As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In your [chat], bitches!

DynagripDynagrip Break me a million heartsHoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited September 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Yeah, that's right.

Dynagrip on

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    But not in our pants, right?

moniker on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    There are no pants.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    :winky:

moniker on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    1 part marascino + 2 parts gin + 1/2 part lemon juice.

Not too bad.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    1 part marascino + 2 parts gin + 1/2 part lemon juice.

Not too bad.

Sounds all right to me.

LaOs on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The issue threads are depressing me.

Make me laugh with glee before lightning knocks out the power.

Gim on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Gim wrote: »

That's why I avoid them. Pop culture it is!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I demand beer. Beer was promised, damnit!

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I am riding on a limited express, one of the crack trains of the nation.
    Hurtling across the prairie into blue haze and dark air go fifteen all-steel coaches holding a thousand people.
    (All the coaches shall be scrap and rust and all the men and women laughing in the diners and sleepers shall pass to ashes.)
    I ask a man in the smoker where he is going and he answers: "Omaha."

moniker on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, The Cat needs to get into the "Consensual Crimes" thread. She's better at the prostitution argument than I am.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    *blows brains out*

I wonder how many times I've used the above asterisked sentence here.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    *blows brains out*

I wonder how many times I've used the above asterisked sentence here.

I'm not sure. I will see if I can figure it out while I dream. I'll let you know when I get up tomorrow.

G'night, [Chat].

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Grr, this girl hasn't e-mailed out directions to the party tomorrow yet.

Gim on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Man, The Cat needs to get into the "Consensual Crimes" thread. She's better at the prostitution argument than I am.
    Fuck, I've got enough to deal with with Captain Logical Inconsistency in the abortion thread. And the fucknuckle still doesn't realise his whole "argument" is based on unfounded assertions.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Grr, this girl hasn't e-mailed out directions to the party tomorrow yet.

At least I already know the way to the one I'm going to tonight ololol

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Party hardy, Cat.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    i have the new terry pratchett. if it wasn't the case that I hadn't seen these people for ages, I might have piked :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I've fallen woefully behind on his work. Can you give me the tagline to this one?

Gim on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    Man, Sandburg makes even shitty cowtowns sound dynamic and exciting. I wonder what he could do with a real city.

There are a ton of poets from Boston, but none of them seemed to have written about the city except for Whitman who wrote about dumb patriotic rituals.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It occurs to me that the people who might honestly see themselves as on my side in the consensual crimes thread I'm not sure I want on my side. Or at least, it takes too much wordal fenangling to extricate my position and views from theirs.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I've fallen woefully behind on his work. Can you give me the tagline to this one?

Dude in charge of stamps get bored, vetinari puts him in charge of the banking system. not sure about it yet, but i'm only a few pages in.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I think I have more affection for Queen than any straight dude is allowed. Elvis Costello too.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    :whistle: And I will remember your name and face on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    And I will rejoice in your fall from grace with a cane to the sky like "None shall pass!"

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    God damnit, you suckered me in. That thread is full of icky, I ain't going back D:

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    On the one hand, the libertarian in me says that in general people should be able to engage in whatever sexual activities they choose with whomever they choose as long as it's consensual, therefore prostitution should be legal.

On the other hand, the overwhelming body of evidence suggests that prostitution is an industry populated by deeply mentally troubled women. This has been my personal experience with the prostitutes I've come into contact with during the stranger paths of my life. (No, I've never been the client of one. I've just known a few.) Whether the mental problems precede the prostitution or vice versa isn't clear, it's probably a vicious cycle, but I can't condone an activity that seems so closely tied to severe addiction and mental illness.

On the first hand, many other sexual activities like homosexuality and BDSM have been tied incorrectly to mental illness over the years, so I'm hesitant to use that as an argument.

On the second hand yet again, prostitution seems so closely tied to emotional abuse, and emotional abuse victims can engage in behaviors that appear consensual but really are not (like staying with an abusive spouse despite community-instituted escape routes), so I'm just as hesitant to call prostitution "consensual."

It's a conundrum. Really, I think the ideal situation is for prostitution to stay illegal, but a misdemeanor. Just enough to get the prostitutes into custody and into drug rehab where appropriate; and also to get them to snitch on their pimps, dealers, abusive spouses, and other general slimeballs that might be perpetuating their unhealthy cycles.

