complete just using a joystick or keyboard.

Keep up the great work!

elizabex on
    elizabex.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So glad to see this thread pop to the top of the forums again! I've been wondering what happened to ya! :)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    So glad to see this thread pop to the top of the forums again! I've been wondering what happened to ya! :)

Holidays happened to me. It was horrible.
    Not really.

The Monte Carlo/Algiers part of the game is probably the least interesting part of the game though, so from here it'll only get more interesting. Crete is huge compared to the desert outpost of Atlantis.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis: "The Ship Rib Is Civilization!."

This one was a big update, 200+ screens, so its almost as big as two of the other updates together, took me some time to complete.

But its finally here, so enjoy living vicariously through me!
    After stealing a hot air balloon from its exhibition stage in the city, Indiana and Sophia drift across the Algerian desert in search of the Atlantean dig site the Nazi's are excavating. Receiving directions from some nomad encampments, they eventually cross the desert and discover it. Upon arriving at the dig site, Sophia falls into a hole in the sand and lands underground.

The dig site below is pitch black, but after some stumbling around, Indy manages to get the generator to start up again and discovers a mural hidden behind a dirt outcropping on the wall. Using the Sunstone obtained from Trottier and directions from Plato's Lost Dialogue, he manages to open up a section of the wall, freeing Sophia. Upon closer examination, the mural shows the island of Crete. Once a German truck back up on the ground is repaired, they begin their travel to the Greater Colony of Atlantis.

The Ruins of Crete
    001.jpg

Crete. Beautiful beaches, ancient ruins to explore and sunny vistas. But we don't get to enjoy any of that because we're off to save the world.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Indy finds the indentation that allows passage into the great colony of Atlantis almost right away, but with one problem. The Sunstone doesn't do anything. A quick check of the dialogue shows that we need another disc, a Moonstone to get in.

Of course.

Otherwise it would be too easy.

034.jpg

010.jpg

To the east of the spindle is a series of partially excavated ruins. Looks like its time for some good 'ol fashioned archeology. Thats what they call wandering around and sifting through dirt when you're not fighting off hordes of Nazis.

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Aha! A surveyor's scope. We'll steal that later, for the moment its time to wander round. And in one of the houses is this......

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Well it could be worse I guess. Time to go steal that telescope.

018.jpg

019.jpg

Thats just what we were after. Now, to the horns!

020.jpg

After breaking open several priceless pieces of masonry, Indy uncovers the tail from the diagram. Its for the greater good!

022.jpg

Now all we have to do is line it up with the horns.

027.jpg

Damn it woman. Clear the sights, we're making lines here.

023.jpg

024.jpg

Success! And now for the bulls head....

029.jpg

030.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

After applying the trusty ship rib to "X marks the spot" Indy is now up one Moonstone. Back to the spindle!

035.jpg

036.jpg

Again, heres the clues for those of you wanting vengeance on the bastard disc puzzles when you were kids.

The Sunstone ring in clockwise order from 12 o'clock; Darkness, Rising Sun, Noon Sun, Setting Sun.
    The Moonstone ring clockwise order from 2 o'clock; New Moon, Waxing Moon, Full Moon, Waning Moon.

Solution:
    037.jpg

038.jpg

The Labyrinth of Knossos:

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

On the shelf behind are three heads. Zeus, Ares and Apollo. We'll be taking all of them.

048.jpg

Or would be if taking the third didn't block us from entering the labyrinth. So how do we get the third one you ask? The ship rib is too short, so whip it is.

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

Really? Really? People were scared of that? I'd be more worried about Grues myself, but hey, thats me.

As you can see, Indy's got a head collection he's putting together in the inventory screen, so its time to add the minotaurs to it.

But before that.....

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

Ouch. Ouch.

Right, well right now it looks like the only head Indy is getting is going to be that minotaurs.

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

Badum-Tish!

064.jpg

Well shit.

Gee, that skeleton looks familiar....

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

It can't be any harder than escaping a tomb full of snakes right? Might as well dig through his stuff. Mr PhD isn't going to be using it anymore.

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

He had a good run. Should have packed more food though, hunger is murder on the stomach.

076.jpg

Indy: 1
    Sternhart: -1

One for dying, one for getting the disc back. We'll steal his walking stick for good measure too.

077.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

Going? I'm getting away from you. And this dank little cavern we're in.

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

A little further in Indy comes across another shelf. Head hunting pays off, the busts of Zeus, Apollo and Ares lower the shelf once they are placed on it, raising up the metal gate. Must have been a bitch for the Atlanteans to lug them around as keys.

