Mount&Blade .890 Is Out! "Charge!"

MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,26287.0.html
The download link for the installer is as follows (103MB):
http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_0890_setup.exe

If you use a torrent downloader, you can also use the following torrent:
http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_0890_setup.exe.torrent
(Many thanks to Janus who suggested using torrents for distribution and did the basic research)

And also with HyperFileshare : here

For those that don't know, Mount&Blade is some sort of RTS and Third-person game wrapped around a sexy RPG. Like Oblivion, but with horse combat and small armies, minus the elves, bloom, and OMG awesome graphics. So graphics have their issues, but it still rocks. Think of X2 in space, but without the slow travel times and annoying hardware issues (despite this being a prerelease version).

Also, developed by some indie group.
For those that bought full versions of previous versions, you can email them for updated license stuff if you have problem.

Some pictures:
4.jpg
16.jpg
26.jpg

Changes:
More settlements and kingdoms.
Ragdoll physics!
Attitude information on NPCs
Quick Battle!
More people in battles
Changes to numerous weapons, exp drops, and loot drops
New world map view
New graphical effects
Month day and year shown on map
Camp options on world map
NPCs walk in towns
Mount riding and combat was overhauled. faster.

steam_sig.png
Machismo on

• Options
    corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Argh it's times like this I wish I wasn't using a G4 PowerBook and a G5 iMac.

I loved that game. I even own it!

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Normally I'd be pissed because I just redownloaded this and the Last Days a few days ago, but since for some reason Last Days doesn't work for me, I feel only joy

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ok, so I have to ask, what is the best way to get experience, money, and such in this game? I am a complete newbie, really. I played some and love it, but am generally lost.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Machismo wrote: »
    Ok, so I have to ask, what is the best way to get experience, money, and such in this game? I am a complete newbie, really. I played some and love it, but am generally lost.

Well I don't know about this new version at all, but in the last version this is what I did:

1: get trained by the trainer in Zendar
    2: go to Tihr, fight river pirates along the way
    3: fight in arena in Tihr, bet maximum amount of money on yourself
    4: ???
    5: Profit!

Also learn how to couch the lance because it is the best weapon

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    the best way to get money and xp by far is to run missions for the lords of the towns. particularly the one to stop the enemy raiding party. it requires a strong army to do, but it's a guaranteed 4k xp, 4k gold, and tons of expensive loot

at least that was the case last version; I haven't tried this version yet... why did they have to finally release a patch when there's so many other great games that just came out and are about to come out!

but anyone who hasn't played this game, MUST. like 20 times better than most retail games. the mounted combat is unsurpassed. very hard to believe the game was made by like 2 people (with like 3 more who joined the team after the fact).

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mount & Blade is awesome. I suppose I'll give it a whirl again at some point.
    Does get a bit repetitive once you get too powerful though. It's still a work in progress, so it's understandable, with the plot still missing and whatnot. The game is more entertaining than most retail ones, which is interesting considering it's not even ready.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Awesome and also oh no.

There are so damn many things out now.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Holy fuck this version of Mount&Blade is completely different

Seriously you guys, fucking download this thing right now, it's amazing

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    anyonehave a lsit of changes they made?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Mount & Blade is already a timeless classic in my opinion

one of the best games ever (being) made

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mount and Blade is fun but it's still too shallow, you can see the potential for all these exciting things to do and none of it is really in at the moment so you just ride about and kill badguys and it's all a bit sad.
    anyonehave a lsit of changes they made?
    No, there isn't an official one as apparently one wasn't actually kept during development for some reason.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    DON'T GO AFTER RIVER BANDITS! OMG!

Dozens of them... they kicked my ass... and my men.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Do I have to start over, or will my old save work?

Also, no mention of inverse kinetics on the collision detection of weapons (I hate it when swords simply pass through everything).

Maps are reported bigger, but no mention of the god awful game crippling fucking grand canyons on half of the fucking randomized maps...

EDIT: Holy fucking shit! Siege weapons! *drool* Can I set them on fire? Pretty please!

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Siege Weapons?

Oh holy crap, where did I put my serial key.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It's fucking hard now.

Life ain't easy for a fief owner.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Lots of the special NPCs who will join you don't seem to have dialogue yet, but who cares, there's tons of them now

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You know what would be cool? If this game eventually got to the point where the battles were like those in the Total War series.

