As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes: Part 2, The Revengeance

• mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Virral wrote: »
    No idea if it's right, but I like that theory it's nice and neat.

Also, noone else has commented so perhaps it was just widely accepted, but was this episode the first time Mrs Petrelli admitted to having a power? Something along the lines of telling Parkman that they would find out about "special people like us".

Also, didn't Nathan win an election of some kind? It made sense before when he appeared to be in hiding and presumably pretending he was dead, but no apparently he just couldn't be bothered shaving. The person at the school wasn't surprised to meet the boys Father and said he wasn't allowed to be there, and also he had no problem cleaning himself up and talking to the police. So why isn't he mayor of New York (or whatever he was running for)?

Well, we knew she was a power based on her (and her peers) oblique references, but it was at least somewhat ambiguous. Hiro's father doesn't appear to have a power (based on his reference to waiting for a member of his family to 'ascend'), but on the other hand Simone's father (whom Peter was caring for) had a power (since he could see/interact with Peter when he traveled back and saw his mother on the rooftop).

When Mrs. Petrelli immediately realizes that Matt is reading her thoughts and mentally screams to get out of her head, it's unclear whether that's because of a power of hers, or just good reasoning (based on his immediately referencing 'revenge' after she thought of it).

As for Nathan's election, unless I'm mistaken we haven't been given an explanation as to his status. He won the Congressional election, but it's possible that either fraud was detected (perhaps Micah did it sloppily) or Nathan stepped down in the aftermath. He may also have disappeared for long enough that he was declared legally dead, had his seat vacated, and thus was jobless when he returned.

mattharvest on
  • ZombieJeffZombieJeff Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Virral wrote: »
    Also, didn't Nathan win an election of some kind? It made sense before when he appeared to be in hiding and presumably pretending he was dead, but no apparently he just couldn't be bothered shaving. The person at the school wasn't surprised to meet the boys Father and said he wasn't allowed to be there, and also he had no problem cleaning himself up and talking to the police. So why isn't he mayor of New York (or whatever he was running for)?

As for Nathan's election, unless I'm mistaken we haven't been given an explanation as to his status. He won the Congressional election, but it's possible that either fraud was detected (perhaps Micah did it sloppily) or Nathan stepped down in the aftermath. He may also have disappeared for long enough that he was declared legally dead, had his seat vacated, and thus was jobless when he returned.

This hasn't been answered at all in the show, but has been answered outside the show:

http://www.votepetrelli.com/

Here's the text of Nathan's note, for those who don't want to go to the link.
    My fellow New Yorkers, it’s been a long and hard journey to the top of the mountain, and I thoroughly appreciate everything you have given me and have done for my family and I. This state is the archetype of this country, and has allowed for more opportunity than I ever thought imaginable. Winning the election on November 2nd was a thrill that I will never forget, nor would I want to. It’s something that will remain with me, even as I make the following statement.

In all the decisions I have made in my public life, I have always tried to do what was best for New York and its citizens. Recently I have encountered a situation that renders me unable to put the best interest of New York as my number one concern. Without going further into further details, I am resigning from my elected seat as Junior Senator of New York state, effective immediately.

This was never my intention, and I want all of you to know that my desire to do the right thing for the people of New York, the same quality that won my election, is the same desire and urge I have right now. Please do not worry about me or my family. While there are extenuating circumstances to explain my abrupt change of heart, I do not wish to delve deeply into any of my reasons, as they are personal. And in these hard times, privacy is important for my family.

ZombieJeff on
  • DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I just thought of a stupid reason for Nathan suriving the blast:

Deicist on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tallus wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he probably just dropped Peter and flew up and away as Peter fell, managing to avoid the shockwave. Would be the easiest explanation.

Undead Scottsman on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I thought I'd give up on this show, but then I read that Kristen Bell is joining the cast.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited October 2007

I'm pretty sure he probably just dropped Peter and flew up and away as Peter fell, managing to avoid the shockwave. Would be the easiest explanation.

Well, given that he seems to be able to fly faster than the speed of sound without injury (i.e. his first escape from Noah & the Hatian), it stands to reason he's got some sort of durability or invulnerability, or alternately the telekinesis* that lets him fly keeps the air (and dust) from slamming through the skin of his eyes.

*The producers, when explaining some of the cast, commented once that almost all the powers are mental, with only a few being actually physical (e.g. healing), so given that Nathan doesn't flap his arms, fire exhaust out of his arse, or any other normal means of propulsion it stands to reason it's a form of TK.

mattharvest on
  • DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

He specifically said 'I won't leave you Peter' just before they took off.

Deicist on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Maybe that's why he keeps seeing a burnt version of himself in the mirror; he feels guilty.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited October 2007

Maybe that's why he keeps seeing a burnt version of himself in the mirror; he feels guilty.

This.

mattharvest on
  • DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Peter learned something important about himself and his gender identity issues from the box:
    heroes-cap.jpg

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That makes the makeouts super hot.

Dex Dynamo on
    edited October 2007
    I'm catching up on the series from the first episode. I'm finishing the second now, and so far it isn't that bad. Sure the acting's terrible and those twins are an irritation, but I guess I'm invested in the characters enough to want to see what happens to them.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited October 2007
    When did Peter gain the ability to shoot lightning? Is this derivative of Ted, or are we meant to believe that he picked it up between shows?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It has not yet been revealed where Peter picked up that power (although there's a strong hint in episode 2.5)

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm assuming he somehow came into contact with blond chick sometime during the missing 4 months.

Tach on
    edited October 2007
    mmmmm, evil Kristen Bell

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007
    I hope West dies pretty soon. Redundant powers just feel lazy, and that sequence where he takes Claire into the air made me want to stop watching.