085.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

Success! With the chock free, the elevator is back in working condition. Now to get that gold box....

There was another door leading downstairs back down the passageway.

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

First floor. Priceless gold boxes.

091.jpg

And not just a gold box either. Orichalchum beads. Have to keep them away from Sophia and her necklace. She's the Robert Downey Jr of the archaeological world. Always popping them.

Now to get back to Sophia with the news.

092.jpg

At the back of the cavern is the door Sternhart was trapped in. The only way through looks like it'll be Sophia.

093.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

096.jpg

097.jpg

Snakes? Snakes?! Right, well you're definately going first. Now you've just got to convince her Indy.....

098.jpg

Yeah, I choose that one too.

099.jpg

100-2.jpg

101-2.jpg

102-2.jpg

103-1.jpg

Smooth Indy. Smooooth.

104-1.jpg

105-1.jpg

106-1.jpg

After some more smooth talking, we're finally making some progress.

107-1.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

Ah, reverse psychology at its best. No snakes to be seen either.

118.jpg

119.jpg

Using the amber fish on a string Sophia found back in Algeria as a orichalcum detector, it begins pointing at Indy. Its reading the beads that were under the gold box we picked up. The gold box itself is lead lined, so the beads are placed inside and the box closed, now safe from metal detecting fish and Superman.

120.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

129.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

134.jpg

Hmmm, quick Jones, what to tell her?

133.jpg

No no no, thats too obvious. Think subtle.

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

Right, back to the fish then.

138.jpg

139.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

The ship rib is civilization.

144.jpg

145.jpg

That attachment to that necklace is kind of freaky. Like borderline obsessive compulsive. And now through the doorway.....

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

Again, here are your clues for the new puzzle. I think a lot of people got stuck on this one as kids, or the one after, since some of the instructions are confusing as all hell.

153.jpg

154.jpg

The Sunstone in clockwise order from 2 o'clock: Rising Sun, Noon Sun, Setting Sun, Darkness.
    The Moonstone in clockwise order from 2 o'clock: Waxing Moon, Full Moon, Waning Moon, New Moon.
    The Earthstone in clockwise order from 12 o'clock: Volcano, Eastern Sea, Temple, Western Sea.

Solution:
    155.jpg

156.jpg

157.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

Right, now to try door number two.

160.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

165.jpg

Man, I was being serious Klaus. Don't do this to yourself!

166.jpg

167.jpg

168.jpg

169.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

176.jpg

177.jpg

Bastard. Best check out where I'll be for a while.

178.jpg

Some loose rocks. Time to break out the ship rib again. Who needs a crowbar?

179.jpg

Victory!

180.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

183.jpg

184.jpg

185.jpg

186.jpg

187.jpg

188.jpg

189.jpg

190.jpg

191.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

194.jpg

195.jpg

196.jpg

197.jpg

Well I tried to tell him. You all heard me right?

Bon Jovi, eat your heart out.

198.jpg

199.jpg

This seems familiar.....

200.jpg

201.jpg

202.jpg

203.jpg

I hope you're happy with yourself Wotan. I don't even get to fight this guy, even though he gets beat up.

204.jpg

205.jpg

206.jpg

207.jpg

208.jpg

It feels good to be a king.....err captain.

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

212.jpg

I was doing a better job of flying the blimp than they are driving this sub.

Tune in next time for Indy's rendition of the Yellow Submarine.

Might be a couple of days though, depending on work.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    See, that's the thing that never made sense to me. How come sometimes you have to line up the stones with the horns and sometimes you have to line them up opposite the horns? It doesn't make any sense! :(

Back when I was a kid, it took me more than a couple playthroughs to figure out that the answers to the stone puzzles were in the Dialogue... I solved them all by trying every. single. combination. one after another.

:(

I was all wtf why does this game's pace slow down so much when I get to those. D:

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm not sure if this counts as a spoiler, so just to be safe:
    You're always aligning the sunstone with the horns. You then align the other stones to the sunstone (not to the horns), according to whatever the lost dialogue tells you.

Unless you meant getting into Atlantis itself. As it says, "final entrance yielded only to contrary minds" ;)

First time I ever played this game, the stones made no sense to me whatsoever either. I think someone gave me a cheat sheet. I didn't realize the lost dialogue told you how to do this till the second time I played the game (and I didn't have said cheat sheet anymore).

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Kelor wrote: »
    I hope you're happy with yourself Wotan.
    Why yes, I am very happy, thank you. :D

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm not sure if this counts as a spoiler, so just to be safe:
    You're always aligning the sunstone with the horns. You then align the other stones to the sunstone (not to the horns), according to whatever the lost dialogue tells you.

