As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicits for Dec. 2007! Now with 3X the THWIP!

2

Posts

  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think there's gonna be a lineup shuffle post-Skrullpocalypse. Right now, it's looking like Jessica Drew's going to Mighty.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Am I the only one who thinks that cover with Jackpot is terrible? It looks like it was rendered in Poser or something.

    Munch on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Full solicits are up! I'll update the OP when I get time to read them.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    I liked Back in Black quite a bit. Apparently I'm in the minority.
    I liked it a lot too, despite the drawn out conclusion.

    Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    HULK VS. FIN FANG FOOM ONE-SHOT
    Written by PETER DAVID
    Penciled by TBA
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Prepare yourself for a showdown of epic proportions. The gamma irradiated goliath, the Hulk, faces off against the mighty Marvel monster, Fin Fang Foom. This action-packed double-sized one-shot will take two of Marvel’s BIGGEST… GREENEST monsters, and pit them against one-another. And you can be sure that when these big brutal beasts collide, ain’t nobody gonna be happy. So place you’re bets folks, cause this one’s going to make it into the last rounds…
    My money is on the FOOM! Plus, classic slugfests from the past!
    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

    Awesome

    deadonthestreet on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    HULK VS. FIN FANG FOOM ONE-SHOT
    Written by PETER DAVID
    Penciled by TBA
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Prepare yourself for a showdown of epic proportions. The gamma irradiated goliath, the Hulk, faces off against the mighty Marvel monster, Fin Fang Foom. This action-packed double-sized one-shot will take two of Marvel’s BIGGEST… GREENEST monsters, and pit them against one-another. And you can be sure that when these big brutal beasts collide, ain’t nobody gonna be happy. So place you’re bets folks, cause this one’s going to make it into the last rounds…
    My money is on the FOOM! Plus, classic slugfests from the past!
    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

    Awesome

    Why wouldnt they announce the artist.

    If I'm going to buy a book that is essentially a giant fight scene the art better be fucking amazing

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It is a sad day indeed when a Runaways solicit makes me go "Oh, who cares, bring on the new team."

    Especially when half of that new team is an artist I hate.

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, looking at the Warbound cover, I'm guessing Miek bites it. Also, Hiroim is missing his left arm. D:

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ultimates 3 is only 5 issues long? It took like 2 years for Joe Mad to do 5 issues? I've pretty much written it off, as Loeb's interviews and the reverting to 616 characterization has turned me off from the series, but still, they couldnt even get enough for the regular 6 issue trade length?

    KVW on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Guys The Initiative has been a really awesome book every single issue.

    Too bad a couple of my buds at the local store don't read it because it's "conservative propaganda".

    Haha, Stark haters.

    Wait, what? It's pretty much the exact opposite of conservative propaganda. O_o

    It was just a joke they were making. They probably are reading too many books already to pick it up.

    But they should. Because it is fuck-awesome.

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Guys The Initiative has been a really awesome book every single issue.

    Too bad a couple of my buds at the local store don't read it because it's "conservative propaganda".

    Haha, Stark haters.

    Wait, what? It's pretty much the exact opposite of conservative propaganda. O_o

    It was just a joke they were making. They probably are reading too many books already to pick it up.

    But they should. Because it is fuck-awesome.

    Yeah, it's like X-Men at the beginning if the Prof were a ruthless hardcase and the X-men were forced to join because of the social pressure at the time.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Guys The Initiative has been a really awesome book every single issue.

    Too bad a couple of my buds at the local store don't read it because it's "conservative propaganda".

    Haha, Stark haters.

    Wait, what? It's pretty much the exact opposite of conservative propaganda. O_o

    It was just a joke they were making. They probably are reading too many books already to pick it up.

    But they should. Because it is fuck-awesome.

    Yeah, it's like X-Men at the beginning if the Prof were a ruthless hardcase and the X-men were forced to join because of the social pressure at the time.

    Oh you mean like Ultimate X-Men?

