As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPod acting up, probably the battery

TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, just the other day, my 4G iPod photo started freezing up. I didn't think much of it, as I've had it over two years, but just today it started acting weird after not being on for a few days. It had that silver apple logo it has after being inactive for a while, but after a few seconds vertical lines of pixels in the image started fading and the screen just goes blank. After trying to reboot it a few times I get the low battery image.

So, my first question is, the only thing most likely wrong with it is the battery, right? Second, I know apple will "replace" the battery for $60 (since the applecare expired this past summer). However I also know they just replace it with another iPod. What is the likelihood that I'll end up getting a new/refurbished iPod that is a 5G or newer, as opposed to them still having refurbished 4Gs in stock. Just to be clear, I'll be going to the local Apple store if that helps, rather than mailing it to Apple. Thanks in advance.

TwistedJester on