Imagine the sieges!

Sceptre on
  • Options
    ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Gar, I wish this game was finished. I find it hard to enjoy a game when it has no storyline. Speaking of.. will any of the mods (settings) work with this version?

Shurakai on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Shurakai wrote: »
    Gar, I wish this game was finished. I find it hard to enjoy a game when it has no storyline. Speaking of.. will any of the mods (settings) work with this version?

Nope, but give it a few months and they will

I can't wait to see what Last Days does with some of these new features

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    How do I retain previous versions so I can play the mods? I just started the Last Days.

Shurakai on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Shurakai wrote: »
    How do I retain previous versions so I can play the mods? I just started the Last Days.

Just specify a different install path than the default I think

You can play the new version and it shouldn't interfere with the previous

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Christ, I played this back when it was version .18 or .36 or something... Of COURSE I have a different email address now and no access to the old one. Guess I'll have to buy it again!

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I may have to play this again instead of TF2 tonight...

This is one game where I never minded the lack of a story. the combat is just that satisfying.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I bought this game at like version .000001. I have no fucking clue where my serial key is. :|

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I bought this game at like version .000001. I have no fucking clue where my serial key is. :|

on the official forum, there's a thread somewhere on how to get your key mailed to you - provided you still use the same email address you did when you bought it.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Sceptre wrote: »
    You know what would be cool? If this game eventually got to the point where the battles were like those in the Total War series.

Imagine the sieges!

I do wish Total War would look at this and do this game. Hell, the Total War franchise should just hire these guys. Make this into a Total War game using the TW engine. Mmmmm. Just make the areas a bit smaller and the units a little more detailed. Viola! You have one helluva a battle system.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I too am having this problem, except I'm unsure of if they have switched providers on me since I bought it.

I've gone to that ecellerate site and tried to look up order history, but it says I haven't bought anything from them on any of my emails.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have a 2mb connection and it's been downloading the new version for over two hours now. Shitty connection or is everyone on the Internet trying to get this thing?

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I am all over this. EVERYbody needs to play this.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Rohan wrote: »
    I have a 2mb connection and it's been downloading the new version for over two hours now. Shitty connection or is everyone on the Internet trying to get this thing?

the game is more popular than its low-budget appearance would make you think...

there's a couple mirrors out there, did you try them all?

You can now download the new version from Filecloud.com. It could be faster than downloading from our server:

http://www.filecloud.com/files/file.php?user_file_id=592604

Deniz has also uploaded the file to Hyperfileshare here

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Rohan wrote: »

the game is more popular than its low-budget appearance would make you think...

there's a couple mirrors out there, did you try them all?

You can now download the new version from Filecloud.com. It could be faster than downloading from our server:

http://www.filecloud.com/files/file.php?user_file_id=592604

Deniz has also uploaded the file to Hyperfileshare here

I'm aware of how popular it is, I bought a serial key myself years ago. Perhaps it's my connection, I don't know.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Holy fuck.

Looks like I'm not finishing The Last Days for .808.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    One of the new features that I love so much and has saved me in several battles already:

The ability to loot fallen soldiers on a battlefield.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    JamsqueJamsque Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have found that most useful in arena battles. It means that if you get stuck on the ground with a bow you are not totally fucked, you just have to dodge hits until you can grab a real weapon and a spare horse.

I have discovered the first bug: sometimes, when you go to the character screen from the world map, it will give you all of the character creation prompts except the first two (male/female, family). It doesn't reset your skills (thank god) but it does present you with the option to change how you want saves to work (allow exit without save or not).

Jamsque on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I like the direction this game is going-- Start out poor and eventually conquor the entire land. Of course you
    cant do it yet (at least not properly as far as I know), but even having your own fiefdom is pretty cool.

Shurakai on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    oh holy fuck

no

not now

i have classes and assignments and so much work that i will now never complete

Brolo on
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh God fuck shit a new one no... I actually just started this again with my current version (which is .7something) and in a few days I got two characters up to about level 25 or so. But if I update, all that work is wasted, right? Or is there some way to use them again?

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Not really, but you can level your guys up really quickly over a few days.

Or just not install the new version if you really don't want to.

Brolo on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It's all wasted, but consider that character creation's been given a minor overhaul, and a new skill has been added.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682