    KVW on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Not really no

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Anyone else think non-lizard Komodo was hot? :winky:

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    I think there's gonna be a lineup shuffle post-Skrullpocalypse. Right now, it's looking like Jessica Drew's going to Mighty.

    Well, plus her appearance alongside them at the end of New Avengers #34.


    But, uh... heh. I like that Ed Brubaker is one of the writers on What If? Civil War.

    Crimsondude on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I haven't read the latest NA, thanks to Marvel Direct being staffed by slow bitches.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    KVW wrote: »
    I didnt mean to insult you if you took offense. It was more a changing your answer to reply to the other guys question. I read Back in Black. It was enjoyable and had some decnet moments but could have been done in 1 or 2 issues tops and had been done many times before in previous Spider-man stories.

    The only reason I can think of the black costume being used despite MJ hating it and forbidding him from using it because it made her scared of her own husband was that they watned it for the movie tie-in. Having Peter switch back to the red and blues for no reason for OMD confirmed this. He is falling further and further and is going lower than he was in the entire BiB as he is lashing out at friends and family now. If he supposedly only switched to black and white for the emotional aspect, I cant see any reason for him to switch back to red and blue.

    Sorry you took my joking comment as a personal insult.

    Actually that was my mistake, for some reason I thought you were the same dude who asked the original question.

    Although I still disagree that he changed back to the red and blue for "no reason"

    See, that's the thing. I also read BiB, or at least the main title, and I still couldn't figure out why he's suddenly out of it. Have they explained it, or is he just wearing his red and blue and everyone's acting the same, no "Hey, what's up with you changing again?"

    They should have a least gone without the whole "mourning Cap" angle, at least that way it would have been timely and after a while he could have said something like time to move on.

    noir_blood on
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    It is a sad day indeed when a Runaways solicit makes me go "Oh, who cares, bring on the new team."

    Especially when half of that new team is an artist I hate.

    Who is the new team anyway? I know Terry Moore is doing something, but I'm rather surprised he's not doing both, since that's always been his thing.

    Aoi on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Terry Moore is writing and Humberto Ramos is doing the art.

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Terry Moore is writing and Humberto Ramos is doing the art.


    That's a shame. I think I would like to have seen Moore's interpretation of the characters. Of course it would have probably taken 3 months an issue that way.

    Aoi on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    KVW wrote: »
    I didnt mean to insult you if you took offense. It was more a changing your answer to reply to the other guys question. I read Back in Black. It was enjoyable and had some decnet moments but could have been done in 1 or 2 issues tops and had been done many times before in previous Spider-man stories.

    The only reason I can think of the black costume being used despite MJ hating it and forbidding him from using it because it made her scared of her own husband was that they watned it for the movie tie-in. Having Peter switch back to the red and blues for no reason for OMD confirmed this. He is falling further and further and is going lower than he was in the entire BiB as he is lashing out at friends and family now. If he supposedly only switched to black and white for the emotional aspect, I cant see any reason for him to switch back to red and blue.

    Sorry you took my joking comment as a personal insult.

    Actually that was my mistake, for some reason I thought you were the same dude who asked the original question.

    Although I still disagree that he changed back to the red and blue for "no reason"

    See, that's the thing. I also read BiB, or at least the main title, and I still couldn't figure out why he's suddenly out of it. Have they explained it, or is he just wearing his red and blue and everyone's acting the same, no "Hey, what's up with you changing again?"

    They should have a least gone without the whole "mourning Cap" angle, at least that way it would have been timely and after a while he could have said something like time to move on.

    He explains why he changes back when he does it.. and it's basically for the reason I posted above before KVW edited it.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    What's Humberto Ramos' art look like nowadays?

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    But the whole reason JMS contrived for it made no sense based on the original purpose of the black costume. JMS has him saying the black costume was for sending a message that the rules dont apply anymore and that he stopped wearing it because of that, which is totally false.

