As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

XP Wont install - isapnp.sys is corrupted

Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, so I'm fixing this computer, just doing a format/reinstall.

Tried to just boot to the winxp CD, but as it is loading it comes up with a screen saying "The file isapnp.sys is corrupted. Press any key to continue."

Ok I thought, I better clean this Hard drive first. I wipe it writting all zeros, then have a problem getting the MBR back. Two days later I manage to get it booting into the XP setup again, but I get the same corrupt file error.

Just to clarify, it is the inital XP setup load that is giving me the error, 3rd or 4th screen in (press blah blah for 3rd part raid, setup is loading files...loading blah blah kernel, ERROR)

Now, I've tried several different XP Discs, and none work, so it cant be the CD..... it also cant be the drive because it is CLEANED bare and formatted to FAT32.

Whats the problem? Ideas?

Sharp101 on

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, I tried another cd drive I had laying around.... and I'm actually installing windows now.

If I had only known this 4 days ago.

Sharp101 on