And Hiro's arc couldn't feel more disconnected from the rest of the show. I wonder if it'll ever prove to be important to the overall storyline.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I hope West dies pretty soon. Redundant powers just feel lazy, and that sequence where he takes Claire into the air made me want to stop watching.

And Hiro's arc couldn't feel more disconnected from the rest of the show. I wonder if it'll ever prove to be important to the overall storyline.

Of course it will.
    If it's kensai killing the company founders

I just hope west dies for being a creepy assed stalker. Seriously, what kind of fuck follows a chick home from school and then watches her through the window? Dude needs to be shot. Repeatedly. With lightning bullets.

see317 on
    edited October 2007
    Hiro needs to learn that banging girls in the past only leads to you becoming your own ancestor.

And I don't see why they had to kill Candice when they could have just replaced her with a different actor.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hiro needs to learn that banging girls in the past only leads to you becoming your own ancestor.

Is he going to learn the hard way? :winky:

CyberJackal on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    He's going to do the nasty in the past-y?

And what would be the result of that past nastification?

Tach on
    edited October 2007
    Tach wrote: »

Verily.

As for Hiro:
    I love the idea that Kensai is still relevant today, e.g. as the murderer.

As for Candice:
    She's too powerful. Those illusions are game-breakers, and its better that no one is using them.

mattharvest on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007

Verily.

As for Hiro:

As for Candice:
    She's too powerful. Those illusions are game-breakers, and its better that no one is using them.

As opposed to trapping people in illusions in their mind.

DarkWarrior on
    edited October 2007
    Candice herself would be stuck maintaining those illusions, though, and she's also easily manipulated. I'm sure you could break her concentration just by saying the right thing to her.

Why change your name and not change your entire body, anyway?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited October 2007
    I love Kristen Bell.

Nathan's hair is stupid.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I love Kristen Bell.

Nathan's hair is stupid.

My thoughts are the exact opposite of yours.

Therefore you're stupid.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Thank god there were no twins this week.

Also why didn't the Irish Chick seem to care when Peter's eyes went all white? That'd seriously freak me out. Even if I had already seen a person shoot lightning from their hands.

DharmaBum on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Verily.

As for Hiro:

As for Candice:

Yeah, the Parkman's seem to be able to reproduce that really well.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited October 2007
    I love Kristen Bell.

Nathan's hair is stupid.

My thoughts are the exact opposite of yours.

Therefore you're stupid.

There is something clearly wrong with you

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007
    Malkor wrote: »

Verily.

As for Hiro:

As for Candice:

I'm confused, are you agreeing with me or sarcastically bashing me?

DarkWarrior on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Verily.

As for Hiro:

As for Candice:

I'm agreeing with you. It looks like Matt's father can reproduce what Candice did by projecting his mind to a point. Matt was finally able to communicate with Nathan, so I'm guessing he'll start becoming more powerful too. Candice could only use what she thought would work. It looks like the Parkmans can go in and take what they need to use against people.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited October 2007

Verily.

As for Hiro:

As for Candice:

I'm agreeing with you. It looks like Matt's father can reproduce what Candice did by projecting his mind to a point. Matt was finally able to communicate with Nathan, so I'm guessing he'll start becoming more powerful too. Candice could only use what she thought would work. It looks like the Parkmans can go in and take what they need to use against people.

Plus like someone mentioned in this or the D&D thread, you can manipulate Candice even if you're in a vision because she didn't seem all that well balanced. This Parkman method seemed pretty invulnerable and despite the absurdity of th esituation, the victims fail to realise their situation and are definetly unable to take it out on the attacker. I still fail to see how that guy is the big monster from the 9th wonder comic.

DarkWarrior on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I missed the first season but does Noah have a power? It seems to run in families and most of the Company people seem to have one.

Thomamelas on
  • silkypeasilkypea Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Heroes is way overrated. I just watched the whole first season a week ago and then thought about why I just wasted so much time. A friend said it was really good, I love superhero shit but I just didn't enjoy it. I think I was expecting it to be on par with lost and it didn't even come close. Does anyone feel me?

silkypea on
    from the bottom of the bottle to the top of the throne
    doom the fuck tree
    edited October 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I missed the first season but does Noah have a power? It seems to run in families and most of the Company people seem to have one.

Not his family. Claire's adopted.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    silkypea wrote: »
    Heroes is way overrated. I just watched the whole first season a week ago and then thought about why I just wasted so much time. A friend said it was really good, I love superhero shit but I just didn't enjoy it. I think I was expecting it to be on par with lost and it didn't even come close. Does anyone feel me?

i dunno man, i think it is pretty entertaining. and since this is a thread dedicated to the show, I assume most of the people here feel the same way.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited October 2007

It's not LOST quality, not even close really. But it's pretty enjoyable despite it's flaws. I think your friend just hyped it up too much for you.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007
    I only started watching again because of Kristen Bell and nothing to do this morning.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

It's not LOST quality, not even close really. But it's pretty enjoyable despite it's flaws. I think your friend just hyped it up too much for you.

For my part, I gave up on Lost sometime during season 2 I think, and that whole thing feels like a waste of time.

Scooter on
    edited October 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »

For my part, I gave up on Lost sometime during season 2 I think, and that whole thing feels like a waste of time.

Understandable since the middle of season 2 and the first handful of eps of season 3 were a low point for the series, but after the first break in season 3 it really picked up steam and the show is peaking right now. The season 3 finale was far and away the best episode in the entire run of the show. And with the new shortened seasons (the final 3 seasons will be 16 episodes apiece rather than the 24 of the first 3) they should be able to avoid the padding that really dragged the show down.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]