As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

House

ElkiElki get busyModerator, ClubPA mod
It comes back tomorrow!

Spoiler use: Everything in the past seasons is free-game, but spoiler everything you see during on the day the show airs. And no need to spoiler stuff from the past week(s).

smCQ5WE.jpg
Elki on

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Holy shit, it's that time already?

I guess I'll have to have a talk with my professors and let them know that the new fall season is starting, and they need to ease the fuck up.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Several sources have early House spoilers and as such you may want to avoid any articles. One in TV Guide, I think, spoiled quite a few plot points.

Magus` on
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This. Will. Be. Awesome.

I wonder if his old crew will come back after the Survivor elimination thingy. That would be funny if they did all that and nobody got the job.

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Can someone sum up the end of last season for me? I fell off the train a bit at the end there.

Medopine on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I really hope he gets new people. I hate it when shows do something huge and then in a future episode are like "SIKE".

I *hate* it.

Well the last episode of Season 3 basically has Foreman quit, Chase being fired, and Cameron quitting. However, House gave the feeling that he was ok with it and it was 'time for a change'

Magus` on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm really hoping they move the focus away from the old team. I mean they were fine characters and all, but it's time to move on. If they are still major characters, I think it will detract from the interaction between House and whomever his new team ends up being.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Medopine wrote: »
    Can someone sum up the end of last season for me? I fell off the train a bit at the end there.

Foreman realized he couldn't be the type of doctor House was and decided to quit, Chase and Cameron left shortly after because House was too stubborn to ask Foreman to come back. Then Chase and Cameron fell in love <3.

House is still House though.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »

And that is what really matters.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    the preview I saw sometime over the summer had House bouncing options off the janitor :lol:

it's like the airplane episode with mini-Chase

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This'll still be on iTunes, right? None of this NBC "we're switching to extra-crappy digital distribution, HA HA APPLE" business?

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Does he still pop vicodin like breathmints?
    I've only seen the first season. I'm curious to know if they play with the vicodin issue in later episodes.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Feral wrote: »

Does he still pop vicodin like breathmints?
    I've only seen the first season. I'm curious to know if they play with the vicodin issue in later episodes.

They did last season, but nothing really ever came of it.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    MusanMusan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8EfNllqS_A&mode=related&search=

Here's a minute or so preview of House Season 4. Has quite a bit of spoilers regarding the theme of the season.
    I'm very much looking forward to it though.

Musan on
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    This'll still be on iTunes, right? None of this NBC "we're switching to extra-crappy digital distribution, HA HA APPLE" business?

I'm pretty sure NBC has withdrawn all their shows from iTunes.

Taximes on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Taximes wrote: »

I'm pretty sure NBC has withdrawn all their shows from iTunes.

Which is good, cause House is on FOX!

Medopine on
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I am so dumb.

I'll blame it on thinking about the Heroes premiere tonight.

Taximes on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

But is he? Is he really? Am I the only one who found that House's acerbic wit has become noticeably devoid of, well, wit? The show seems to have lost whatever sarcastic sense of humor it had. Now I have nothing against serious dramas, and House definitely is one, but the more I watched the third (and to a certain extent the second) season, the more I felt like his nastiness was entirely humorless and ultimately just cruel. It didn't even seem to accomplish much.

And the show has used and reused its prominent themes to death. Drug Problem? Been there, done that. Wilson and House on the rocks? Yeah. Trouble with the ladies? A-yup. Discern a significant theme in the show and chances are overwhelmingly in favor of them having done it at least twice.

Not to mention that the differential is becoming progressively less and less compelling. Most of them seem like window dressing. Now, I realize that a major function of the diagnosis is to provide a vehicle for the drama, but the mysteries have become, in large part, utterly uncompelling. Not to mention that House, who seems like a mad Holmesian genius in the first season, has seemingly lost his Holmes, and his genius, leaving him with only a pretty severe personality disorder. A show about a psycho can be compelling, as long as you're embracing that, and not trying to toss a suit coat and a cane at the nutjob and call him a genius. I want to be *interested* in the mystery, not surprised that it still exists. It just isn't House if you're so caught up in the drug problem/fucked up relationship redux that you don't even notice the diagnosis. Honestly, I found myself so appallingly drawn to House's trainwreck replay (like watching the same two cars smash into each other again and again) that I sometimes could not recall who they were diagnosing, and with what.

