As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wash DC/Md/Northern VA meetup?

12345679»

• HoChiWaWaHoChiWaWa Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    I got some chocolate raspberry joint that was so rich I couldn't finish it, but damn was it good.

HoChiWaWa on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Good times, but damn I can't let you guys keep me out that late again.

CyberJackal on
  • EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Good times, but damn I can't let you guys keep me out that late again.

Sure you can, the next time we do something :P

Speaking of which... what all is going on for Halloween? I haven't heard of shit going on around here, and so far my friends up in NJ aren't doing anything either.

EclecticGroove on
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hey folks.

So, with today being my 23rd Birthday (meaning I am no longer tied for nominal youngest age, grrr...) I am planning on hosting a little something on Saturday evening. It's just going to be a bit of video games followed by the watching of the Grindhouse movies. There will probably also be pizza and a bit of light drinking. Time is something like 9pm-2:30am, with my basement open if anyone would just like to crash there.

So, if any of y'all don't yet have plans for the weekend, and would like to come by, send me a PM, or text/call me if you already have my phone number, and I'll get you directions and further details, etc.

Evander on
    edited October 2007
    Don't think I can make that, but happy birthday all the same.

CyberJackal on
  • HoChiWaWaHoChiWaWa Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    I've got a date with some grasshopper tacos that night, but happy birthday man.

HoChiWaWa on
  • Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well, shit. I didn't even know this thread existed.

I'll be hanging out at Iota in Arlington, VA Friday night if anyone wants to come by and say hello. A friend of mine (SHWA) is playing. It's only $10 and it should be decent.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2007
    Tw4win wrote: »
    Well, shit. I didn't even know this thread existed.

I'll be hanging out at Iota in Arlington, VA Friday night if anyone wants to come by and say hello. A friend of mine (SHWA) is playing. It's only $10 and it should be decent.

Man, I had this thread bumped for like a week! :P

Don't worry, I (or someone else if they beat me to it) will arrange for another outing before too long.

Most likely after the holiday season I'm sure.

Evander, happy birthday man. Hope a few people were able to make it. But the pizza in this area sucks! :P

EclecticGroove on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I like Iota. I can hardly ever get my girlfriend to go, she says it's too crowded, but she says that about everything.

I think she said that about South Dakota once, so yeah.

NotASenator on
  • Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I like Iota. I can hardly ever get my girlfriend to go, she says it's too crowded, but she says that about everything.

I think she said that about South Dakota once, so yeah.

It was a cool show. I'll be there again on Nov. 11 for Paul Sanchez, an ex-member of Cowboy Mouth

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2007
    Saw this thread over in G&T for MAGfest. It's way off in January, but it sounds pretty cool.

CyberJackal on
  • slowslow Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nekromantix coming to Baltimore in November wooooo

slow on
    edited October 2007
    Saw this thread over in G&T for MAGfest. It's way off in January, but it sounds pretty cool.

That sounds pretty cool. I might be down with that. Anyone else interested in it?

I suppose if the registration fee is too much for some people to see as worth it, we could meet up for some food during it to chill out. (I think I saw this thing is running pretty much 24 hours during the days it's on).

Anyone else here interested in going? Looks like a few in that thread are already going or fairly interested at least.

EclecticGroove on
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    um yeah so...

BLADERUNNER IS PLAYING AT THE UPTOWN THIS WEEKEND.

Anyone wanna go? I've never seen it from start to finish so I figure now is the time.

http://www.fandango.com/MoviePage.aspx?mid=110776&date=10%2f26%2f2007&tid=AABYF

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    altmann wrote: »
    um yeah so...

BLADERUNNER IS PLAYING AT THE UPTOWN THIS WEEKEND.

Anyone wanna go? I've never seen it from start to finish so I figure now is the time.

http://www.fandango.com/MoviePage.aspx?mid=110776&date=10%2f26%2f2007&tid=AABYF

Oh crap. That would be unbelievably awesome. I have a toddler Halloween parade to attend and folks are coming over for dinner afterwards. Which version of Blade Runner are they playing? If it's the version without the voiceovers I might have to try to sneak out for a 10:00pm show...

Anyone in the area who hasn't seen a movie at the Uptown, you should seriously go. It's one of the last of the old-time big screen theaters. I recommend Balcony seats up in front, although there are plenty of good seats down on the floor as well.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2