Maybe I should be posting this in the thread.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited September 2007
    And I really feel like I should go post in the chivalry vs assholery thread, but god that just looks like a hornet's nest of stupid and I don't really feel like playing Jesus in the temple right now.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    It's a conundrum. Really, I think the ideal situation is for prostitution to stay illegal, but a misdemeanor. Just enough to get the prostitutes into custody and into drug rehab where appropriate; and also to get them to snitch on their pimps, dealers, abusive spouses, and other general slimeballs that might be perpetuating their unhealthy cycles.

You know it does occur to me that this is a position I like better then legalization.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    The typical response to that argument is "If it were legalized but strictly licensed and inspected, then there wouldn't be a problem with exploitation." To that, I just say a really big "O RLY?" I just have trouble believing that, for no reason I can really eloquently express. Just seems like wishful thinking to me.

Feral on

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    360 even plays dvds. what a magical machine.

I can finally watch them on my tv again.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I really want a 360.
    After I buy a new TV.
    Which is after I buy a new sound system.
    Which is after I buy a shoji screen to hide my cat's litter box since my new bathroom doesn't have a good space for it.
    Which is after I stop being broke.
    Which is hopefully soon.
    But that's still a lot of conditions.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Variable has loooooow expectations.

Also, for some reason, I want a bunch of 60s/70s psychadelic sound equipment. Not really for any musical purpose, I just want to make and record weird noises.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    they day you do feral, we make love.

video game love.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    The typical response to that argument is "If it were legalized but strictly licensed and inspected, then there wouldn't be a problem with exploitation." To that, I just say a really big "O RLY?" I just have trouble believing that, for no reason I can really eloquently express. Just seems like wishful thinking to me.
    The problem, at least in Australia, is that laws banning the trade of sex workers tend to elicit protests direct from the sex workers themselves, so you can't really tell them to their face that their mentally ill, deluded, whatever.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Variable has loooooow expectations.

sad, I know, but after multiple dvd players broke on me, and then my ps2 died, I figured I wouldn't be watching dvd on my tv for a while, not til I got a dedicated dvd player, which wasn't going to be until after I got a nice TV for my room. instead I get it early as a bonus with this video game system.

my original xbox couldn't play them so I didn't assume this would. and I get to download free demos in the mean time.

and maybe eat some cereal. but that's neither here nor there.

Variable on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Has there already been discussion about Randy Pausch's 'Last Lecture'?

He's a CS professor at CMU who is terminally ill and he recently gave his last lecture. Worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HqdnjgkExY

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I don't think I've ever had a video game system die on me.

Somewhat sad to say, my PS2 sees more use as a DVD player than as a game system.

Gim on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So the concert was good even though there was no Lupe, but still disappointing for that reason. Nearly went deaf though. Always love Talib.

So my roommate bought 2 fucking 6 packs of Harpoon Raspberry Hefeweizen... I would have preferred 2 different six packs, but this was on sale for the day, so whatever. I like the stuff. It's pretty damn good. But it's a lot. I'm gonna need to share with some people.

Where can I get a good beer glass close to here for cheap?

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I don't think I've ever had a video game system die on me.

Somewhat sad to say, my PS2 sees more use as a DVD player than as a game system.

so did mine. lasted about 5 years I think, but I always had it on and almost always running a dvd. It fought hard at the end.

I plan on getting the slim one day, but no time soon. just figuring, there are some damn fine ps2 games I never got to.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    The problem, at least in Australia, is that laws banning the trade of sex workers tend to elicit protests direct from the sex workers themselves, so you can't really tell them to their face that their mentally ill, deluded, whatever.

Yeah, and the ones doing the protesting are not necessarily representative of the population. Sure, Margo St. James got into prostitution willingly and with a good understanding of what she got into, but it's a little like a fashion designer in Paris campaigning for "seamstress's rights" against people who want to keep sweatshops illegal.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2007
    I always remember that bit from The Simpsons where Homer is reading how to improve his life. The first step is 'Live each day as though it were your last.' He proceeds to pull over to the side of the road, sit on the curb and cry.

Gim on
This discussion has been closed.