Given that ER has never appealed to me, and that Grey's Anatomy is the worst show on television, it seems apparent that the only medical show worth watching is Scrubs. Honestly, I feel like the show is much more honest, the humor always appeals to me, and the emotion much more compelling. When something dramatic and emotional happens in Scrubs, I feel genuinely pulled by it. In the midst of that comedy, it seems special somehow. Rather than House, where most of it evokes little more than a certain morbid curiosity.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Holy shit, it's that time already?

I guess I'll have to have a talk with my professors and let them know that the new fall season is starting, and they need to ease the fuck up.

Yeah, let us know how that works out for you.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    NarketNarket __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    DAMMIT. I just started watching the third season, and like a dumbass I read some of these posts. So, any good ideas on short term memory deletion??

Narket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Narket wrote: »
    DAMMIT. I just started watching the third season, and like a dumbass I read some of these posts. So, any good ideas on short term memory deletion??

Alcohol.

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    I kind of lost interest due to everything Alecthar said. Although I like Grey's on occasion :P hope the series gets back to what it was like in S1, although I can't help but think they've run out of freaky diseases.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    I really hope this doesn't suck. Losing a good chunk of the original cast can seriously screw with a series.

_J_ on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    What's good about this season is we (Australians) are getting it without a fucking huge delay

it's about bloody time

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Alecthar kind of summed it up for me as well. The end of the Tritter arc made me realize that I really wasn't enjoying the show anymore.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hamju wrote: »
    Narket wrote: »

Alcohol.

Hammer.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Alecthar kind of summed it up for me as well. The end of the Tritter arc made me realize that I really wasn't enjoying the show anymore.

That's only because it was a lame story arc.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

House hasn't had a lot of good story arcs. In fact, the only two "arcs" I really remember are Tritter and fat black guy...and the latter sucked, too. Unless maybe the Cameron/Chase arc. That sucked, too.

I think House works best as a series that doesn't rely on a lot of continuity. Just individual (often formulaic) episodes that are interesting or entertaining. Granted, it will only last for so long at that point...in fact, I'm thinking honestly it may only have another season or two in it (if that).

It seems like whenever they try to do some kind of overall continuity it seems like they lose a lot of what makes House...well, House. That or the storyline ends up just being shrugworthy.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Seriously. That arc dragged, but it went right back to being good once they ditched that douche

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Seriously. That arc dragged, but it went right back to being good once they ditched that douche

I don't think I'd have hated it so much if I hadn't read the TWoP recaps, because daaaamn that's some critical viewing. Sara M really nails the problems with the plot and that guy's character.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    What is all this nonsense? House, not fantastic? Is Hugh Laurie still on the cast?

That's what I thought.

Mahnmut on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    The Cat wrote: »

I don't think I'd have hated it so much if I hadn't read the TWoP recaps, because daaaamn that's some critical viewing. Sara M really nails the problems with the plot and that guy's character.

I can't read television without pity anymore. Once I start noticing all the little things they nitpick, I end up hating the show.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Cat wrote: »

I can't read television without pity anymore. Once I start noticing all the little things they nitpick, I end up hating the show.

Then the obvious solution is just to watch and enjoy in ignorance. I know its hard for some people here in D&D, but it certainly helps me enjoy some of the less intelligent things in life.

Veevee on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Tritter Arc didn't just drag the way it ended was a totally copout.

The ac with his ex-gf was decent becasue it didn't impose too muc on the episodes

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

The ac with his ex-gf was decent becasue it didn't impose too muc on the episodes

The penultimate episode of Season 1 that told the story of How She Killed His Leg, in House-teaching-a-class format, was actually the best episode in the whole damn show. I dunno, maybe it has gone downhill some.

Mahnmut on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    what kind of thing did they nitpick?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Variable wrote: »

I've never read television without pity for House.

It killed The West Wing for me, though

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2007

Depends on the writer. Whoever was doing the Heroes sum-ups basically gave out sloppy bjs every week.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007

The penultimate episode of Season 1 that told the story of How She Killed His Leg, in House-teaching-a-class format, was actually the best episode in the whole damn show. I dunno, maybe it has gone downhill some.

That episode won some awards or something too.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007

Bastards!

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    _J_ wrote: »

Bastards!

Is what I'm saying

Senjutsu on