Unless you meant getting into Atlantis itself. As it says, "final entrance yielded only to contrary minds" ;)

First time I ever played this game, the stones made no sense to me whatsoever either. I think someone gave me a cheat sheet. I didn't realize the lost dialogue told you how to do this till the second time I played the game (and I didn't have said cheat sheet anymore).

...what.

You're telling me that all this time, any given stone's original position never changed and you just had to align the new one properly? Except for the "contrary minds" one? For all these years it was that fucking simple???

I hate you, Indy. I hope you're happy with my ruined childhood. :(

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh my god, I hate this game so much.
    When you fix the Nazi sub, and are supposed to drive it to Atlantis, is should be so simple.

I NEVER figured out where to go. Never. People have explained it to me over and over, but I just don't understand. To this day, I have to idea what happens after that point in the game.

Food on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Food wrote: »
    Oh my god, I hate this game so much.
    When you fix the Nazi sub, and are supposed to drive it to Atlantis, is should be so simple.

I NEVER figured out where to go. Never. People have explained it to me over and over, but I just don't understand. To this day, I have to idea what happens after that point in the game.

The sub update will be next, then once I finish that portion we'll be at the gate of Atlantis. Some of the art design in Atlantis is pretty amazing.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis: "We All Live In A Yello....Nazi Submarine, A Nazi Submarine!"

Again, apologies for the long (in this case very long) gap in between updates, life, work, g/f, Mario Galaxy, Radiant Dawn, etc etc.

On the previous episode of Indiana Jones:
    After hijacking a hot air balloon from the rooftop of a building in Algeria, Indy and Sophia drift across the ocean (badly) to the Isle of Crete. Plato's Lost Dialogue and a mural found at a Lesser Outpost of Atlantis found in the Algerian desert reveal Crete to be the resting place of a Greater Colony of ancient Atlantean civilization.

While exploring the ruins, they come across a Moonstone, a disc similar to the Sunstone that is required for entry into both Greater Colonies and Atlantis itself. Using the stone keys, they gain access to the inside of the colony. Inside, what they find leads them to believe that the outpost is the basis of the Minotaur's Labyrinth of Greek myth.

In one of the deeper caverns they come across the corpse of Charles Sternhart, who had stolen the Worldstone from them earlier in Tikal. Using a amber fish Sternhart had in his possession as a compass, they eventually come across a large chamber which a complete replica of the city of Atlantis on the floor.

Solving the puzzle with the newly acquired Worldstone, Indy proceeds through the door, only to turn around to see Klaus Kerner follow through. Sophia is taken with the Nazis so that they can use her as a guide upon reaching Atlantis.

Trading his life for the stone keys, Indy is then locked inside the room to die. After digging his way out Simon style, he boards the sub.

On U-Boats and confusing labels.
    001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Ah German. Totally incomprehensible to everyone but crazy people. Maybe they just gas the people who can't understand it.

But thats some quality engineering right there.....

003-1.jpg

Or maybe not.

004-1.jpg

Oh....the prank call possibilities are just endless.

Better not though, just in case.

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Right, now the coast should be all clear. Indy to the recue!

007-1.jpg

There's Sophia! Thats a awful big gun that guard has though, so it may be best to hold off for the moment.

008-1.jpg

Tempting as it may be to go all Schofield on their asses, it'll have to wait till we're clear of the sub.

But look, its two of our friends!

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

Well shit.

Might have been a good idea to steal the keys before tossing him overboard. Because that strongbox sure as hell isn't going to open up.

023-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

Mmmm. Submarine sandwiches. And a mug.

But rule one of archaeology is grab everything that isn't nailed down. Or sometimes even if it is.

026-1.jpg

Thats going to put a cramp on exploring that section of the sub. Also apparently submariners only come in two sizes. To the loudspeaker!

027-1.jpg

Its almost too easy.

028-1.jpg

I think Germans just invented German incase someone ever broke into a house or vehicle, they wouldn't be able to understand a god damn thing.

And slowing down PAL releases. That too.

031-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

In which case its time to pull out the stein.

033-1.jpg

Better let Sophia know that Indy is on board to break up the monotony of listening to his hobbies.

034-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

Dude loves his torture.

039-1.jpg

040-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

042-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

044-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

047-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

052-1.jpg

Perfect. Now to sneak attack from behind.

053-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

056-1.jpg

057-1.jpg

058-1.jpg

059-1.jpg

060-1.jpg

061-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

063-1.jpg

Now to do what I really got her to trick the guard for.

064-1.jpg

Toilet is blocked up to hell and back. Must be all those cold cuts at work. Or the sauerkraut.