    He originally got it as the symbiote when he was looking to replace his torn and beat up costume in Secret Wars. He kept it because it was so functional and made his life easier. He never cared it was black or menacing or evil looking. When it was revealed as a symbiote, he made a cloth version to keep wearing cuz he liked it. The only reason he got rid of it was because of Venom. Venom terrorized Mary Jane and she could only associate the costume with Venom after issue 300 and basically begged Peter never to wear it because it frightened her. Never does he stop wearing it because of the message it sent to villains or because it was 'evil' or 'intimidating' looking. JMS made that up for his story to get him into a costume to coincide with the movie.

    Yes, JMS did a decent job getting him into the costume without making it look too forced, but doesnt change the reasons for the change in my eyes.



    Humberto Ramos is most noteably seen on X-Men these days. Heres a quick look.

    XMEN194cvrcol.jpg

    KVW on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, but here's his Runaways work:
    RUNAWAYS_SAGA.jpg
    Runaways-by-Ramos.jpg

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If they make him draw Molly more like the rest of 'em in the second picture, it should be pretty good.

    All the new art in the Runaways Saga book looked really rushed to me.

    The X-Men pick shows me that it's not like he's lost his touch (I was reading an Impulse trade recently and it was fantastic-looking), so hopefully the normal issues will look better.

    I... I really don't want to drop Runaways.

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think Runaways is a great fit for him, personally. The only person I might have liked to see there instead is Skott Young.

    Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think Ramos' art looks fine aside from Molly's weirdo eye in that 2nd pic.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Poor Hiroim.

    Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I really like Ramos' art. Except for Iceman's little black panties. God those crack me up.

    Mr Pink on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I jus twant to know what the nipple pump on Cable's chest does.

    KVW on
  • DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Marvel preview for Punisher War Journal.....aka: WTF

    http://marvel.com/news/comics.1554.Punisher_War_Journal_%2312_Preview

    so yeah...first he has a Captain American design costume, now this, I'm putting $2 on that his NEXT costume will be some Iron Man / War Machine suit (actually...war machine would make sense, with a punisher skull on it) hmmm.

    DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Armed with his new costume, two chainsaws and a gun that shoots swords
    Armed with...a gun that shoots swords
    a gun that shoots swords

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    And he's fighting Mung. Awesome.

    Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Did I miss something? The Punisher has a costume that repairs itself and fashions guns for him? Is it the venom symbiote? Teh hell is going on? Frank shouldn't be going toe to toe with the warbound! *Meager geek arm flailing commences*

    Caveman Paws on
  • mulliganmulligan Registered User
    edited September 2007
    it's official, matt fraction has gone completely insane. someone at marvel needs to have that guy committed, before he ruins one of the company's best characters.

    mulligan on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Did I miss something? The Punisher has a costume that repairs itself and fashions guns for him? Is it the venom symbiote? Teh hell is going on? Frank shouldn't be going toe to toe with the warbound! *Meager geek arm flailing commences*
    Not just guns, man. Guns that shoot swords!

    And two chainsaws! It's going to be XTREEME

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Did I miss something? The Punisher has a costume that repairs itself and fashions guns for him? Is it the venom symbiote? Teh hell is going on? Frank shouldn't be going toe to toe with the warbound! *Meager geek arm flailing commences*
    Not just guns, man. Guns that shoot swords!

    And two chainsaws! It's going to be XTREEME

    I thought part of the point of War Journal was to be as absurd as possible. Then again, I don't read it because I am out of cash.

    Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    mulligan wrote: »
    it's official, matt fraction has gone completely insane. someone at marvel needs to have that guy committed, before he ruins one of the company's best characters.

    Are you kidding me?

    THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »

    a gun that shoots swords


    I don't even know what to do with this...lime ain't right, so i guess magenta is the only way to freakin express how odd this is. why does this scream "LETS GO BACK TO THE 90's!!"

    DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    He has a knife that shoots knives at people, I guess this was the next logical step.

    Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
Sign In or Register to comment.