As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What are my options for Xbox 360 controller converters?

SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
If I wanted to use a Saturn, PS1/PS2, or PC USB controller on my 360 (not all of them, just one of them), what do I need? Are there any options besides the XFPS 360 and XFPS 360 Pro? They're, uh, a bit pricey. D:

poasting something foolishly foolish.
Sixfortyfive on

• Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Short answer: None

The XFPS 360 is a (expensive) piece of crap basically, one of the big issues is that you must move it a constant speed & not all mice work with it (then there is the lack of deadzone & sensitivity issues as well). It is only for keyboard + mouse, not other console controllers.

All hardware that interacts with the 360 must be certified (or was it need to have hardware keys?) or they wont work, not even xbox-controllers can be connected to the 360.
    (Although external (non-MS) storage does allow streaming, but not saving gamesave/demos/etc on them).

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Blech.

Well, at any rate, all that I'm looking to use with this are digital pads, so dead zones and sensitivity shouldn't be an issue as long as it's responsive. I basically want to use one of my three Saturn style pads for 2D games (XBLA and whatnot) or others that don't require analog control (fighters, etc.), as the stock controller's D-pad is crap.

Am I still out of luck?

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Blech.
    (...)
    Am I still out of luck?
    Yah SOL, the XFPS 360 is only for plugging in keyboard + mouse.

Some have modified the 360 controller (sanding down the hole so the d-pad can move more precisely), but its nothing I have tried.

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png