065-1.jpg

Now to get those keys back.

066-1.jpg

067-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

If Indy was a short Japanese guy with a sword who could travel through time he'd be jumping up and down yelling "Yata!!!" right about now.

069-1.jpg

Its almost too easy.

070-1.jpg

Or maybe not.

071-1.jpg

072-1.jpg

073-1.jpg

074-1.jpg

075-1.jpg

076-1.jpg

077-1.jpg

078-1.jpg

079-1.jpg

080-1.jpg

081-1.jpg

082-1.jpg

083-1.jpg

Well that was helpful. Now to just unlock the rudder and we'll try out how hard these things are to drive.

It can't be any worse than a hot air balloon right?

085-1.jpg

086-1.jpg

Keys recovered? Check
    Rescued the girl? Check
    Sandwich made? Check
    Submarine pilot's license? Shit. Knew I forgot something.

087-1.jpg

One plunger fits all. And awaaaay we go!

089-1.jpg

090-1.jpg

091-1.jpg

092-1.jpg

And you have to reverse the damn thing into Atlantis too.

Because otherwise it would just be too easy.

And now we're at Atlantis.

Stay tuned for the next update, where we break through that "contradictory minds" bullshit that stalled us all when we were younger.

I've also split all the updates into the OP so you can read each entry at a time to save time while the images load.

Kelor on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Actually it was the discs outside the ruins on Crete that always got me stuck for the longest time.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    NeelixNeelix Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Didn't the stone solutions change each time you played the game?

Neelix on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I like how that submarine has to be controlled by 4 separate people in 4 different areas of the boat, simultaneously, with no easy way to communicate with each other. The steering wheel's in the brig, and it's locked, and there's a guy whose job it is to flip the "reverse" lever.

Yet Indy can somehow operate all 4 at once. He's just THAT GOOD.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Neelix wrote: »

They do, there are preset variations and Plato's Dialogue changes each game to fit the new one. So if you played it enough times they would repeat, but theres a hell of a lot of variations you can do with those stones.

I know this from when my brother and I went trial and error through them all in Crete when we were kids.

And SimBen, its called a Flugeldufel. Geez.

Kelor on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Yes, and that was the spot I always got stuck on the longest.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    squirlysquirly Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Can't find my CD, boo. :(

squirly on
    Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]
  • Options
    KesterKester Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

There were a few puzzles that changed each time, I recall. There's the stones, obviously, and I know there were 4 or 5 places the Lost Dialogue could be. Can't remember any others right now, but there may have been more.

I never realised when I was a kid that you could scare the guy in the hotel when he's talking to Sophia. I always assumed there was some way you were supposed to know how many fingers, but I couldn't figure it out. I hated it so much. (Turns out I hated it because I was too stupid to figure out the right way to do it. :lol:) Don't you basically lose the game if you get that question wrong, but it doesn't tell you so? The guy won't talk to you any more, so you can't progress, but I spent ages wandering about trying to find some other way to get the artifact.

I'm loving this, I had forgotten how good all the Indy/Sophia dialogue was, keep it up!

Kester on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yay for update! Thanks Kelor!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    NeelixNeelix Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Kester wrote: »

There were a few puzzles that changed each time, I recall. There's the stones, obviously, and I know there were 4 or 5 places the Lost Dialogue could be. Can't remember any others right now, but there may have been more.

I never realised when I was a kid that you could scare the guy in the hotel when he's talking to Sophia. I always assumed there was some way you were supposed to know how many fingers, but I couldn't figure it out. I hated it so much. (Turns out I hated it because I was too stupid to figure out the right way to do it. :lol:) Don't you basically lose the game if you get that question wrong, but it doesn't tell you so? The guy won't talk to you any more, so you can't progress, but I spent ages wandering about trying to find some other way to get the artifact.

I'm loving this, I had forgotten how good all the Indy/Sophia dialogue was, keep it up!

Ahh yes I do remember the book appearing in different places. For instance, one of the places it could be is inside the bookshelf that you dump on top of yourself in the beginning of the game. You would have to find an arrowhead and use that to unscrew the back panel off of the bookshelf, and pluck the book out that way.

Even if you piss of the guy in Monte Carlo, you can always go back outside and convince him to come in again. I remember trying the seance several times because I forgot to grab the mask.

Kelor, are you going to do the good or the bad ending?
    When I was a kid I was always terrified of Sophia in that ending, and thought it was so sad the way she sinks with Atlantis.

Neelix on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Kester wrote: »

You can convince Trottier to come back in again, but it takes a whole lot of ass-kissing.

SimBen on
    sig.gif